Feedback - Suggested Improvements/Feature Request

Can we get a feature to mass select items for burn, archive, etc?

1 Like

Maybe it’s already available and I’m just not seeing it but could you make possible to bookmark sentences and not just whole grammar points? When I’m doing reviews I often come across sentences (not just the grammar point) that would be particularly helpful to use out in the wild. Certainly I could just write them down (which I do from time to time) but being able to then study/cram all your bookmarked sentences would be awesome (I think). Does this make sense? Anyone have any thoughts?

7 Likes

The goal is to learn the grammar point, not to memorize the sentence.

3 Likes

Yes I agree. That’s why I didn’t say that.

2 Likes

The area at the top of the page containing the grammar point (the “header”?) should remain visible, even when scrolling down. Currently, the header is so large that it wouldn’t leave much real estate to show anything else. However, I think you could get away with shrinking the header a little bit so that there would still be room for a couple example sentences to be visible underneath.

1 Like

Because of how closely related に関する/して and について(の) are I think this should prompt a hint instead of being out right wrong.

3 Likes

I have several suggestions for the Textbook section for readings, arranged in order of what I believe would be most useful first.

1. Always list resource alphabetically (Makes it a lot easier to find resources in a big list especially picking the right Genki (I vs II and edition 1 vs 2)
  2. Align resource in a table, in a similar way to the online resources, a column for the title and another for the page number.
  3. Allow us the ability to record which textbooks we own in our profile. Textbooks which the user do not own will still be shown but below and perhaps with less promimence.
  4. (optional) Perhaps remove [AIAJ] and [DBJG] as they are redundant and take up extra space, especially on mobile.

4 Likes

i don’t know if it’s written before but, please make the grammar search bar in a different colour or add a frame onto it. now i know it’s there but i can’t describe the happiness and joy when i first found it :grinning:

but if you want to keep it as a suprise, then it’s a different story…

1 Like

I’ve thought about this too, or at least allow for multiple answers if the Japanese sentence is ambiguous. If it is clear which verb should be used however then I should be marked wrong.

1 Like

I’m totally in favor of this! Wish the approach to resources was a lot more structured. Also could add that checkboxes for textbooks would be equally useful as they are for other resources. Not entirely sure why they’re treated differently in that respect.

2 Likes

Absolutely, at times I rely on the physical textbooks as much as the online resources so having checkboxes as well would be great!

I’d love for there to be a path for some dialects. I was thinking paths like “Kansai-ben Path”, or “Kyoto-ben Path”, (and more). I think it would be cool, but probably a lot of work.

6 Likes

Please include more audio! The auido files helped tremendously and if you can get that up and running for the rest of the lessons, I’ll be a member for life.

Also, the furigana Wanikani feature isn’t working for me. I am at level 23 on Wanikani, but every single kanji still has furigana above it. I’ve selected wanikani from the furigana settings and hit save multiple times. I have also re-entered and re-created a new Wanikani API key a few times as well. Can’t get it to work, please help. I’ve tried it on a Windows 10 laptop and a Galaxy S8+, both with chrome browsers. Hope those details help.

-Nate

5 Likes

Can we have a grammar point for というか?

1 Like

Is there a way to reset or delete all Self-Study SRSs?

Also I came back after using vacation mode for a while and I have 84 reviews that are all my Self-Study sentences. I don’t think they were affected at all by the vacation mode.

1 Like

Verbs and nouns are countable so this should be ‘number’
Sorry :sob:

Thanks for the new content!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Please add a setting to limit the number of Ghost reviews for the SAME grammar point to 1 per day (or per review session).

I have review sessions where I get the same grammar point up to 4 times which is just super boring, annoying and counterproductive!

When the limit is activated, the Ghost review with the lowest SRS should be shown first. The next day / review session the Ghost with the second lowest SRS will be shown and so on.

Normal reviews for the same grammar point will be paused until all ghosts reviews are completed.

7 Likes

@evadethebook

More audio is on the way!

Hmmm. We are unable to reproduce this on our end. We have had some users log out and then back in to get it to work. If that still does not fix the issue, please let us know. Cheers!

@lopicake We do not currently have a way to reset/delete all Self-Study reviews/SRSs. That is something that we can look into adding in the future. As far as Self-Study reviews not freezing during vacation mode, that is something that we need to fix. Cheers!

@matt_in_mito

Thank you for drawing this to our attention so that we could get it fixed. Did you notice that we also forgot a “used” after “ながらに・ながらの is…?” Oops.

@Anthropos888 Thank you for your suggestion on how to improve Ghost Review SRS. This is definitely something that we need to tweak in the future. Cheers!

7 Likes

this is probably elsewhere but ~~~ my suggestion is to break out each conjugation of each form into its own SRS item. this is a massive overhaul but it would be great

also change leveling to be like wanikani where leveling is based on progress not XP

1 Like

I have a UX suggestion for reviews.

When there’s placeholder text in the answer field, it goes away when you type. I often have to cut and paste my answer to see if what I typed is what the placeholder text is asking for.

hDe2kLNmwV

What I would suggest is to raise the placeholder text above the text field when entering in an answer, somewhat similar to what Google does its login field.

16 Likes