Have you done your BunPro Review today?

Good afternoon!

• I’ve hit 0 reviews both on WK and BP today.
  • I didn’t successfully add 3 lessons. Only 1 lesson, and I read too much about こと and の from all links available on BP, and also from Tofugu article about kotokara.
  • I didn’t have the screenshot. Gotta run. We’ll have our dinner.

Edit:

• I levelled up from level 16 to level 17 ^^
  • Oh yes! The dinner was good! 美味しかった。
5 Likes

Oh, you suffer so. :wink:

For the very casual stuff, I tend to watch Megwin TV. I’ve said it in the past: I know too little Japanese to judge whether they are annoying/rude/vapid on their JP-only channel, but the witlessness works for me when I just want to listen. XD There also seems to have been some uproar on their channel the past week, but I’m not sure what’s going on.

As for anime, I’ve been really enjoying 斉木楠雄のΨ難 on Netflix.

Eet smakelijk! :purple_heart:

///-///

I haven’t actually done any BP stuff yet today. D: flees in shame

4 Likes

I’m on top of the world.

After a travel day and before then a slump as I was sick, it feels good to be home and back in routine. WK reviews done, plus added 10 vocab and 5 kanji. I’m working through my KW review pile and added 10 lessons. (I’m noticing no problems with not hitting review times perfectly, so saw no reason to make a huge pile that would come back and back all the time.)

And Bunpro reviews, plus a new lesson を, and my daily sentence.

Plus I set up my tablet for reading practice that I will commence soon. I just need a bit more Bunpro grammar under my belt first!

3 Likes

Bunpro: 0 Reviews
WK: 0 Reviews
And I started finally adding new vocab on WK. 20/198 added, so still a bit to go.
Didn’t add any new lessons in BP today, as it’s been pretty busy and I haven’t had the time to properly study new lessons. However I did watch some Misa Videos to review some grammar points.

What are you planning to read?

2 Likes

Did my Bunpro, Anki, and KKLC today.

Still struggling with not paying attention to how the grammar point fits in with the sentence, and forgetting particles, etc. as a result. I really have to force myself to slow down.

2 Likes

I’ve set up a few things in prep. I’ll probably start with graded readers from White Rabbit Press. They have a couple of them (4 if I remember right) as ebooks in their app called “Japanese Graded Readers” where you only need N5 grammar for the first one. I also set up PIBO as three stories are free per day (might actually start trying to read these first). And then I also saved down a link to NHK easy, although a peek at two articles showed me they are much more than +1 at the moment. I also have physical manga books on the way to me. Yotsubato and Nyannyan… (both read in book clubs on WK).

5 Likes

Still keeping up with my reviews! After treading water for a few days to deal with ghosts, I also added new lessons again. Glad to be making progress.

I also submitted an error report on one the example sentences while it wasn’t wrong at all because I wasn’t paying proper attention. T^T ded from embarrassment

5 Likes

Good evening!

• Wow my time is almost up! At last I zeroed my reviews both on WK & BP today.
  • I didn’t add lessons again. People are currently sick in my house. I don’t want to say this to excuse myself not learning some Japanese grammars though. I read some particles I got from Tofugu. And 4500 Japanese sentences.
  • No screenshot again. Headache! Headache!

Actually there is. So many ghosts came back.

3 Likes

Wrote out my reviews out by hand to force myself to slow down and pay attention. Looks like it worked! 80% correct today. Gonna keep it up to bust some ghosts while I work on the reading section for chapter 19.

5 Likes

Well despite it being 11:21 pm here already. I just got the review of today done.
It wasn’t my best run but better to practice and make mistakes then not practicing at all. Apparently I need to read more careful what tense is asked for.

Did my WK reviews as well.
Leveled up to Lvl 14 and got a new Badge: Over 9000 - oh the reference to my youth anime haha

@nanda: How do you like the 4500 Japanese sentences? Is it worth it when you are still working towards N5 or to difficult regarding vocab and such?

Oh and not to forget, made cookies today, so Christmas - I’m ready :smiley:

3 Likes

Bunpro reviews plus new lesson on する. WK reviews and 10 new vocab and 5 new kanji (my level up time will be soo long if I keep to this schedule, haha). Also finally vanquished KW review pile, and added 10 new lessons, will try to keep up now, but still hasn’t hurt (I don’t get vocab on KW until they are master on WK).

