Feedback - General

Hi,

Although my auto renewal is currently off (and has been since I stopped using Bunpro a few weeks ago), I have just been charged for the next month.

Could someone please look into this?

Thanks.

2 Likes

I straightened everything out and reversed the charge. I will take a look at what might have caused it. Sorry for the trouble!

2 Likes

If I fail an item in the “Quiz Me” bit at the end of the 3 lessons you get in the “Study” mode, do those items become Ghosts? Because I failed a couple this time and would like them to become ghosts so I can review how/why I got those ones wrong and try and understand/remember the grammar point more.

Right now they do not. One work around might be to go to the grammar point page for the grammar you want to drill extra and reset it and then review it through reviews once more. You will get a new sentence, but also get a little extra practice.

I will put this on our list to make sure we look more into it in the near future.

3 Likes

A manual add/remove ghost button would be lovely in general.

7 Likes

Yes! Especially for cases where you’ve made a mistake unrelated to the current grammar point (e.g., getting the て-form wrong), but where you click “oops” and correct yourself as the main point was correct :slight_smile:
(… see also This :D)

2 Likes

お風呂に入ってから、ゆっくりし たり、本をよんだりしたい。[読む]

I had the English translation on still, so it was fine. But if I changed it to hide there’s no way I would have known to put it in たい form.

I’m reading through a story meant for first graders and discovered grammar missing from here. It’s ていない which essentially means “not doing” for example 雨は降っていない meaning “it’s not raining”. I’ve found grammar points for ている and ていた but not ていない. Thought I’d call it out to see if it could be added?

According to this site it should be N5

3 Likes

When I get an answer wrong and hit backspace, the orange hint pops up. Is this intentional?

If you understand ている and ない, what more is there to say with ていない?

@nathan.powers10
@seanblue

I have replaced some ている examples, with examples that use negative form ていない (ていません).

I hope it helps :+1:
Cheers!

1 Like

Appreciate it. Since you had a separate grammar point for ていた I figured I’d see one for ていない.

1 Like

IMO, ~ていない isn’t quite as straightforward as it might appear to be on the surface (although I still wouldn’t say that it’s difficult). By that I mean, 食べていない might be understood by us learners as “I am not eating,” which isn’t completely wrong, but it’s perhaps more accurate to translate it as “I haven’t eaten” (which, notably, also implies that I am currently not eating).

So, it functions similarly to English’s present perfect, if I’m not mistaken.

3 Likes

True, but the まだ~ていません grammar point covers that case.

1 Like

I agree, I’ve heard a lot of ていない spoken on dramas and they are definitely mean “haven’t”

2 Likes

@Kai @jamie @seanblue @nathan.powers10

It can mean both, "not doing " or "has/have not done ".

It all depends on context, often the first meaning is used with 今,今や and second with から (昨日から何も食べていません), まだ (まだ何も食べていません) all kinds of even (さえ、も) 朝ごはんさえ食べていません

まだ is often omitted.

BY THE WAY, you guys probably noticed but with some words まだ can be used with words that are not in 「ていない」 form, but in simple negative form (できない、くれない). This only applies to handful of verbs, so be careful. Always try to use 「ていない」 version.

7 Likes

I had wondered about that, actually. Thanks!

Just came across this in DoBJG and was curious if Bunpro has this as an optional answer for ておく https://bunpro.jp/grammar_points/162 The とく・どく informal contractions? I don’t currently have ておく in my reviews so I can’t test for it, figured I’d bring it up just in case.

1 Like

@conan We do! Any review question marked [casual] will also accept the とく・どく informal contractions. :wink: Cheers!

3 Likes

Hi! I was wondering, is there any chance of adding an option under the “Review English” settings to hide the translation but display the full sentence at once when clicked? I prefer to read the sentence myself first, then check the translation if needed to see what goes in the blanks—but the Hide setting right now has you click through the partial translation first, which often makes the answer clear on its own even if I haven’t glanced at the sentence at all. It’s not a huge issue, but it’d be a nice quality of life feature to have.

4 Likes