Have you written your Japanese Sentence today?

In learning a new language I think it is essential to not only practice based on given sentences and structure but also trying to apply things in your own words.

Thanks to @nanda reminding about this again, I thought why not create a thread similar to Have you done your BunPro Review today?. Let’s see where this will go :slight_smile:

Thread Rules:

1. Challenge yourself by writing at least one sentence in Japanese each day possible.
  2. Use what you learned or reviewed today in the Bunpro Grammar points for the sentence.
  3. Write the sentence for yourself or to review by other more experienced members.
  4. Make sure to hide your translation, to give others a chance to translate it as well :slight_smile:
  5. Just have fun with it. There are no rules to what you write about, it can be long/short with/without image/gif.

NOTE: If you want to use Furigana in your Sentence then use the following code:

• <ruby>kanji<rt>furigana</rt></ruby> This will get you for example たのしい – thanks to @nanda for the hint.

So my first sentence for today, since I’m still sometimes messing がある/with up, I though maybe it starts sticking with some more practice sentences.

あおいドアーがある いえ る。

Translation

I have a house with a blue door.

• YES!! What a breeze!!
  • Sure, but it’s still way difficult.
  • No, I’m currently only working on Vocab!!
  • I guess I have to, why do you even ask!!
  • Clickbait, so I gotta click something!
  • No, sentences are not for me!
  • No, I’m busy with to many other things.

0 voters

@Jake would it be possible to enable “Blur Spoiler” option for the Forum posts?

14 Likes

Well, better start sooner than later. If anyone finds error(s) with my sentences (and/or translations) please tell me. :smiley:

これはむそかしいだろう。

Summary

This is difficult, right? / This is probably difficult. / This is difficult, isn’t it?

(Can I use これ here to refer to this thread? Making a sentence? Writing this sentence I wanted to refer to this topic/making a sentence/thread. I honestly don’t know and since I’m trying to work with what I know I didn’t try to look it up.)

My first created and written sentence in almost 5 years. :sweat:

Edit: It is supposed to be むずかしい I did a typo. xD

10 Likes

I can put it on the todo list!

@MissDagger

Summary

かしい :wink:

9 Likes

うん、とても難しいな!

This thread is a great idea, but… very difficult… to come up with sentences with no context, and to use something taught in bunpro… (so I wimped out by trying to reply to the post above, but…)

I’ll try something using one of the things I’ve learnt in bunpro today…

毎日このスレッドのリプをした方がいい

Translation

You should reply to this thread every day!

(I had to look up “thread” online so not sure if that’s common usage, and wasn’t sure whether to place the 毎日 at the start or do このスレッド毎日のリプをした方がいい

or whether my usage ofwas correct… or whether a particle is needed between 毎日 and この…

7 Likes

OP, y-you’re amazing!

にんじんやレモンなどのくだものたべべられます。

英語

I can eat fruits such as carrot and lemon.

Oh, and about my vote, don’t worry, I just like to be indifferent in that POLL. :joy:

6 Likes
  • ドアー should be ドア.
  • You’re missing a particle between 家 and 有る.
  • Why 有る instead of ある anyway?
  • I wonder if there’s a smoother way to say what you want that doesn’t use ある twice. Maybe 青いドアがある家に住んでいる or something like that.
14 Likes

How did you do the furigana? O: Edit: Saw your reply. I’m going to try it.

But on another note, this is a great idea! I really need to start trying to produce things rather than passively absorbing them.

I bolded the grammar points I just learned!

あたらしい日本語にほんご文法ぶんぽうまなんだ文を作り甲斐かいがある**けど、そんな文は 書きかねる。。

英語

Creating sentences using new Japanese grammar we learned is worthwhile, but I can’t write such sentences.

Ruby is difficult and looks like a mess to type haha.

9 Likes

Oi! Silly me. Thanks! I did double check the word… so breezily I didn’t notice the wrong sound/kana. Slarvig! (Swedish for sloppy. I talked to my dad about practicing Japanese and how it was important not to be sloppy just a short time ago. >_> )

@Jul3 I understood your sentence even if I don’t know the grammar about な at the end yet. :smile:

5 Likes

Hmm… yeah, I know it’S a crazy idea :wink: Maybe it will pan out into some kind of story or just random sentences. Didn’t know where this thread could go after started. So I guess we’ll just try and see.

Not really, you are :smiley: But thanks. Btw. how do you do the Furigana thing?

@seanblue Thanks for the extensive feedback and tear apart of my sentence. I knew that I had this coming for me.

• ドアー should be ドア. --> Hmm… auto correct maybe.

• You’re missing a particle between 家 and 有る. --> Yes I thought so, but wasn’t sure which one. Thanks for point this out, so に it is. I learned this, should have known…

• Why 有る instead of ある anyway? —> Isn’t it to have rather than there is?

• I wonder if there’s a smoother way to say what you want that doesn’t use ある twice. Maybe 青いドアがある家に住んでいる or something like that. --> Thanks for all the good pointers :+1:

Here my sentence today, reflecting a little bit on the above and what I learned new today. However since I didn’t know how to best express the middle part I had to cheat a little and look at grammar from N4. I hope I didn’t mess that up:

日本語にほんごむずかしいですから、もっと勉強べんきょうしなくてはいけないが、たのしいです。

Translation

Because the japanese language is difficult, I have to study more but, it is fun.

7 Likes

<ruby>kanji<rt>furigana</rt></ruby>

10 Likes

I think 有る is just the kanji version of ある. Maybe it implies a specific meaning, but if so that’s news to me.

6 Likes

今日きょうはいいんですか。

Summary

Will today be good?

6 Likes

Today’s sentence:

日本語クラス行きたいけどもう冬休みだ

Summary

I want to go to my Japanese class but it’s already winter holiday.

9 Likes

日本語 クラス(授業じゅぎょう 行きたいけど、もう冬休みだ。

Don’t forget your particles! Also 授業 is also very common/more common than class in this situation.

Here’s a sentence with 2/3 grammar points I learned today.

毎日自分に「今日こそ日本語を勉強せねばならない」と言うというものの、ずっとゲームをする。

Summary

Although every day I tell myself that "Today for sure I must study Japanese”, I always play games.

9 Likes

明日あした日本にほんかんこくなどにきたいですがおかねがありません。

英語

I want to go to places like Japan and South Korea tomorrow but I don’t have money.

はちしゃいんなどがきますからこのみち人々ひとびとがいっぱいです。

英語

Because people such as company employees are going among others at 8:00, there are many people on this street (this street is full of people). CMIIW.

7 Likes

@lopicake Thank you for helping us beginners out here so kindly :slight_smile:

So I thought to get into the right mood, I’m gonna kick of some seasonal talk, if it is understandable. haha
I had to again use some N4 grammar to get said what I wanted but I hope it’s alright. My two Grammar points that I actually wanted to use are bold here. (Funny enough, they are the very first and the very last Kana of the sentence)

もうクリスマスはちかいですね. いま、プレゼントをなくてはいけないだけ.

Translation

Christmas is already near. Now I only need to buy some presents.

5 Likes

Thanks for the tips! Particles! I was wondering if I’d forgotten something.

Today’s sentence:

最近天気が寒くなったので今日は手袋買った

Summary

Recently the weather has gotten colder, so today I bought gloves.

(err, I did cheat and google a word for gloves…

5 Likes

カナちゃんにかいぎょってあげた。

英語

I bought an ocean fish for Kana-chan.

2 Likes

買ってあげた

5 Likes

Oops. Thanks!

I’ve edited it.

2 Likes