Have you written your Japanese Sentence today?

今は臨時休校中だから同僚と一緒に体育館でバドミントンをやってきた。俺は痩せないといけないから超疲れて汗はめっちゃ出ちゃった。これからもっと運動すればいいよな。

3 Likes

明日、大切な人は私の仕事に来ます。

2 Likes

私の部屋はきれいじゃありません。今日少し片付かたづけりました。

1 Like

HI! Welcome to the community!

Gramatically perfect, but I don’t feel like in Japanese, 仕事 is treated as a place as much as it is in English, so I would say 会社(かいしゃ) or 職場(しょくば) to sound more natural. Would be good if someone could confirm this for me.

You don’t need り here. You can either say 片付けました or 片付けをしました (the を here is optional.)

Keep your sentences coming! It’s a shame that this thread has been really quiet recently.

Thank you for the corrections and welcome! I really love the idea of this thread. The low requirement makes it a lot easier to talk myself into writing /something/ even when I’m really tired! (It also helps me not get to ambitious and overwhelm myself haha). I’m really trying to build and maintain a daily studying habit, so I’m happy to post!

2 Likes

今晩久しぶりの友達と飲み行くぞ!当店の新しいメニューを英語に翻訳したばかりだからサービスをもらうかも。楽しみにしてるわ~

1 Like

お知らせ: 新型コロナウイルスパンデミックが世界を終わったあとで、トイレットペーパーは主要な通貨になります。 テッド・トックに来てくれてありがとうございました

今日は、あまりしませんでした。でも、今勉強していります!
六日間にあつまれどうぶつの森はリリースします!!!あの日は勉強しますか。忙しいですか。

1 Like

You don’t need り here.

6日間後 would look nicer here, meaning ‘in 6 days’ time.’ I used the Arabic numeral 6 because I think it looks better in this kind of situation, but it’s fine to use the kanji too.

が出ます is generally used in this situation. リリース is fine but I’ve never heard it said.
Also I assume you haven’t done passive form yet and I don’t want to confuse you too early on (it took me years to get my head round it) but it basically means describing something as happening rather than you performing the action yourself. So in this case you said that you will release Animal Crossing. In passive form します becomes されます and 出します becomes 出ます. This is more advanced though so don’t worry about this yet (maybe N3/late N4?)

You should have に instead of は. You can also leave the particle out entirely in this situation as it is relative time (can someone confirm whether あの日 is relative time in this situation? 6日間後 has already been said so I don’t know if you can get away with leaving the particle out)

1 Like

Oh no, my secret’s come out. It’s true… I am actually Nintendo. Jokes aside, ty for your corrections. Especially the note on advanced and confusing grammar haha. I’ll keep that in mind and avoid passive sentences until they’re at my level ^^

1 Like

皆さん、こんにちは。一昨日新しいメンバーになってまだ色々わからないんだけどよろしくおねがいします。最近大学を卒業してから失った日本語に対する熱意と楽しさが戻ってきました。一緒に勉強しましょう!:)

3 Likes

日本で3月下旬はいちごの旬です。昨日友達といちご狩りに行って私一人でで50個ぐらい食べたと思います。いちご狩りに行くのは5−6年ぶりでした。楽しい1日で狩ったいちごは新鮮で甘くてとても美味しかったです。また来年も行きたいですね。

3 Likes

昨日うちの大親友のバイトのさようならパーティーに行ってきた。すっごく寂しくなっちゃうから結構泣いたけど遠く引っ越さないからたまに遊べるな。

2 Likes

I will try put a Japanese sentance for the first time based on what I have learnt today.

I think I will try do this as much as possible, as it’s great way to practice what you have learned.

Here goes: :grinning:

りんごとなし とどっちらのほうが好きすき ですか?

Translation

Which one do you prefer, apple or pear?

プレイステーションのほうがXboxよりいいとおも います。

Translation

I think Playstation is better than Xbox.

If I made any mistakes please let me know :slight_smile:

1 Like

Both perfect :smile:

2 Likes

土曜日どようびなので、食料品しょくりょうひんものったりテレビをたりします。

英語

Because it is Saturday, I do things like go grocery shopping and watch tv.

2 Likes

ナイス!
Perfect!

1 Like

新型コロナウイルスのせいで、7月の日本能力試験が中止されるかもしれないんだって。ここに今年日本語能力試験を受ける人はいる?

1 Like

@Ashura Not sure if せい works here. I’ve seen a lot of people using 影響「えいきょう」instead.

2 Likes

I see, thanks! 影響 sounds more formal.
I think せい can be used as well in this situation too

2 Likes