Feedback - Bug Reports

@curious.jp I’ve encountered the bug several times too! I tried to reproduce it intentionally, no luck.
Try to refresh your Bunpro tab by hitting Ctrl+R. Maybe it caused by an old version of the frontend bundle.

Nitty-gritty technical details for Bunpro staff:
it happens because a <div> container of the audio player have .native-audio class sometimes when a review session begins, but the audio player only supposed to have this class. And it crashes because <div>'s don’t have play() method of course.
But I can’t figure out how that class ends up there.

1 Like

Thank you for the detailed report! And thank you @HotAirGun for the follow up. I don’t see anywhere were that would be happening on our end to cause a div to get that class :man_shrugging: I have updated the way that we check to look specifically for an audio element. Hopefully that helps!

@Adarain I have patched that. Thank you for pointing it out.

@HotAirGun @Megumin I have fixed the styling. I agree it could be a double edged sword but we also get the same report multiple times, especially for missing or incorrect audio, to the point the feedback is sometimes inundated with the same one over and over. We are hoping that it helps us cut down on those, and also give users some feedback that the issue is already being handled/incentives us to clear them out quicker. We maybe go back to the way it was or keep it as it is now once we have more data about to base the decision on.

3 Likes

Fixed! :relaxed:

2 Likes

Should badge awards unlock immediately or does it happen overnight?

edit: have waited overnight. the cram-meister is waiting patiently for his 300 cram badge, i now feel it’s my duty to get to 1000

edit edit: resolved after 304 crams

1 Like

I noticed a bug on firefox when doing two cram session following right after the other. It seems that the next sentence is already pre-loaded in the last session, then when you cram again it loads in a new sentence, but still expects the answer from the pre-loaded sentence of the last session.

As noted above, this seems to happen on FireFox, but not on Chrome, so it might be out of your hands and just some way the cache works or something, and it is a rather trivial bug as I don’t expect too many occurences of people having two cram sessions one right after the other without visiting any other pages in the intermediate :woman_shrugging:

Steps to reproduce :

Firefox : 94 (64-bit) on Windows 10

1. Run a Cram session
  2. Finish (or wrap-up) session
  3. Immediately launch a new cram session

Examples :

2 Likes

Clicking on the Structure Verb[て]。 brings a permanent “Loading Grammar” modal popup and an undefined error on the console.

This link:

1 Like

Huh… Weird… Loads fine for me :

1 Like

Oops, I should have been more specific on my report, is the link within the structure, of N4 L3 18/18.

Might happen on other points, I haven’t tested deeper.

I have updated my feedback post.

1 Like

I see! Also, does seem to reproduce on all grammar links I tried atm :

1 Like

Don’t exactly know what’s a CSP (I assume it means Content Super Police because it sounds cool) report being sent

It doesn't mean that, disappointed.

CSP: report-uri - HTTP | MDN

1 Like

When you run into that problem, refresh the page and try again. I’ve come across the same issue after the update, and a refresh always does the trick. Obv not ideal but a decent temp fix

Reloading only works for the “Structure Legend” button, it doesn’t work for the other one. At least for me.

Have also had this problem… though confusing at first, easily resolved with a refresh, but yeah, confusing!

After studying this new grammar point I’ve got an actual ghost review which shows up as due but will never load.

The console shows Uncaught TypeError: can't access property "japanese", t is undefined so it seems like a data error is crashing your JS. (No idea whether this error is normal, don’t currently have any other reviews left to do.)

The marked part, it is translated as saturday instead of sunday

と言っても shows up in lesson 2 and lesson 3 of N3.

I hope this is the right place; in the N5 lesson for けど・だけど, this example sentence is probably missing “ワイン”?

• さけむけれどもはまないです。
  • I drink alcoholic beverages, but I don’t drink wine.

should be(? correct me if I’m wrong):

• さけむけれども、ワインはまないです。

Also, in the lesson for から-because, one sentence seems to have a hyperlink to the だ grammar point that’s a bit too long, since you can’t click on the kanji to see furigana in the latter part of that sentence:

“大きい会社だから、人が沢山いる。” (hyperlink starts from だ and goes to the end of the sentence)

1 Like

Thank you for letting us know about this! I have just fixed the translation error!

3 Likes

You are right, it seems like wine was missing in the Japanese text. Both of the issues you mentioned have been fixed!

3 Likes

Help, I have 7 reviews that wont go away. I kept entering the correct thing three times and nothing, they just keep coming back. I noticed the input bar doesn’t turn green. It’s still red when I enter something wrong but that doesn’t help me either. :sweat_smile:

I hit the finish session button and made it worse. It’s showing 11 new reviews now, but nothing in the forecast graph.

2 Likes