Have you done your BunPro Review today?

I-I knew that. :eyes: Just er… checking if you were paying attention? :wink:

3 Likes

Late, but I did all my reviews and my daily 3 lessons.

ものか was my favorite of the three. Honestly I like all the もの related grammar points. But I don’t think I’ll ever use them anytime soon. But maybe one day. Haha

(Unrelated to BP: I also finished my first book in Japanese today! :slight_smile: )

5 Likes

My internet was down but I did all my reviews and 3 lessons.

This was my first try

I guess my second try was something like this: きたなくないほうがいい instead of きたなならない方がいい。

I didn’t know how to transform する to しすぎる。

I hope my internet would be just fine, or any complete outage won’t happen to me for a week. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I felt like I utterly bungled my reviews, but overall it ended around the 85% accuracy, so it could be going a lot worse.

I’ve been meaning to put in a nice cram session, but my wife has been staying home quite sick. My learning routine is a bit thrown off as I try to help her, and keep the house running on my own.

But managed to do reviews and four lessons, and I’ll hopefully have the opportunity to keep up with my reviews over the course of the day.

Happy studying, everyone!

3 Likes

Completed my Reviews of the day but was not my best. Got most of the new ones wrong. So no new Grammar for me today, but reviewing the old ones again from the last couple of days to hopefully to better throughout the day and tomorrow.

2 Likes

I’m proud of you. But I guess I don’t need to say this since you probably already knew that I’ve always been proud of you. Insert shy cat here, I can’t really post that since this sub forum is set to public, unlike WK campfire that was set to private.

I guess that’s still better than leaving BunPro for three to four months and come back with more than 60 reviews just like I did :man_shrugging: Though it could be worst if we do that in WK we’d likely get about 700 to thousands to review maybe. :sweat_smile: I once felt I wanted to reset my BunPro account though when I got back, but no, I just faced my reviews no matter low percentage and many ghosts I had got.

4 Likes

Awww, thank you! :purple_heart: That’s so kind of you so say!

I always see you put in a lot of hard work on WK and your level 12 here shows you work hard here, as well, and I’m also very proud of you! Especially if you share an inspiring anecdote like

The strength of your determination shows in your progress. :muscle:

3 Likes

Yup, thanks for the motivation :sunny: Grammar’s never been my strong point also when I learned English many years ago haha

Well, been up to 500 once but stuck through it to get them back to zero day by day :raised_hands:

3 Likes

I’ve been good at getting my Anki reviews done, so now it’s time to focus on getting my Bunpro done.

I got 9 days total in November. (bad Skullclutter!) Trying to do better in December.

Got my reviews in today!

I’ve been adding grammar points to my reviews as I come across them in Genki 2, so nothing new for me until I finish the chapter I’m on.

4 Likes
  • I hit 0 review again today.
  • And I learned my 3 lessons about けれども、たり〜たりする、and つもりだ.
  • I had also finished watching Misa Sensei explaining たり〜たりする and really understood about it, not just hearing her while being not sure whether I had slept or not, or while commuting busy with crowds of people around me.
  • “A Dictionary of Basic Japanese Grammar p.458” I copy pasted this from my note for grammar point たり〜たりする. Yep, I had finished reading it on my favourite Japanese Grammar book.
  • What life could be more complete than having Misa Sensei explaining about たり〜たりする clearly and A Dictionary of Basic Japanese Grammar Book?

Oh, and about that red の中で〜が一番〜, I like getting that red. I used to dislike BunPro when I could guess the answer because I had memorised that sentence unconsciously. I got that red because of new sentence or probably another sentence in the example that I skipped because I felt I understood the grammar point. No screenshot for my mistake, unfortunately. So I don’t really remember now what I filled in to the form when I was asked about this grammar point.

3 Likes

Got my reviews done. Did my 3 new lessons. I have yet another way to express “I have no choice but to” with よりほかない. Once I finish learning all of them I’m really gonna start focusing on the nuance between them all. For right now I just want to be familiar with all the grammar points.

I also took a N2 practice test today to see how I would have done last week if I had took the real one. It’s by no means under the same testing conditions so it’s not a 1-1 comparison though. But I scored 34/75 on the combined 言語知識 and 読解 so I definitely would have failed if I had taken it for real. Though I already knew that, haha. I’m gonna try the listening part soon.

I got a long way to go but I think I have a fair chance of passing next summer. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I always like Misa’s videos. ^-^ A very clear and calm teaching style.

@lopicake Nuances can be so tricky. But you look well underway to passing the N2. Good luck!

I did my reviews, and I spent some time with the cram function, but so far no new lessons. I’m not very focussed, though I’m hoping to add at least one some time today. Even if I don’t, I’m okay with that as long as I don’t ignore the reviews.

Hope everyone is heading for a nice and relaxing weekend~

3 Likes

Just completed my daily Bunpro. Was a bit better than yesterday. 36 Review items tho since I didn’t get to it this morning. With 75% right it’s moving upward.

@Pushindawood I personally feel like there need to be a way to better remember grammar than just plain memorization or? At least I have a tough time with some of the grammar points to keep remembering them. With some some points I actually try to create a wordplay to remember. How do you do it @Omun, @nanda, @lopicake ? Or am I the only one who does just pick them right up and remembers them.

Here my wordplays for example:

• がある - Food that has がある-lic in it.
  • ている - She is ている-ing up because the movie is so sad.

I not the smartest ones but that way I actually finally started to remember these points haha Just a question now if I can actually use them in real life that way. But I think with the first step I gotta memorize them, just like vocab, and then with practice comes the natural way of using them.

