Have you written your Japanese Sentence today?

@Andulien

Watch your endings, your politeness should match. :stuck_out_tongue:

I realize that the grammar I’m learning might be a little too hard to correct for beginners, so I’m going to be giving my sentences to my Japanese coworker to correct and post my humilia-ahem- corrections here for anyone else to learn from.

日本語の新しい文法を使った文は作り甲斐があるけど、そんな文は書きかねます

It’s NEW grammar not NEW Japanese, you idiot!* Change grammar learned to grammar used. けど is pretty formal so you’re ending should match, use ます! And here you’re telling newbies to keep the correct politeness throughout! Hypocrite!*

毎日自分に「今日こそ日本語勉強せねばならない」と言うというものの、ずっとゲームをしてしまう

You’re using a really formal/literature grammar like ~ねばならない and you just decide to drop the を like you’re just having a casual conversation? No! No!* And now you have 2 を’s better change the first to の so it looks better. Also you’re obviously feeling regret all the time so change する into してしまう. You should know better by now, stop being lazy* with just using the dictionary forms of verbs!

*May not be actual comments from my coworker but conveys the feeling all the same.

10 Likes

むすめたまねぎをがしたからわたしいていた。

英語

I cried because my daughter peeled off onions.

I just want to put my new word into a sentence : peel = 剥がす

References:
https://jisho.org/word/剥がす
https://jisho.org/search/剥がす%20%23sentences

Correct me if I’m wrong.

5 Likes

空手は一級だけど、黒帯になるはもっと練習しなくちゃいけない。方と組手は楽しいです、でも基本が好きじゃない。

Odd not mothertonguish english translation

As for karate I am a first kyu, but to become a black belt I need to practise a lot. Katas and kumite are fun, however I don’t like kihon.

(yeah it’s not really true about kihon, I do enjoy them but the sentence is better this way)

Maybe I made too long of a (two) sentence(s) and as a result there might (かもしれない) be a lot of mistakes

I will repeat myself but it is a really cool topic + all the sentences you make are good reading/translating exercises so thanks to eveyone !

8 Likes

Thanks again for noting. That is definitely something I’ll try to keep an eye on as the sentences get slowly longer and more complex. :+1:

Also thank you for sharing the feedback you received on your translations. I especially love how uhm direct your coworkers are “…you idiot!..You should know better by now, stop being lazy!” --> Tho if they knew how much you are here helping all us 下手, he/she would understand that you are not lazy :wink:

So working on quoting today, here is my sentence of the day :slight_smile:
「I did all my reviews!」は日本語にほんごなんいますか。

Translation

How do you say “I did all my reviews” in Japanese?

Great to hear :slight_smile: That’s exactly what I intended it for. To uhm help all others with example sentences and practice. No selfish thoughts here :wink:

5 Likes

Just realised I didn’t reply to this from the beginning of the thread… I was basically just using な as a casual sentence ender. Kinda like the uses 1 and 2 here: https://japanese.stackexchange.com/questions/33969/when-is-na-used-at-the-end-of-a-sentence

As for today’s sentence:

日本のカレーよりインドカレーのほうがすき

Summary

I prefer Indian curry to Japanese curry.

7 Likes

Thanks! Japanese have so many ways to add a different tone/feeling with just a particle/kana at the end. :open_mouth:

3 Likes

図書館としょかんさけばないでください。しずかにしてください。

Summary

Please don’t shout in the library. Please be quiet.

5 Likes

Today’s sentence:

今日きょうはこうえんでひるごはんをべる。

英語

I will eat lunch at the park today.
(The new lesson was を.)

5 Likes

今日きょう友達ともだちとアクアリウムにさかなった。面白おもしろいけど、水槽すいそうせまいだから、魚はかなしいかもしれない。うみに魚を見に行ったい!

Überrrsetzung

Today, I saw fishes at the aquarium with some friends. It was interesting, but since the tanks were small, the fishes might be unhappy. I want to go see fishes in the ocean !

(I had to look for the word fish tank in the dictionnary)

I might not do the furigana thing everytime though, it is too tedious (doesn’t everyone have yomichan on their browser by now ? :monkey:)

4 Likes

日本から小包こづつみたから、今日私はとてもうれしかった~!

Summary

Because a package came from Japan, I was so happy today!

4 Likes

Yesterday was the first day I missed!

今日も眠いので「毎日日本語の文」書きたくない

Summary

I’m also tired today, so I don’t want to write my “daily Japanese sentence”.

5 Likes

Yep same here. But you are here today and that is great :smiley: On a positive note, I was able to read your sentence now and understood it too !!!

今日きょうはビスケットをいた。おいしいです。

Translation

I baked cookies today. They are delicious.

5 Likes

My ideas for sentence today is… not here. So…

サッカーをしません。

Translation

I don’t play soccer/football.

する was today’s lesson.

4 Likes

漢字かんじ勉強べんきょうしているのがきですが、今日きょう単語たんご面倒めんどうくさかったです。いっぱいおな意味いみがありました。

Summary

I love studying Kanji, but today’s vocabulary was troublesome. There were many same meanings.

5 Likes

あのつくえうえのレプリカは食べ物たべものみたいですね。

Summary

The replica on that table looks like food, doesn’t it?

Note that all three replica in English and Japanese and replika in my language are new words for me. I haven’t got this vocab from WaniKani. I got it from googling and searching jisho. So feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.

I heard this second sentence on WakuWaku Japan TV about one or two weeks ago. I could be right. I could be wrong. Just feel free to correct me whenever I’m wrong.

このかきごおりべてみたい?

Summary

Wanna try this shaved ice?

Reference about てみる

6 Likes

Since learning some new grammar, I need to make sure to practice them. So here it goes :slight_smile:

チョコレートのビスケット大好だいすきだけど、ビスケットのなか一番いちばんすきなはレモンがあるビスケット。

Translation

I like chocolate cookies, but out of all cookies I like cookies with lemon the most.

5 Likes

明後日早く起きなくちゃ

Summary

I have to get up early the day after tomorrow.

5 Likes

明日あすろくに、コンビでみずってくれる?

英語

I want you to buy me water at Konbi at 6:00 tomorrow morning.

4 Likes

今日きょういそがしかったから、「げんき」の勉強べんきょうだしていない。:scream: しかし、ワニカニと文プロで勉強べんきょうしていた。目標もくひょう毎日まいにち勉強べんきょうすること

Summary

Because I was busy today, I still haven’t done my Genki study. However, I studied at WaniKani and Bunpro. The goal is to study every day.

6 Likes

べたくなかったらほねになる。

英語

I’ll become bones if I don’t want to eat.

5 Likes