Have you written your Japanese Sentence today?

本屋のカフェに勤めています。好きです。でも、あまりコーヒーを飲みません。

1 Like

I think this is fine, but I think it would look a little more natural to put あまり after を.
コーヒーをあまり飲みません。

Yeah I was going to say that. I see 影響 in a lot of official documents and on the news, but not generally in a casual setting.

1 Like

この頃の世界は怖いことは言うまでもない。

Translation

I don’t need to remind you that the world is scary these days.

1 Like

それな!日本のロックダウンをまだ待っているぞ。とりあえず来週小中高生は問題ないように学校に戻っちゃう。マジで怖い、、、

1 Like

Tried to put a sentance together of recently learned material and most recent grammar point.
Please let me know if I made any mistakes.

かれに「とんカツをべたことがありますか? 」とった。

日本にほん韓国かんこくったことがありません。

1 Like

Hi @Dark_Metamorphosis

Your second sentence is perfect!

In your first one, just a couple of tiny things. In Japanese, quotation marks are 「」, not [ ].
Also, the furigana above 言 should read い, not いい.

Other than that perfect!

2 Likes

毎日ここに一つのコメントをお書きいたします。

Trying to use いたす which I learned this evening https://bunpro.jp/grammar_points/192

1 Like

Nice kenjogo! Perfect me thinks.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! :grin: How do you make these quotation marks when on Japanese input?

Edit: I think I found it.

2 Likes

Tonight’s sentences:

ゲームをするのは私のすきな趣味の一つです
水泳は一番ベストな運動の一つだと考えられている

1 Like

先生は私たちは教科書を使ってもいいだといっていました。
日本語を話すのが苦手です。

1 Like

I would remove this 一番 because that means the number one, so you’re basically saying something along the lines of ‘one of the number one ones’

I would say other than that your sentences are spot on.

いい is an い adjective so you don’t need だ before it.
Other than that grammatically fine but いっていました means ‘was saying.’ So ‘The teacher was saying it’s OK to use the textbook’ is absolutely fine but if you wanted to say that the teacher said it’s OK to use the textbook, you should use a simple past tense ~といいました

1 Like

私の友達と共に手伝い会って宿題をしました。

Together with my friends, we helped each other do homework.

(Not sure if this one is right…)

1 Like

きょうは、多分、文章を書きにいったほうがいいと思います。

I think I should probably go write some sentences today.

1 Like

叫ばないでよ、私はここにだけです!

The intent

Stop shouting, I’m just here!

Any problems with this? I haven’t used だけ much, so I’m not 100% on where it should go. I also only included 私は so Google would get it - am I right in thinking it wouldn’t be needed due to context?

1 Like

手伝い合って

You’re saying ‘should,’ so I would swap 行ったほうがいい with 行くべきだ
Also you don’t necessarily need the 、 that you put in there. You can leave those out if you want.

I think in casual speech this sounds really natural if you finish the sentence on it, but since you continue the sentence, I would remove the よ from here.

Yeah だけ doesn’t really work here as it would in English, so I checked with my friend what the most natural way to say it would be, and as I expected there is no need to emphasise ここ, so you should just say ここにいるから!

4 Likes

Ah! I always mix up those kanji! Thank you!

2 Likes

Thanks, Matt :slightly_smiling_face: Does から mean ‘because’ in your example?

1 Like

Yeah it does :smile:

3 Likes

どうぶつのもり友達ともだちとするのがたのしいとおもいます。私のしまはしないでください。はながありますから。

(As you can see, all I’ve been doing during quarantine is study and play animal crossing lmao)

3 Likes