(Final Batch!) N2 Grammar Explanations - 10/02/2023

Hi All! :sunglasses:

お疲れ様です! Today I would like to announce the completion of the N2 grammar explanations. Everything should now be available, in the correct order, and ready to study at your own pace! :wink:

celebration-dance-gif

:star2: The N2 Grammar Reorder! :star2:

A quick follow up on the new order of N2 for anyone that has not seen any of the previous release posts. We hope that this order will make following along with the lessons and learning new grammar points easier than ever! :muscle:

Lesson 1 – Possibilities and Intentions

得る、~得ない、ざるを得ない、つもりで、どうせ、せめて、どうやら、より他ない、確かに、一応 ①、一応 ②、に相違ない、万が一、ようがない、に他ならない、っこない、それなら、ものなら、~を~に任せる、活かす、まい

Lesson 2 – Directions and Markers of Following

上、上に、以上、以上に、途中に、中を、を中心に、その上、上は、の下で、後(の)Noun、手前、を巡って、に渡って、に沿って、た末、に従って、に伴って、につき、につけ、にかかわる、に向かって、が気になる、に気を付ける

Lesson 3 – Limitations and Restrictions

も構わず、兼ねる、兼ねない、を除いて、に関わらず、にも関わらず、に限って、に限らず、なお ①、なお ②、限り、次第だ、~てこそ、を問わず、よりしかたがない、に越したことはない、要するに、てからでないと、なくはない、ないことには~ない、ないではいられない、ねばならない、たまえ

Lesson 4 – When or During

~のうち、つつ、つつも、際に、に際して、際に~ない、にあたり、を契機に、つつある、~ところに、か~かのうちに、がけに、ていては、ところだった、ところではない、ぶりに、ては、ては~ては、も又

Lesson 5 – It All Starts or Ends With

結果、て以来、に先立ち、果たして、甲斐がある、軈て、したがって、いよいよ、挙句、きっかけ、にかけては、とっくに、未だに、をもとに、からには、いつの間にか、一旦、はもとより、そうにない

Lesson 6 – For and Against, Through and Without

に反して、逆に、反面、抜く、抜きで、ずに済む、に応じて、を通じて、に応えて、それとも、にしたら、にしても~にしても、としては、としても、それにしても、ぬ、ことなく、にて、には

Lesson 7 – Thoughts and Expressions

思うように、かと思ったら、と言うものでもない、と考えられる、と言う点から考えると、ということは、ふうに、という風に、ものの、というものだ、から見ると、ところをみると、からすると、からして、からといって、そういえば、お~願う、とか、~ようではないか、かのようだ、のではないだろうか

Lesson 8 – It Is The Way It Is

て当然だ、のも当然だ、たった、恐れがある、恐らく、ものか、お負けに、に決まっている、ことになっている、気、げ、ことだから、ものだから、ものですから、ものがある、傾向がある、てしょうがない、だけましだ、幸いなことに、ようでは、さすが、ことは~が

Lesson 9 – Extents and Intervals

更に、精々、僅かに、及び、たちまち、いきなり、といった、を込めて、に加えて、何から何まで、は別として、だけに、だけは、だけあって、何より、何といっても、か何か、てならない、のみならず、それなのに、いわゆる、にすぎない、も~ば~も

Lesson 10 – Whether or Regardless

でしかない、てたまらない、にせよ、何しろ、にしろ~にしろ、はともかく、やら~やら、しかしながら、ことにはならない、だけのことはある、てはならない、てはいられない、しかも、てでも、とも、ない訳にはいかない、と言うわけではない、のももっともだ、たって

:crystal_ball: What Does the Future Hold :crystal_ball:

As mentioned in our previous post, we have a lot of work coming up over the next few months. This includes things like~

• Polishing existing content. :sparkles:

• Adding in/completing all audio. :studio_microphone:

• Working out the kinks with vocabulary. :ab:

• Several new projects that will extend forward into the future. :shopping:

In addition to this, we are planning on moving ahead with the N1 explanations, with the goal of having them completed before the year-end JLPT.

