Have you done your BunPro Review today?

Constant dread.

Still plugging along! My goal is to not accidentally lose my streak during summer vacation without my usual work routine to keep me on track.

4 Likes

What is the grammar point in N3 you had the most problems with?

Maybe using the Cram feature could help give you extra practice on days when you don’t have many reviews?

2 Likes

The problem is there are several points which are described in similar fashion and asked in the same way. [emphasis] is either こそ or さえ.

Others used in such way that I wouldn’t guess it before reading correct answer even if I was shown grammar point 5 minutes beforehand.

~がたい is the main cause of pain in my bottom part here. It’s supposed to be hard/difficult. Yet it’s used in “Enduring the unendurable and suffering the insufferable, reach to the heavens!” or " I wouldn’t exchange anything in the world for what was said (to me)." You need to do some extreme jumps in interpretations to land from never/impossible to hard/difficult. (Or at least I’m baka enough to not see the connection immediately)

1 Like

That might actually help; thanks for the idea.
I’ll try that. I will add more reading to my daily routine as well to get more practice.

2 Likes

So, we need to start somewhere :smiley:
I started immersing myself but found out I suck at grammar … So this is the Pinnacle :smiley: Time to go back to the beginning, and using the built-in SRS to master the grammar points :smiley: I’m currently at Minna no Nihongo 2 lesson 35 (haven’t done a single lesson in like 6 months, because I was busy at work + immersion) but I’m going to slowly add them, hopefully daily, to avoid too many reviews :wink:

6 Likes

Hell yeah let’s go!

4 Likes

Been about two weeks since your post, how are you enjoying the journey so far? Anything tripping you up or confusing you? Hope it’s been going well!

3 Likes

Hi,
First of all, ty for taking care of newbies like me :D.
For now, everything is perfect. I’m going to subscribe for sure.

I’m on a study streak (for now). It seems way more efficient than study books, because i usually forget what i’m not using often. For example あげる くれる もらう is still a pain, but with bunpro community I got some insights and found topics explaining them in depth :wink:

Bonus 1 : by reading the forum in english, i’m learning two languages at the same time. It’s a win-win situation
Bonus 2 : my typing speed using the kana swiping keyboard increased a lot

5 Likes

Yeah study books can be pretty tricky especially when they’re used outside of a classroom learning environment, at least for me. The language is so complex that 10 people could learn it 10 completely different ways, really just all about finding whatever works best for you!

Those 3 examples you listed are tricky, along with a lot of the N5/N4 content imo because it’s almost brute memorization at a certain point and just hammering it until you finally memorize everything. I think you’ll be amazed how fast your reading will improve just by staying consistent with Bunpro for a couple weeks. Glad everything has worked out though so far!

5 Likes

Bunpro was trolling me a little today :smiley:

First I’m not formal enough, then too formal :smiley:

Solution

じゃあ, a more casual version of では (N3): では・それでは・じゃあ | Japanese Grammar SRS

But other than that it was a great session, reinforced a lot of important grammar points like x (なら)ば x ほど (early N3) that i had gotten wrong.

8 Likes

Did my reviews today and every day for the last two weeks :sparkles:

I learned 誰か・どこか・誰も・どこも | Japanese Grammar SRS today. First time being presented with such a wall of text in the explanations, phew.

4 Likes

Discovered Bunpro last week, so that’s 7 days in a row :smiley: didn’t knew grammar study could be fun <3
I did minna no nihongo 1 and half of the 2nd book a few years ago, started again from scratch a month ago.

First goal : N5 mid september
2nd goal : N4 in december
3nd goal : N3 in july+ (for the jlpt in december 2022)
And for the rest, let’s see how I progress first

7 Likes

I usually chip away at my Bunpro reviews very slowly, leaving the count at nearly always 200+

I’m finally starting to maintain some semblance of consistency and am steadily getting my review count down to 0 every day. Hopefully I can keep this up until the ‘next day’ review counter chills out a bit. N3/N2 in July next year is looking quite feasible thanks to Bunpro!

3 Likes

Nice, keep it up!
You should be fine, i’ve calculated that i need to do 2-3 lessons per day to finish N2 until December 5 for my N2 JLPT.
I get around 20-30 reviews daily since i got my review pile to 0 (with ghost reviews set to minimal).

2 Likes

2 weeks since I started :smiley:
Screen Shot 2021-08-23 at 12.28.30

I’m not really consistent yet (sometimes I just do a few reviews without clearing them all), but it’s slowly becoming a daily habit :wink:
Minna no Nihongo 1 path done, and N5 almost done to fill the gaps (that was easy after 1000+ vocabulary cards on Anki, already knew almost everything). I’m going to slow down until the number of daily reviews decreases and add cards to converge to 20-25 reviews/day.

2 Likes

I was starting to get nervous I’d lose it somehow:
Screenshot (11)
Feel like it needs a badge.

7 Likes

I’ll be there in a couple of months :heart:

1 Like

i’ve always lost my streak because the server time is not my timezone.
But a trick is checking whether there’s a new day with 0 reviews in your dashboard under review activity ^^
i learned to live without a streak, but maybe i can now build it again for fun.