Feedback - General

https://bunpro.jp/grammar_points has a search bar at the top that you can use! It is pretty basic but we plan to rework in the near future.

@walter Thank you for the suggestion. We will see what we can add either on the stats page or some place else to make it easy to track your progress through your reviews.

@Litharrale Thank you for that feedback! Actually, more in depth error handling/giving of hints during reviews is near the top of our list of things to do and is something we are keeping in mind as we add more sentences to N3. :slight_smile:

@veryslowlearner I see what you mean now. I have updated the css to be a make it stand out more. We plan on doing more tweaking to the design on the forum in the near future.

2 Likes

omg yes yes yes please, I keep having those (along with みえる, ようだ, and らしい) come back as leeches, it’s a struggle x’D

I do have a bug report: I’m still getting into the negatives with the review counter.

2 Likes

Are there any plans to integrate with a text-to-speech API for sentences that don’t already have native speaker audio clips, so that we can click on each example sentence to hear generated audio?

1 Like

Study mode: please show the “report error” button also in study mode. There might be a reason why you hide the button, but I find most mistakes in study mode. And since there is no report button for the sentences and the review questions I forget to report them later.

And here some issues of the stats page on phones (N5 is not visible. Chrome, Android 8.1)

1 Like

And here some issues with alignment of the example sentences and buttons on phones (the show english button is hiding the reload and slow buttons, the report error button is quite tight, the grammar title is too big) (Chrome, Android 8.1)

1 Like

If you can’t wait I’ve got you covered

https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/368516-bunpro-example-sentence-audio

2 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: Thanks a ton!

Perhaps @Manon1588 meant being able to search from anywhere on the site by having a search button in the top navigation bar.

3 Likes

Really love this site so far. I’m really feeling the learning. I do have two suggestions though.

1. It would be nice if I could play the audio clips of the sentences while on the Study page like you can on the Grammar page.

2. I’d also prefer if the quizes and reviews tested you on more than one sentence at a time. Maybe more like 3 so each study session tests you on 9 sentences.

Also for some reason when I’m on the Grammar page I have to tap on a lesson like 3 to 8 times to get it to open.

5 Likes

Yeah, that’s what I meant

1 Like

Kind of a random issue/minor annoyance, but why do the Home/Lessons/Reviews links on the forum home page automatically open in a new tab? I already have a lot of tabs open as it is, so it would be nice if it could…not do that xD I’d rather keep everything in one tab.

1 Like

@Kumi Thank you for providing your browser and OS information. We are still trying to pinpoint what may be causing the jump. We appreciate your patience as we get this sorted out. Thank you also for creating a script to automatically add audio to the sentences that do not currently have it. (@normful) However, the reason that we had not implemented a similar method of adding audio was because some kanji readings were inaccurate. 方 was often read (かた) for the より~方(ほう)が grammar point and you would often come across sentences like 雪(ゆき)が降(お)りそう instead of 降(ふ)りそう, etc. While it was mostly accurate, we ended up creating all-hiragana sentences to get reliable readings. Cheers!

@conan Looks like we did not account for self-study review questions when we pushed a patch for negative reviews and will be pushing an update soon. Please let us know if you continue to experience this issue. Thank you for your patience! Cheers!

@Anthropos888 Thank you for your comment. Currently, Bunpro does not display the report button or allow you to view the grammar point’s information until after you have submitted an answer. We had received a lot of “reports” that appeared to be the user entering their answers into the Report Error field, rather than the input field. We believed that this was largely due to the fact that the Report Error button was directly beneath the Submit button and that it was being inadvertently clicked when the user tried to click Submit. We will be adding report buttons for individual sentences in Reviews in our next update. Alignment issues on mobile should be fixed. Please let us know if you come across anything funky. Thank you for your patience! Cheers!

@seanblue and @Manon1588 Thank you both for your feedback. We had originally thought about including a smaller search bar up in the nav bar so that you could access it from multiple pages. However, we would eventually like to add more customization to your search (search by textbook, resource, sentence, etc.). We will see if we cannot make it more intuitive in the meantime. Cheers!

@Johnathan-Weir Thank you for your suggestions. Audio is coming to Reviews very soon! One of our main goals is to quiz you on multiple situations/nuances of a grammar point before it is added to your review queue (Study) or immediately after you add it to your review queue (Lessons).
We apologize for the inconvenience. Would you mind letting us know what browser/OS that you are using where you experience the multiple tapping issue? Cheers!

Fixed! Cheers!

2 Likes

@Pushindawood don’t get me wrong. I don’t mean the report error button directly beneath the submit button during review. It is good that you removed that one cause it was really confusing. But I mean all the report error buttons in “study mode” or how you call it. In the study feature the report buttons are completely missing which is not a good idea since most users find errors probably when studying the example sentences. And when you don’t have a report error button there, they can’t report any mistakes and are likely to forget it later. So you probably miss a lot of feedback because of that.

You’ll have similar problems with hiragana only since Google TTS will pronounce は as WA when it should be HA and vica versa. So make sure you use a space before and after WA.

And another request: the “+Guide” button in the top left during reviews is quite big on phones and only first time users will ever need it. So can you add the possibility to hide that button in “settings”?

Won’t this result in pitch accent issues? I guess that’s probably a lesser issue compared to getting wrong readings entirely (and I’m making the [perhaps incorrect] assumption that these computer generated audio get pitch accent mostly right when in kanji). But it’s still a shame if it does cause pitch accent issues.

Google Chrome Version 66.0.3359.181 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 (64-bit)

Dell Inspiron 17 7000 Series 7746

Additional note on the clicking. It only works when I tap repeatedly via my touchscreen. Click rapidly with mouse or trackpad just highlights/unhighlights the kana.

Ah, the ones I looked at all used the correct readings. It’s not hard to change it to use the kana though. I have that set up in the code already, just commented out.

For the 一体 grammar point, the furigana for 牧場 say ぼくじょ.
I think it’s already been mentioned, but creating several threads for different types of feedback/bugs/furigana issues sounds like a good idea instead of all having it in one thread (which is of course okay for now)

Also, the streak symbols somehow go into a second row, even though it looks like there‘s enough space to the right.

Quick question:

For ~思うように, I added additional practice sentences since I’m not really familiar with the grammar and the availability of sample sentences for that grammar were not really in abundance. However when I did my reviews, rather than just getting only one sentence for this grammar, I received one sample sentence (made by BunPro) and all of my practice sentences in the review. Since this was the first time I’ve manually added sentences on BunPro, I wasn’t sure if this was normal or not. If it is normal, will I be getting all my practice sentences as reviews each time?

Edit: just saw the new thread for suggestions, I’ll post there instead.