Feedback - Suggested Improvements/Feature Request

That’s actually something I thought of but never knew the answer - time it would take to get something from 1 to levels 7-10 or so. Might do this vs. just intentionally getting something wrong, especially if I get something right then realize after I actually didn’t really know it.

Thanks!

1 Like

Is this the best place to suggest new grammar notes? I just searched but I wasn’t certain. If so, one I could use is なして. It’s hard for me to notice that it’s a conjugation of 為す, which itself is one of those broad verbs with a ton of meanings. Jisho lists 為す as N2 so I’d guess that’s where なして would go as well, but that’s totally a wild guess!

2 Likes

I’m very new, so I’m sure that someone mentioned this before, but it would be nice if when you went on a path’s page and you see all of the points organized, you could see what the book/website describes the grammar point as. I spent a bit of time looking for past tense verbs in the Genki path only to see it was called “verbs [ta]”. I know it’s a very small gripe but just in case I thought I would mention it.

1 Like

Do you mean the book has a different definition for the grammar point compared to what’s said when you hover over the grammar point in the path page?

no, I mean the actual name of the points are different. So in this example Bunpro calls it “verb [ta]” and the textbook calls it “Past Tense of Verbs”. I couldn’t figure out which grammar point corresponded to the one I was reading about in the textbook. In hindsight I could’ve just clicked on each one to see more details or cross referenced the textbook, so it’s not really a big deal.

I think the grammar point Noun+でよければ should be generalized to uses of よければ in general. Also perhaps include a note about using (もし)よろしければ to make it more formal.

1 Like

I’m not sure how often this comes up, but it seems that if no reviews become available to do for more than 24 hours, it will break the streak, even if you “show up”. It would be nice if there was some way to still get credit for these days.

2 Likes

Someone’s mentioned this before, but you don’t have to just do a review to get a streak. I believe they said looking at a grammar lesson or reading extends it? Maybe even doing just 1 cram review? May or may not be correct, just a heads-up of something you can check out yourself until any change is made.

2 Likes

I think it’d be nice to be able to list all my studied grammar points from a certain streak level. Eg. What are all the points from Streak level 10?
That way, I can quickly look at points that I haven’t seen in a while and reset the ones that I want to review more.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure I posted this idea previously but I couldn’t find the post so going to do it again haha. Would absolutely love a slight revamp to the Cram feature - preferably having an option to study each grammar point in order (which shouldn’t be too hard to do?) Sometimes I find it’ll keep showing me the same grammar point (despite getting it right every time) and then never showing me others at all which can make trying to do a full NX session a little frustrating. And the other, probably a lot more annoying/difficult to implement lmao, would be to have an option to cram the points you got wrong during the day’s cram session, if that makes sense?

I’m trying to use cram more and more, it’s such an underrated feature for both sentences and grammar points alike!

1 Like

Unless I’m missing something, I don’t think there’s any point to have decimals on the review forecast?

I’m running into issues with ghosts. For whatever reason, my brain doesn’t like むしろ, and I’ve been getting basically every sentence using it incorrectly, and I only study once a day. The past few days, I’ve been getting all of the むしろ sentences in succession, and they all have the same hint. So, even if I get the first one wrong, I don’t really have to think about the subsequent ones. This might be working as intended but I just wanted to bring it up.

1 Like

This is unfortunately how the ghost reviews work - they don’t haunt you based on the grammar point, but based on the sentence you got wrong. The reason for this is that within various grammar points, there are different conjugations, etc. and unfortunately there will be certain grammar points (such as むしろ) which will always be exactly the same answer regardless of the sentence. I suppose at least if you get the first one wrong, you know that the grammar point will definitely be back to haunt you in one way or another.

Furthermore, you could set your ghosts to minimal, meaning you won’t see it as much.

Small but crucial - why is there no bookmark feature during reviews? It makes the bookmark feature practically useless, as during reviews are the times you really realize what you need to study. Keeping a separate window open and fishing for the grammar point is an option, of course, but not nearly as nice as “hmmmm, I keep getting this wrong … let me click on the bookmark tab so I remember to study this more.”

2 Likes

When you get something wrong in review at the bottom right you’ll see the bookmark tab. Are you talking about something different? I never really use the bookmark feature so I might not know what you’re talking about. Usually if something troubles me I’ll middle click on the link at the bottom middle and use that as a reminder later so I don’t need to remember to check/uncheck bookmarks

The structure legend for this grammar point should be:

Phrase1。その結果+Phrase2

1 Like

Are there any instances where その結果 wouldn’t be at the start of a new sentence? I’m going to assume no but I’m a little curious now after you brought this up.

1 Like
  • There’s nothing more tedious than answering the same questions over and over and over again. Also, there are too many reviews every day. Easy way to fix this is like Anki – let us click “Easy / Medium / Hard” to control the SRS.

• Give an option to hear the audio for Cram and review sessions.

• I want to study ALL of N4, but there’s no easy way to add all the N4 grammar points to my study set.

1 Like

You want to add every grammar point without studying or even looking at them first? Even if the SRS was like Anki you’d be having an insane amount of reviews every day.

Each grammar point has different nuances so eventually you’ll see the same grammar point shown in different ways once it stops becoming a ghost (someone can correct me if I’m wrong here!)

1 Like

There actually does appear to a large number of sentences where it’s only separated by a 、instead of a 。on Jisho.

1 Like