Have you written your Japanese Sentence today?

Not sure if I did the second half correctly to express what I wanted to say. But this covers some N5 grammar I’m still not the best at.

おおいプレゼント買ってもいいですか、手作てづくりをしたほうがいい?

Translation

Is it ok to buy many presents, or is handmade better?

3 Likes

I thought of one earlier, but turned out to be false, but I’m too tired now to come up with another sentence that’s not really short…

毎週金曜日プブで昼ごはんを食べるけど今日行きませんでした

Summary

Every Friday we eat lunch at the pub, but today we didn’t go.

5 Likes

一昨日おとといけんけつしたりレモンをったりした。

英語

I donor and bought lemons a day before yesterday.

4 Likes

Question: If you used 食べる before, shouldn’t you use 行かなかった?

Or you basically mean 食べる here to refer to present tense instead of being casual? So in this case both 行かなかった (casual) and 行きませんでした (formal/polite) are correct?

2 Likes

Good question… I’d actually edited my post just after I wrote it to switch from 食べて to 食べる so I’m not really sure what is correct, as with the ~て form didn’t have to worry about casual/polite >_<

3 Likes

Today’s sentence:

今夜こんや小学生しょうがくせいけマンガの第一章だいいっしょうんだ。面白おもしろくて、たくさんわらった。:joy:

Summary

Tonight I read the first chapter of a manga aimed at elementary school students. It was funny and I laughed a lot.

6 Likes

I’m just a beginner myself, and your sentence made me wonder about a few things. Chances are that I am wrong, though :slight_smile:

Shouldn’t that be 八時 ?

To me this sounds a bit like the people are full…?! (I’ve heard いっぱい be used to mean “have eaten enough”, and が points to the subject, i.e. the people)
I wonder whether この道人が多いです might actually sound more like what you want to express?

Thanks for any insights!

6 Likes

Thanks. I wasn’t sure myself about my second sentence at that time.

3 Likes

今日は寒いや雨や強い風ので外へ行かない方がいい

Summary

Today it’s cold and rainy and there’s a strong wind, so it’s better not to go outside.

(not sure about my particles in the first half at all!)

5 Likes

プレゼントをつくくが、だけすこ時間じかんがあります。

Translation

I’m going to make presents, but I have little time.

3 Likes

むす宿しゅくだいをしたとき「お化け物ばけものた」とっていた。

英語

When my son did his homework, “I saw a ghost”, he said.

I don’t know how Japanese use double quotes. So please correct me if I’m wrong.

4 Likes

Instead of the double quotes " ", they tend to use 「 」 so yours would be 「 お化け物を見みた」と言っていた for example. You can also use [ and ] instead. In most Japanese IME’s 「 and 」are what are typed if you press the keys for [ and ]

4 Likes

Oh, Got it. Thanks. I’ll update that.

2 Likes

Today’s sentence:

武士ぶしりたいけど私は剣術けんじゅつ下手へたです。そのわりに文法ぶんぽうたたかいます。

Summary

I want to become a samurai but I’m not good at swordplay. Instead, I will fight grammar.

6 Likes

You can’t use things like と、とか、or や after an adjective.
You could say 寒くて “it’s cold AND” or 寒い “it’s cold ( as one reason)” though.

プレゼントを作くりに行くが、少し時間だけがあります.

作る stem is a Godan Verb so it’s stem is 作り
だけ always goes after “Only A”-> Aだけ.

7 Likes

Thanks! I had a feeling it was off, and did see ~くて used with an adjective some time after writing that.

Anyway, today’s sentence:

クリスマス前に髪カットをした方がいい

Summary

You better get your hair cut before Christmas.

3 Likes

そこはレストランですか。

英語

Is that place a restaurant?

4 Likes

Oh cool topic, I’ll give it try too (since I’ve been meaning to do it on my own anyway but not finding the motivation) (and I’m far more advanced in comprehension than in actually making sentences soooo). Here it comes !

今日は公園に楽しんだから、また明日も行こう。

English

Since we had fun at the park today, let’s go again tomorrow.

6 Likes

Thanks for this. I wasn’t sure about 作り. Need to read up on these Godan Verbs a bit more to better understand.
Ah now I see. @Pushindawood, I think this needs to be a bit more clear in your Lesson 12, that it’s only える and いる with exceptions like する and くる. I found this wiki very straight forward explaining this simply and short.

So not to sound negative, but I gotta practice my new negatives. So I’m just gonna add to @Jul3’s sentence :wink:

かみカットをしない。わたしはサンタクロースをられます。

Translation

I don’t cut my hair. I want to look like Santa Claus.

PS: If I continue like this I’m gonna be done with N4 in parallel with N5. I always seem to pick sentences which need some N4 grammar :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

午後ごご家族かぞくつかったピザは美味おいしそうだったが、なにべなかった。

Summary

The pizza my family made in the afternoon looked delicious, but I didn’t eat any.

3 Likes