Feedback - General

Yeah I guess it doesn’t matter where it is but it would be nice to at least see it on each grammar point as to where it falls in the jlpt (n3, n2, etc.). And not only in jlpt study mode but also when you are studying along a path (genki, Tobira). But honestly, to me screen placement isn’t as big a deal just as long as it’s there. Thanks!

2 Likes

Can’t recall if it’s been suggested, but it’s been coming up more and more for me as I’ve been trying to pick back up using the site: but having a search bar would be amazing. The load time for the dedicated search page is slow, and having to load a separate page just to search takes up even more time. Would love if I could just type it in on whatever page I’m on. :slight_smile:

1 Like

imagen

I think using らしい in this example, with the clues that are given, shouldn’t result in error but a hint like, can you think of another way of saying it? Unless I’m wrong in this example らしい and みたいな are interchangeble.

Random thought. What is your take towards people who extract the sentences/audio in bunpro; and make it available publicly as an Anki deck?

I really wish you had the option to give up and show the answer when a hint is triggered.
Okay, so the hint tells me the answer is NOT x, but I have no idea what it is. X was my only guess.

1 Like

I vote that pressing “Enter” a second time shows the answer, instead of causing the hint to fade in again on top of itself. (Maybe with a ~0.5 second delay window (during which a 2nd Enter press does nothing), in case the user was confident their answer was right and was expecting to immediately move on to the next review.)

2 Likes

I just type in a single character then hit enter if I have no idea. (So it get marks as incorrect.) I feel like I’d get tripped up if there was a double-enter scenario, in cases where I’d accidentally hit it twice (though your delay suggestion would fix that) or hit it instead of backspacing or something.

Maybe have it as an option in settings?

2 Likes

The top menu is covered :sweat:

Mac Safari browser. Mojave.

1 Like

How did you get the exorcist badge?

By killing ghosts :blush:

Ah. That probably means I have not killed any of my ghost reviews yet. :frowning: That does not bode well :smile:

1 Like

Sorry if this is already is possible, I couldn’t find it anywhere.

Due to my low level, would it be possible so I’m able to hide my level when posting on the forums?

1 Like

but…your level isn’t low? :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Actually, I also don’t have that badge. And given how frequently I create new ghost reviews, and from the fact that I am not absolutely drowning in reviews, I’d guess that perhaps that badge is bugged right now and does not trigger in certain circumstances?

But I also don’t know how to check whether I’ve finished off a ghost review or not…
Perhaps that’d be a cool statistic (“Ghost Hunter Stats” :smiley: )

1 Like

That’s my guess. As supporting evidence, I only have the sequel:

Yeah I was wondering that too. I have had a lot of ghost reviews but I never got the 2nd badge. Like I know I suck at killing them, but I eventually kill them… What is the number of ghost reviews that you need to kill to get it anyways?

The highest level I’ve seen so far is 42 so, yeah, you’re not low level at all in comparison. Also there is no shame about being low level anyways! After all, we all have to start somewhere.

1 Like

But speaking of the forum badge. I remember someone talking about how they didn’t really get the point of showing the level number because it didn’t coordinate with the JLPT levels. What if the badge color tied in with what JPLT level we’re currently studying? It could be set by the settings “Study Level”.

50 ghosts reviews.

1 Like

I guess the counter argument would then be, does showing your JLPT level matter more than the amount of time a user has invested in the platform?

It will probably be a never ending discussion but my take is, it is just a number.
It does not mean that a level 42 is better than a level 20.
Similarly, it does not mean someone studying for N2 is always more proficient than someone studying for N3.

1 Like

Well what I was proposing was keeping the level number but just changing the color of the badge. Right now everyone is just blue. That way you have both the information, how long someone has been using BP as well as what they are studying for.

I think knowing the JLPT level is important because, even though, of course it doesn’t make you an expert about all the lower levels, a higher JLPT level can reasonably let people know what kind of grammar the user knows. If someone is asking about a N4 grammar point I think it is helpful to see the people who are also studying N4 or above discussing and answering. Rather than someone who might still be in the N5 range.

It could also be used in the example of someone who is studying N2 studying about 「には」。 Someone who is studying N5 might think it is just a combination of the particles に and は and might say “Oh it just means the subject is at this place” which isn’t correct in this context. If the N5 user sees that it is someone currently studying N2 grammar points that is asking the question, they might better assume that this is a higher level grammar point rather than a beginner asking a beginner-level question.

Just my 2¥.

@nanda Oh, okay maybe I haven’t killed that many. (They just keep haunting me.)

2 Likes