Feedback - General

@John_Doe We are currently in the process of setting up a new feature called “Paths”. Paths will give everyone the opportunity to study with the textbook of their choice. Starting with Genki, you will be able to use Bunpro alongside your textbook to review what you are learning, chapter by chapter, grammar point by grammar point.

While compiling grammar for this new feature, we came across some grammar points that we believe deserved a spot on Bunpro. “Future grammar” points are not only grammar points that we would like to add in the near future, but those that appear in a variety of textbooks. These grammar points are what the numbers represent next to your progress bars. You will also see these grammar points appear in search and on the Lessons page acting as placeholders so that you can see where they may fall in a JLPT level or other textbook so that you can more quickly compare and contrast multiple resources all in one place.

We are not sure if all of the grammar points listed as “future grammar” will make the final cut, but we wanted to at least give everyone the ability to reference their textbook and search for resources right on Bunpro as quickly as possible. We apologize for the confusion! Cheers!

5 Likes

Hello,

Sorry is this is the wrong place to post this. I can’t get the cram feature to work. Whenever I click the feature it gives me a blank screen that says " We’re sorry, but something went wrong." It does it on multiple browsers and devices. On the app the app just crashes. Is this an issue with my account or a common thing?

@jakefromstatefarm Looks like you found a bug! We have sent you an email with more information. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Cheers!

Not sure how I feel about the review progress bar being at the bottom… It’s particularly distracting when you move on to the next item.

4 Likes

I agree with that. Placing the bar on top of the screen as in WK and KW would be nicer and less distracting.

5 Likes

Thank you guys :+1: for developing this awesome grammar-drill tool! I found 文プロ through Wanikani community discussions and felt in love! I really appreciated the first free month and, with your fair price, a lifetime subscription was a very easy decision for me.

I have two points for you:

First, I’d appreciate an option in a cram session to be able to select only specific grammar topics to review (not only studied grammar etc.).

Second, you guys really need better promo FB, Medium… (e.g. like the author of the Inkdrop app) or something like that. Without Wanikani community, I doubt I’d found you. :thinking:

Anyway, keep up a great work! I really look forward to new Paths as well.

7 Likes

@Pirastrino Wow! Thank you so much for your kind words and for becoming a lifetime member! Thank you also for your suggestions. Adding the ability to study specific grammar points is something that we would like to not only get implemented in Cram, but sitewide. We agree that having more presence on social media would help spread the word. However, we are still a small team and the time spent maintaining multiple social networks at our current size might better be suited to expanding content and polishing the site. Once we have more content pushed and we have ironed out as many kinks as we can, we will pursue more ways to promote Bunpro. Cheers!

6 Likes

Word of mouth is something we can all do for them in the mean time :slight_smile: It’s free to spread the word, and now that we have levels, we can brag about how much XP we have :wink:

4 Likes

Exactly that :laughing::+1:

1 Like

@conan Thank you so much! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: We really appreciate it. Cc @Andulien By the way, your Bunpro level will now be displayed on the forums. You just need to log out of the forums and back in again. Cheers!

3 Likes

Wow that is really neat that you got this implemented so fast :smiley: Thank you for your hard work and being always so quick to respond to everyone!!!

1 Like

https://www.bunpro.jp/grammar_points/79 about たり〜たりする

Report: Two example sentences don’t have audio. I’m not sure if I should hit Report Error on this page, because of the unavailability of audio, instead of grammar error in the sentence, besides the latter sentence doesn’t provide me “Report Error” link anyway, so I just post it here.

I tried it on both Safari browser and Opera browser on Mac.

Weird, I looked at them and for me the “Report Error” button showed. I reported that through the report error button for you :wink:

1 Like

For 万が一 https://bunpro.jp/grammar_points/513,

One of the readings is about 万一 which is slightly different. But there’s no indication about the difference. I recommend adding http://www.e-japanese.jp/?p=662 as a resource.

But also, in general, I don’t really like when the resources mix grammar points. Usually it because the forms are related to each other and are just slightly different but it makes it more confusing when I take the lesson test and end up putting the wrong one in because I didn’t realize it was different grammar point all together.

And by that I mean instances where the resource lists both 万が一 and 万一 without distinction. Not when the resource is explicitly about the differences between two grammars like つまり and 要するに. Those are fine and I really appreciate them.

It’s enough of a problem that I’ve noticed it but right now I can’t give any more examples. Though if I encounter more I’ll mention them.

2 Likes

I think I know what happened. “Report Error” button didn’t show for me because I accessed it from Study.

This happened again to me. Different Grammar Point.

No “Report Error” button. But if I access this grammar point from Grammar link on the top menu, I found the “Report Error” button and I had already reported it to them.

I found this from this forum search, before I posted this post.

December 4, 2018

N4 Audio - All N4 example sentences and review questions have now been updated to include audio.

Dec 14th, 2018

I think I’ll just add it here, so that I won’t double post.

I was from てあげる lesson page, when I clicked Japanese Ammo, it showed This video is unavailable. Is it only happening to me? Did Misa Sensei set her video private or deleted her video?

3 Likes

I approve of this

Also thanks for putting the theme name as a class on the body

1 Like

@nanda Thank you for all of your feedback! We are not sure what happened to Misa Sensei’s video on てあげる. For the time being, we have replaced that link with one from Wasabi. Thank you for your patience. Cheers!

1 Like

Tagging on to that, a lot of “The Japanese Page” links are broken. They may have done a update on their site or something.

1 Like

@Pushindawood What is the priority for adding additional N2 sentences compared to other features on the site? When I encounter grammar points while reading I try to add them on Bunpro, but I’m a bit reluctant to do that for the N2 grammar points since they only have a few sentences.

1 Like

@lopicake Thank you for letting us know! We will look into it and get those links fixed. Cheers!

@seanblue Now that we have improved the search, updated the UX, added leveling and XP, and implemented Paths, we will be able to place more focus on fleshing out the content (adding additional sentences to N2, adding textbooks to Paths, and finally making some N1 material available on the site). Thank you for your patience. Cheers!

1 Like