Due to the bit-by-bit approach that we did with N2 being fairly well received, we have decided to go ahead with the same release schedule for N1. This means that for those who will be following the N1 grammar path with the year-end examination in mind, this should allow plenty of time to study along the N1 grammar path as part of your regular study routine! :partying_face:

:champagne: Thanks everyone! :champagne:

Thanks for all of the support everyone! I have been lucky enough to be a part of the Bunpro team for pretty close to exactly two years now, and the more I see the company grow, the more I become convinced that our community is one of the driving forces behind the desire everyone on the team has to create the most valuable learning tool possible.

From all of us on the team, we appreciate each and every one of you, and hope that we continue to have the privilege of sharing your language learning journey with you long into the future.

Hope you all have the best weekend ever! :sunrise_over_mountains:

66 Likes

Quite an achievement, and one we will relish in and make great use of for a long time. The work you guys put in is part of our everyday lives for some of us, so thanks again.

First again? Okay.

6 Likes

Nice work. I knew you’d do them before I got that far, lol.

4 Likes

Very nice! Thanks for all your efforts.

You are keeping a good pace so the grammar explanations are ready well in advance of me reaching these higher levels :smile:

4 Likes

Thanks! Please do more with decks!!!

2 Likes

Awesome! Going through N2 right now and the explanations are great.

To go on a tangent, I think it was said in another thread that it was being considered to give the options to use the Cram Reading mode for reviews. Has there been any progress on that? The reason I ask is that in my experience with N2 so far pretty much everything is a synonym of something from earlier. There’s differences in nuance but it’s hard to tell from the sentences themselves. The hints make it possible, but as such I feel like I’m putting extra effort towards memorizing hints rather than towards internalizing grammar. The reading mode option lets the focus remain on understanding the grammar itself. There’s some loss in terms of not memorizing the nuance, but I think that I’m not really internalizing it all that well through the hints either right now so I’d like to leave it to learn slowly through more in depth immersion later and not waste energy on it at the moment.

3 Likes

Pretty much this whole section was golden! I really appreciate how you guys have been keeping us all abreast of all the steady progress and all the forecasts of your various plans coming up. It really feels great, as a very satisfied customer. And it also helps me appreciate how much hard work you guys are putting into the BunPro tool/app, as well as the community and website as a whole.

I continue to be impressed with the BunPro Team’s continuous improvements, innovations, and the great support and communication with us folks, your humble customers! :sweat_smile: Thank you so much!

お疲れ様でした!

(I hope the past-tense is correct here (?), as I’m intending to thank for the ‘good work’ that has already been completed thus far. Right? :thinking: )

1 Like

Love it!

This is perfect since I’m currently studying N2 grammar and will begin N1 around mid year, which will hopefully be partially ready by then.

Keep up the great work. You guys rock!!

2 Likes

Super late reply, but I felt it required one!

Actually, I used to also always mix up the difference between です and でした when it came to thanking someone. Basically the best method is based on your personal feelings thankfully. If you want to convey ‘up until now’ でした is the best. However, if you anticipate thanking someone again in the very near future, です is better. The same applies for お疲れ様.

Luckily, neither are ever technically wrong, but one can certainly sound more natural at times.

7 Likes

Is there any timeline for when the first N1 batch of revised explanations will be available? Just trying to plan out my studying for the next couple of months.

3 Likes

We have already started working on them, so will probably release the first batch of 50 within the next fortnight, and (hopefully) 50 more each fortnight after that until completion.

5 Likes

Can’t remember the last time I got so bamboozled by an English word. :no_mouth:

1 Like
Sorry for being off-topic, but

2 Likes

A word I used? I do tend to use Australian slang without realizing it :sweat_smile:.

I think Americans don’t say “fortnight” or “fortnightly” (which leads to the confusing “biweekly”).

Also looking forward to the new explanations!

2 Likes

Wow, I had no idea that Americans didn’t use fortnight :flushed:

1 Like

Europeans, except some old British guys, 700+ years old, don’t use it either.

1 Like

I am English and in my twenties and it is a normal word for me. Anecdotally, some Europeans know it and some don’t, normally correlated with whether they studied for the Cambridge C2 English exam or lived in the UK. I wouldn’t expect L2s to know it in general though. I want to ask if you are also British but this is already massively off-topic lol

1 Like

The only real alternative I can think of is saying ‘in a couple of weeks’, as we don’t usually use ‘biweekly’ outside of a business context in Australia.

1 Like

I resemble that remark. — Dave

2 Likes