Feedback - General

@nanda @opgjoh @powelliptic @lopicake

Sorry about that. I have fixed the way the ghost reviews are checked and gave the badges where they were due. Please let me know if you notice any thing out of place.

On a side note, you can now choose a favorite badge to display on your profile page. Just click on one on the badges page.

3 Likes

It doesn’t seem to work with the Achievement badges yet, but the Everest badge is all I need :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Everest is working for me!

bp

2 Likes

Should be good!

Speak of the devil…

bp

2 Likes

Love being able to pick the one I want. Fuji-san is back!

Also, is there anywhere I can see how many ghosts I’ve exorcised, so I can know how close I am to the exorcise II badge?

Guess I do have a future as ghost hunter after all!

I have the badge now. All is well, thank you very much! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Pushindawood @mrnoone Can we get a grammar point for the “even if” definition of ところで at some point? Or perhaps also/instead ~たところで?

3 Likes

Hey :grin:

The answer is: yes :+1:
I have added it to the to-do list.

4 Likes

I’m adding my lesson right now (though I’m not sure if I can finish these three lessons right away right now). I just want to say thanks to @Jake or whoever did this behind the screen. The top menu now works very well! I don’t feel like taking screenshots right now. I’m just saying that I love the hidden top menu but when I hover my mouse it’ll be visible again and when I unhover my mouse, it’s hidden again. I also check again on the same Badge page, it’s working, no more covered menu! Hark!! What am I blabbering…

In short: Thanks! Good job! I love it! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

If possible in the future, I think it would be a good idea to randomize which sentences are shown for each grammar point. Often, especially if it’s a grammar point I find hard, it becomes easier to just memorize the sentence that I’m having trouble with rather than actually memorizing how the grammar point is used (this happens unconsciously just due to the repetition)

2 Likes

Precisely because of this, I actually scroll halfway down through the example sentences so that I don’t accidentally memorize a review sentence right before it shows up.

If the review points are going to appear in a set order, it’d probably be better to show them from 12th → 1st instead.

As far as I can tell, for some grammar points, the sentences get more complicated/use more advance grammar points as they get to the end. So randomizing them could throw the harder sentences first. But I don’t think every grammar point has this difficultly scale though.

2 Likes

Hello, In this sentence:

I think お召し上がっていらっしゃいます should also be considered correct, or at least, say something like “Can you say it differently?”, not just give it back wrong.

3 Likes

I noticed that during the reviews, the hint sometimes shows the related grammar points so that they’re not mistaken for the answer.

I find that really helpful and I appreciate the effort you all are making to help us differentiate between similar grammar points during reviews.

Keep up the good work! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I think the forum dark theme should be changed a bit so that buttons actually look like buttons. On the Bunpro forums everything kind of blurs together.

Bunpro:

WaniKani:

3 Likes

@ormewq Thank you for your feedback. While not incorrect, using いらっしゃる in this sentence would make the whole phrase considerably more verbose/long-winded. That being said, since it is not incorrect, we will add a hint to this alternative answer. Thank you for drawing this to our attention. Cheers!

@lopicake In one of our future updates we would like to add the option to view related grammar points before you even type in an answer. This, of course, would be a hidden, toggleable feature. We hope that features like these will help make it easier to determine exactly what answer Bunpro is looking for. Stay tuned. Cheers!

@seanblue Thank you for your feedback. We will see what we can do. Cheers!

2 Likes

Hello, for grammar point 何といっても https://bunpro.jp/grammar_points/407 you have multiple sentences that reject the correct answer (according to all sources I’ve seen including your own grammar page) なんといっても and instead insist the incorrect pronunciation なにといっても is correct. Could you please fix this? Cause it’s messing up my reviews.

1 Like

@Kai @Scyamntic Like @lopicake mentioned, they do indeed get harder/more complex as they go. Ideally, we would like to add some secret review questions that would be the first 3-4 you would get that aren’t anywhere on the list of example sentences.

@GreenAirplane Thanks for pointing that out. I have fixed those reviews. :bowing_man:

3 Likes

You’re basically testing ように as part of the なければならない grammar point. That seems not ideal.

1 Like