Have you written your Japanese Sentence today?

今日は何か文は考えかない

Summary

I can’t think of any sentences today.

4 Likes

昨日は友達と電話したりゲームと日本語の勉強をしたりしました。

Summary

Yesterday, I talked to my friend on the phone, played games, and studied Japanese.

2 Likes

今夜、私の友達にパーティーへ行きます。

Summary

I’m going to a party at my friend’s tonight.

3 Likes

I think instead of 「ゲームと」you want a verb to continue the したり so like 「ゲームをしたり」. I think at the moment it reads like “I studied games and Japanese”.

3 Likes

このスレッドが復活してから嬉しいけどまだ文章を作りにくいんだよ

Summary

I’m happy that this thread has been revived, but making sentences is still difficult!

3 Likes

Actually my iTalki tutor just taught me this, although I could have made a mistake. Because both ゲーム and 勉強 takes する, she said you can add と between the nouns to say I did X and Y.

I also put の between 日本語 and 勉強 instead of を so that it became a noun phrase of Japanese studying/studies. So the literal translation would be “game and Japanese studies did” or something like that.

The only reason I didn’t stack all my する verbs is because I didn’t do them all with my friend.

But as I said, I might have made a mistake. So hopefully one of the more knowledgeable people will tell us. ^^

3 Likes

今からワニカニのレッスンを勉強する予定よていです。

Summary

I plan to do WaniKani lessons from now.

3 Likes

今日は、学校へサボってませんでした。

Summary

I skipped school today.

I had to get help figuring out the word for “skipped.” I tried to look it up but it was a bit confusing.

3 Likes

昨日italkiのレッスンをけた。面白おもしろくてむずかしかった。

Summary

I had/took a italki lesson yesterday. (It was) Fun/interesting and hard.

2 Likes

Gramatically totally fine but you used 面白い which is generally considered to be positive, and 難しい which is generally negative, so I would use けど in that situation.
面白かったけど難しかった。
Or of course が if you wanted to be polite
面白かったが難しかったんです。

3 Likes

Thanks! This reminded me that my iTalki tutor had mentioned the same thing. Hopefully that will help it stick. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

これは私が7年前にオンラインで買ったパソコンです。

Summary

This is the computer which I bought online seven years ago.

3 Likes

Perfect :+1:

I would change only オンライン to ネット.

4 Likes

Is ネット just the more common term? Or is there another reason you suggest it over オンライン? Also, thanks!

3 Likes

It is more common, forgot to mention it :bowing_man:

3 Likes

私は眠いです。でも、いつも眠いです。

Summary

I’m tired. But, I’m always tried.

4 Likes

I would say this is fine but would look more natural as one sentence.
Polite: 私は眠いですが、いつも眠いです。
Casual: 私は眠いけどいつも眠い。
I’d also probably not use 眠い twice in the same sentence but if you want a simple sentence, the above is fine. I’d maybe say something like 今はもちろん、いつも眠いよ。depending on the context.

5 Likes

Thanks so much for the advice! ^-^ I’ll remember this for next time! My understanding of grammar still needs some work.

5 Likes

No problem. Grammar is easily my worst point and I still make basic mistakes sometimes. Bunpro has been an absolutely wonderful tool for me and it’s made me much more accurate in my daily conversations. Keep it up!

5 Likes

今年も日本に行ったら見物するつもりだけどたくさんライブ行くかも

Summary

If I also go to Japan this year, I intend to do some sightseeing but will probably go to a lot of lives (gigs).

6 Likes