Feedback - General

My suggestion: an option for users to create their own “paths.”

There are paths for textbooks currently like Genki, but I would like one for the “An Integrated Approach to Intermediate Japanese” textbook since I will be using it in the upcoming semester. The user could theoretically select grammar after searching for it in the Bunpro grammar list and assign it to the new path they create.

With a path, I could easily see what grammar is being covered in Bunpro and what grammar I need to learn outside of Bunpro. I could also “cram” certain textbook sections then.

Thank you~~

3 Likes

Review size would be great to have. I don’t like doing 100 reviews in one sitting. So if I can set up my review size to be, say, 20 items it would be perfect. I would do these 20 reviews and take a break, then return later and do another 20, etc. Currently I just have to use “wrap up” feature to achieve the same result…

4 Likes

It would be nice to have a setting for max # of reviews per session, since I also tend to limit mine to ~20 per sitting.

5 Likes

Hello :smile:

I just stumbled upon the expression くらいなら (rather than…) in Shin Kanzen Master N3 and I didn’t see it in Bunpro, I was wondering if you are gonna add it in the future?

Link to what I’m referring: https://jlptsensei.com/learn-japanese-grammar/くらいなら-kurai-nara/

It’s a bit advanced for N3 as I understand, so I don’t get why it was in there… :sweat:

Cheers :smiley:

2 Likes

Hey and sorry for the late answer! :grin:

Yes, you are right がわりに is used, but there is a small problem with it.
It sounds natural with some nouns, but with others, it is not used and there is no real rule about that.

Some examples when it sounds OK:
挨拶代わりに寄りました。
お菓子を多めに食べてご飯代わりにする。

And some which are not used.
英語代わりにスペイン語を習った。

We will add a note about this in the grammar point!

2 Likes

@mrnoone

Just wondering why putting your account in Vacation Mode doesn’t actually postpone reviews? It just hides how many review you have piling up.

I put my account in Vacation Mode thinking I wouldn’t have 500+ reviews instantly after turning it off.

If you don’t have that function, you might want to explain why or something please.

(Apologize if this comes off like I’m angry, just stressed now, lol)

1 Like

Hi!

I joined a while ago and just started using this site (got a monthly subscription).

So far I can’t say too much about the content, but one thing thats immediately obvious is how slow the site can be at times. Not really responsive and sometimes takes me up to a minute to proceed to the next page. I think this is the biggest thing I’d suggest improving at this point.

Thanks and I look forward to going through more lessons!

4 Likes

You’ve been BunPranked! It’s a new Yoshimoto show.

3 Likes

Hey! Sorry!! :bowing_man:

I am not sure what might have caused it but I will look into it. In the meantime, I can fix that issue for you manually. Could you tell me about when you went into vacation mode? Then I will offset your reviews by that amount of time by hand.

3 Likes

Thank you for the help!

I’m back in vacation mode now; I had started vacation mode on July 6th around 8 PM JST

1 Like

I noticed something today and was wondering if its a bug or intended, and thats the creation of Ghost Reviews on sentences that you’ve “retried”.

Specifically, I find myself using the backspace option in the SRS tool to retry cards when I make a typo (usually because I forget you have to type double n for ん and fail to notice before entering), however when this happens the system still seems to create a ghost review for the initial failure of the card. I would expect hitting backspace to “retry” or “undo” the card would undo the creation of a ghost review.

Is there any way to prevent this other then setting ghost reviews to minimal?

May I ask what is the roadmap for adding in audio to N3 sentences and above?
I feel that the audio really helps to reinforce learning when doing the reviews (especially during days when I am tired and just quickly scan through the sentences).

I know there has been some feedback in the past regarding the voice actress used but I personally have no problems with it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That is a bug. I don’t get ghost reviews when I use undo, and that is how it is supposed to work.

It’s a voice actress? It sounds somewhat robotic, so I just assumed it was generated. Maybe they have a weird accent or there’s noise/feedback from the recording?

1 Like

@Pushindawood Are you going to add a way to copy the sentences? Just highlighting them and copying the normal way also copies the furigana, giving invalid and confusing text. A button that automatically copies the text without furigana would be nice.

5 Likes

There is at least a script that adds this functionality: List of Scripts
It would be nice to have it natively, though.

Also, maybe this scripts thread should be pinned to the top of the forums here? :man_shrugging:
The planner is especially nice to have.

1 Like

Doesn’t help during lessons/browsing, which was the case here. The script only works during reviews.

Yea a voice actress was used.

There should be a discussion here that the admin participated in as well.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I wonder if the problem is recording artifacts. Or maybe it’s just me… Personally I find the recordings very awkward and off putting, so I almost never listen to them.

Was it intentional for the Grammar Points posts not to show up in the Latest Topic section?