6 Likes

Just finished my reviews. Glad I’m getting back into the habit - I defInitely notice things getting harder when I’ve been slacking. Last few days were tough, but today was more reasonable.

@Andulien I do this sometimes too. I make up mnemonics for tricky grammar or vocab.

Example: 作る- you go to school (つくる)to learn how “to make” things

4 Likes

@Andulien Here’s how I do it: I can only feel safe until I construct my Japanese sentence with the correct grammar by myself. How can I be sure my sentence is correct? By saying it to Japanese (or to non Japanese senpai) and get corrected if I’m wrong.

Your second wordplay may work very well for me, but your first wordplay example may not, especially because I don’t always use English to help me remember that construction. I use any language I know that has more similarities (or even simpler components to construct) to the language I learn, or Japanese grammar, in this context, for now. It could be changed in future :man_shrugging: when I meet more complicated grammar maybe Idk. In short, you’re not the only who do that, I sometimes do that too, but not only in English. I think I do it more often wholly in Japanese instead.

I’m sharing just one example, I don’t want to complicate things because it’s another language, it’s Indonesian. Honestly this sentence could go more complicated especially if I also discuss about why I use conjugation colloquially, because formally I don’t, but not always. D’oh! The beauty of learning language. Exception! Indonesian suffix, prefix, conjugation is an advanced topic for non native Indonesian speaker. I know this from Indonesian Grammar book written in Japanese shown by a Japanese on YouTube. Anyway.

Album yang ada fotonya.
Lit. Album that has photos in it.

My construction is backward compared to Japanese. Why I rather use this? Because “yang ada” is exactly the same as がある and even simpler, cos we don’t distinguish whether the album is a living thing or not. And for me “with” (in “An album with pictures.”) is not intuitive because I often perceive “with” as “avec” in French (but without having to think about masculine or feminine with the noun), or “dengan” in Indonesian, or “with” in English, sorry Idk how to say “with” in other English vocabs. I guess my weakness becomes my strength in this context. I often have troubles with English prepositions. :man_shrugging:

• I hit 0 review again today.
  • I learned my lessons. I don’t really remember whether it’s 3 or 6 lessons. All I know is I’ve got three more grammar points to squash before I learn N4 grammar points.
  • This is what I have in mind everyday, “I will not learn my lessons today.” Only I did the reverse so far :pensive: I would really just do BunPro review someday, maybe when I . . . insert things I don’t feel like describing 'em here.
  • I never think WaniKani/BunPro is a race but I think uplevel is always fun ^^ キャーー

I’ll share one of my reds ^^

I know, right? LOL I can’t tell whether I didn’t know how to change that or I forgot how to change that.

3 Likes

I’ll be trying your wordplay idea for things that really don’t stick well. Thanks for the tip @Andulien .

I don’t have much of a method yet, but sometimes the blunt force method works well for me. I’ve been using the reading of native material in an attempt to cement things.

While I haven’t done it enough in the past week or two, I’ve been playing through the JP version of one of the Ace Attorney games. I’ve played all those games, so I know what’s going on already, and that way it’s fine if there are dialogue boxes that I don’t understand at all.

Otherwise, I look up grammar constructs that I encounter repeatedly, rather than look up everything I don’t understand. I read al the game text out loud, then translate/paraphrase what was said. Every 10-20 minutes, I switch to the English version of the game and quickly read through everything that happened, to fill in some blanks/verify that I understand/realize what constructs I got wrong or misunderstood the nuance of.

Slooooow going for me, but it’s also fun and motivating. It’s very cool to be playing a JP-only game and understand what was was said, even if it’s one sentence out of 10 at times. Seeing the fruits of my language labour feels very good.

/////-/////

Took care of my sick wife for four or five days straight while being fine, and I get sick now that she got better?! Ugh. D:<

I did get my reviews done, and added three new lessons. I doubt my muddled head will retain much right now, but I’ll just try my hardest and hope not too much ends up as ghosts.

Keep up the good work, everyone!

3 Likes

This was the screen I’ve got after I hit 0 review. See something weird? Yep. That Reviews: 1, right? So, anyway, I clicked it, so that I’d hit 0 review.

But then I was redirected to my profile instead. :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Luckily not nearly as sick today as I feared I would be! does a sickly dance to celebrate

Got my reviews down to zero, and added two lessons. That will likely be where I leave it for today. I never get as much new learning done over the weekends, but I’m okay with that as long as I continue to keep up with reviews every day.

Took me 2-3 weeks to incorporate BunPro as a daily thing, but I’m very happy that I’m doing it. :purple_heart:

6 Likes

For the first time in a while I didn’t do any lessons this entire weekend. Only did reviews. Still getting the same few wrong because they’re synonyms with other grammar points and they keep getting scrambled in my head. But practice makes perfect…

I hope we get a Leech feature soon. Not just the Ghost reviews, even though they are helpful.

4 Likes
  • Yeah!! 0 review again.
  • I learned the last 3 lessons of N5 about にする、のが下手、V+まで.
  • I’ve read the explanation from A Dictionary of Basic Japanese Grammar p.310 about にする. It’s very clear!

• Leveled up from level 13 to 14.
  • Killed 50+ Ghosts so I became an Exorcist 2. >>>>:D
  • 9k XP. Hark!!! Is that fire on my gravatar? >>>>:D

Actually I’ve just added three lessons from N4 as you can see from my profile screenshot but I’m not telling anyone here :eyes: Here’s what I have in mind: I won’t study my lessons tomorrow! I need to squash my leeches on anki!

4 Likes