Feedback - Suggested Improvements/Feature Request

apologies if anyone has already suggested this, but it could be nice to have an option that allows for review modes to automatically cycle between a selection. For example the first review for a grammar point could be to manually input, while the second could be to reveal and grade understanding. Then the third would cycle back to manual input.

Honestly though, i think this will be a lot more helpful for vocab since a lot more kanji is used which means that we need to practice seeing the kanji and recognizing the word. Doing just that, however, makes output a lot harder since we never really need to remember the pronunciation without first seeing the kanji.

1 Like

For the review type, it would be nice to be able to select more than one review type.

For vocabulary I would prefer having the review type be Translate and Fill-in. Maybe alternating between the two each time it asks me to review?

2 Likes

I have been thinking of a feature that would be so valuable to me :
- scheduling bunpro sessions differently than one session/day

Basically I am using bunpro as one tool among a few in my learning process.
I have to be very careful spending the right amount of time with it which is not easy as I don’t want to leave any reviews left after each session. I use Bunpro for testing myself almost exclusively, then possibly restudy lessons I failed.
I try to prioritise immersion at this point so An ideal situation for me would be to use bunpro every 2 days rather than everyday.

Now obviously I’d get twice the amount of reviews if I did that currently so I have no other choice than doing it everyday and it tends to take a bit of my immersion time unfortunately.

I am not sure that would even be possible given how it is structured, but that would be awesome to people with either limited time or using several tools.

Here’s a fairly easy one (maybe?): When you Master an item in Review, you get a little confetti blast :confetti_ball: .

How about, after you Slay a Ghost you get some sort of ghost-slaying animation? Like, maybe a ghost disintegrates into several puffs of smoke, moving in different directions, that then dissipate and disappear. Or some other simple but fun animation. Just something to celebrate slaying ghosts. :ghost: :dash: :partying_face:

That might make it more rewarding for folks who don’t find ghosts very psychologically rewarding. Little game-ification touches like this can make seemingly tedious things suddenly at least a little bit fun.

6 Likes

I keep getting 捕まえる vs 捕まる wrong, and they arent flaged specifically as transitive/ intransitive

1 Like

It’s under cram.

Select audio reviews and shadow along.

1 Like

I’d be extra careful though, at this point the audio is using an AI which sometimes has weird intonation/pace. It is very good but some of the voices are really off and have flow issues IMO.

the team is working on integrating an new improved AI if I am not mistaken.

2 Likes

I would also like this feature. Same for grammar really. I think being exposed to a variety of review formats can make a big difference in how I understand the grammar, as well as helping me retain focus during longer study sessions. Are there any plans to implement this feature?

@akooij

Hi there!
I’ll take a look into this.

Sounds like it might be a Safari-only issue.

1 Like

Something for the android app. On the website, while using the Reading question type and Reveal & Grade style answering, when you click the Show Answer button, it will display the Furigana for the vocab/highlighted word. However, the app does not. Instead requiring you to click on the word to get the Furigana. I use this feature on the website to study both the vocab and the reading at the same time, and having the reading automatically show is very helpful. If you also added this feature to the app, I would be extremely grateful as it would allow me to get some studying in on the go.

4 Likes

Could the page https://bunpro.jp/decks have some “memory” ?
Each time i open it, i will go to the “bookmarked tab”. I would like to create a webbrowser shortcut to go to that page but i can’t since it’s only a tab.
Suggestion : make the page aware of the last tab opened, and keep it as a reference (= save it).
It would be great!

1 Like

Hey!
I will make sure to fix this bug in mobile app by the end of this week!
Cheers!

3 Likes

I’d like to see pitch accent for words before revealing the answer, so when read out loud (or in your head) you don’t reinforce incorrect pitch.

There are several ways to indicate pitch without revealing the reading, such as by type (e.g. 頭高) or by number designation (where 0 is 平板 and 1+ indicates after which mora the pitch drops).

3 Likes

Hello, I don’t know if I did something wrong but translation exercises still appears even if I said to use another method in deck options for the onomatopoea deck, in fact I get various different exercises (fill in and translate) so maybe I checked the wrong option ?

1 Like

Hi, I like that you can order your vocab deck according to different orders.

I wonder if you can add one that orders words according to when their kanji become available in Wanikani?

This would be very useful for finding words that a WK user like me can learn without needing additional kanji knowledge.

It could work like this: One would ignore hiragana and katakana and the compute a score for ordering based on the remaining kanji. (This results in pure Kana vocab having a score for 0 which would work.) Then each kanji gets a score identical to its order within WK - this could either be the WK level, or, if a more fine-grained order is exported (don’t know the API), a specific number. The total score of the word would then be the highest individual score.

For example:
引き分け
引 - level 3
分 - level 3
Total score for sorting: 3.

1 Like

The feature is in coming soon, my bad

I would love to see preset cram-sets.
Like easily mixed up grammar points. So one can drill them and get a sense on what the difference is.

Easy example N5 (ないで and なくて)

7 Likes

Ooh! That’s a great idea!

Having similar grammar points grouped together as presets one can recall at any moment. Even better if we could save our own presets. Imagine having all of the ところ grammar points as one preset, all the という as another, or having all the “Should/Must” grammars together, the こと/もの grammar together, or the “Only” grammars saved for instant recall when you want to drill them (with individual review settings saved as well, if possible). Just pull up the preset and off you go! No need to have to select each grammar point individually every time.

This needs to happen :pray:.

4 Likes

Maybe this has been asked before but consolidation of the grammar and vocab search into one page, as well as the ability to search for vocab with romaji (way faster than having to cycle through keyboard languages/IMEs every time), would be nice.

This is specifically for using the web version, since on the app this already exists.

1 Like

I have just seen the change on the decks page.

I’m not really a fan of the new style with the sections. The old style where all I had to do was scroll down and all decks were available was much preferred to me.

It used to be you’d see almost all decks at once, and being able to easily see the rest by a flick of the scroll wheel. Now they are sectioned off, and you have to click a new section and then wait a couple of seconds for the website to think then are shown some decks. I do not really understand the rationale for this. Why break something that was working fine. The decks page worked fine as a general glossary for all decks, but now its sectioned off by pages.

As a general compromise I would like to ask for an “All” page of the decks on the decks page. I don’t think this would upset anyone or take from anyone who enjoys the bad, sorry I meant to type new, feature of sectioning off decks.

Yours truly, a mildly irked pnut

2 Likes