にしたら - Grammar Discussion

from the point of view of

Structure

• Noun + にしたら

View on Bunpro

I wonder why にしてみれば and にしてみたら would not be an appropriate replacement for にしたら. Don’t all of them mean: “Looking at it from …'s point of view/ looking at it through this person’s eyes”?

I’m asking this, because I just did some grammar exercises and it didn’t provide me a hint that my answer could be correct and that this questions is asking for another grammar point that means the same thing. No, it said my answer was simply incorrect, but I wonder why for the reasons I listed above.

1 Like

@Bruinvis

Hey :blush:

You are absolutely right, they work well instead of にしたら and should be accepted.
I basically forgot to add those as the correct answers here. Fixing it right now!

Thank you for the feedback!
Cheers,

2 Likes

The info page shows “[にしたら is only used with nouns identifying people or organizations”.
However, there is the example “通訳つうやくにしたら、あの東北とうほくなまりはかなり厄介やっかいだとおもいます。” .
通訳 isn’t a person or organization. So how does this fit together?

通訳 can refer to interpreters too, not just to interpretation.

Ah so that’s the meaning here

What’s the main difference between this and から見ると?

Hey @DarkConfidant !

We apologize for the late reply.

The main difference between からみると and にしたら is that からみると is used for nouns that identify as people, organizations, and inanimate objects. However, にしたら can only be used with nouns that identify as people or organization, so にしたら can only replace からみると only when it is talking about people/organizations.

We hope that answers your question!

1 Like

Thanks!

Does anybody know why にすると can’t be used?
Since したら and すれば can be used I just assumed it would work as well…