4 Likes

I love it! My pace is slow. But I think it’s one of my best investments. Especially since I’d been waiting for the sales since February ’18. I had just tried thoroughly translating three sentences from there last night. I planned to translate them back to Japanese later.

From what I count, 500 divided by 30 days as an average days of the month is about 17. So I should’ve done translating about 17 sentences a day if I want to get them done in a month, and then move on to the next 500, until all 4500 sentences.

It’s all based on quantity over quality. I’m really grateful I had watched Koichi sensei talked about that story, quantity over quality, on YouTube. Mami sensei repeated that story again there as an emphasis. I’m grateful I had been practising Japanese with her in that sub on WK forum for this long now though I know many of my sentences were still broken Japanese but she’s so patient reviewing each error I had. I didn’t even always participate answering her in that sub, because it’s still hard for me.

It’s for an intermediate level. The second sentence is about “koto” which is N4 in BunPro if we follow BP path.

Maybe the best way to take advantage of it is print it, then just scramble the translation quickly. I use Apple Numbers instead. It doesn’t provide furigana. So, for example, right now, I even don’t know yet one kanji on the 6th sentence.

5 Likes

I did my reviews yesterday but missed posting in this thread.

Today I did my reviews, and got the Fuji-san badge! Yay! I love Mt.Fuji.

fujisanbadge

Over on WK, I levelled up to Level 9! And didn’t really get stuck into my big pile of vocab lessons I need to finish before starting the lvl9 content. My level up time for the last 3 levels has been almost identical though, which is good as I’m being consistent. Did some kanji handwriting practice up to level 5 and my daily sentence. I found out that 語 is a really fun kanji to write.

5 Likes

Good afternoon!

• I hit 0 reviews both on WK & BP!
  • I added 3 lessons on BP about どんどん、まず、こと.
  • Actually I read references about the previous 3 lessons I had from BP on A Dictionary of Basic Japanese Grammar. If I still remember it correctly, I didn’t include the page. :thinking: I’ll edit my previous posts that should’ve included them, if I still remember which one.
  • na-toki is only for na-adj. Not for i-adj.
  • Hark! I forgot to take the screenshot! I thought I did! D:<<<
  • Actually… I’m grateful no blackout today like yesterday. :pensive:
5 Likes

All reviews done on WK, KW, and Bunpro. 10 new vocab and 5 kanji on WK. No new lessons otherwise. Short and sweet today, and no sentence.

3 Likes

Good evening everybody

• Done all Reviews on BP & WK
  • Added three new lessons - した、の中で一番、けど
  • Read up on the first one the explanation of @mrnoone was spot on here.
  • Got some older grammar in my reviews now that I apparently forgot about again, like のは. So it’s gonna be interesting how well the others are sticking when the timespan is longer on the reviews.
  • All in all a good day on my studies, but I still need to add new vocab to get them down to 0…
5 Likes

Good morning!

• I hit 0 reviews again both on WK & BP.
  • I added 6 lessons about てみる、にくい、てほしい、たら、てくれる、までに but I haven’t read/watched all their references yet.
  • Oh! Study Streak 19!
  • I took some screenshots where I forgot and/or got wrong.

I’m still new with this one. I could be wrong at my first try, but could be right after that.

This one, I forgot, the “nikui” part.

I don’t think I’ll add lessons for two or three days and I’ll watch Misa sensei about grammar points I’ve learned.

Edit: Howa! I just got Study Streak 20 Badge!

3 Likes

Did my BP reviews throughout the day. Tried a brief cram session and there was stuff I hadn’t seen in quite a while… On WK, stormed through the remaining level 8 vocab so I could storm through the level 9 radicals… not sure whether doing so many lessons in one go will pay off… I’m banking on the “will get them wrong a few times in reviews until the stick” tactic for these lot… I only got 5/20 radicals incorrect in the first review though. More so with the vocab >_<

4 Likes

Good morning!

• I hit 0 review again both on WK & BP.
  • I didn’t add lessons.
  • I levelled up from level 17 to level 18.
  • I watched some parts of Misa Sensei about IF/WHEN (to VS tara VS toki) Differences | Part 1 to. So many new vocabs while I took notes. So I stopped at 19:18.
  • Some errors I made. I’ll read my book again about kureru.

Yesterday I did my reviews everywhere, but only added lessons on Bunpro. Three of them: がいる, i-adjective, and で. But the only reason I could do three lessons is because I decided to not practice writing by writing out the sentences with known kanji. I’ll need to schedule a writing session where I do that.

I also got the 20-day streak badge.

3 Likes