Hourly reviews slots?

Hello,

As I finished WK and got my daily reviews low enough, I am ready to tackle bunpro seriously.
I’ve reseted this morning and did new study sessions, and now I am at the time of the first review.

I am disturbed as the review slots doesn’t looks to work in a hourly fashion, but in a 1/2hour (or even 1/4?) fashion.

Can it be changed somehow?
As time pass, the reviews will progressively drift to the end of the day and I am afraid to be overwhelmed in a few months instead of having the reviews spread during the day.

5 Likes

Hi,

Having reviews spread during the day isn’t much of a problem. Only the new grammar points reviews are in hours (4h, 8h) and then, they are in days, weeks, or months. So basically, as time pass, we decide how to do them (in the morning, coffee break, afternoon, night …).

You can decide to spread the reviews during the days if you don’t have time (or don’t want) to do them all in one bulk. The number of grammar points is also smaller than the number of vocab/kanji we have to learn, so there is no reason to be overwhelmed.

1 Like

Wanikani rounds the current hour so that if you do the lesson at 0:40 the first review comes at (<4 hours) 4:00. I think Bunpro just takes the full 4 hours, so that the first review would come at 4:40.

At least this is how I see it, I’m not actually sure if it is the case. I don’t know if there is anything you can do about it. It is a bit weird sometimes, but it doesn’t really bother me that much.

2 Likes

I guess it’s more of an inconvenience with the rhythm I had with WK. :slight_smile:

I do my lesson at around 7h30 before going to work, and I happen to have a 10mn break at 11h each day to do my first wave of reviews. With Bunpro, I won’t be able to exploit this.

3 Likes

It might be nice to at least be able to see when exactly a review is due? With the current system you can only see that they’re due ‘at some point between 3pm and 4pm’ for example, wheras with WK if it has 3pm written next to it, you can do it at 3pm sharp. With BP I’ve found myself refreshing the page several times waiting to be able to do reviews that are supposed to be due ‘at/after 3pm’.
I’d also prefer review intervals to be rounded down though. As mentioned above, otherwise review times might just creep later and later.

5 Likes

Under your profile you can technically see when your next reviews are due, but this will also show you the literal points coming up too so its kind of hard to avoid spoiling the upcoming reviews, if that makes sense.

1 Like

It took me a while to get used to the half hour rounding, especially since out of the three platforms I use this is the only one that doesn’t align items on a the hour.

One thing I would really appreciate seeing changed is if the hourly review graph would either find a way to show the half hour items occur, or let us hover over the bars to see X items at :00 and Y items at :30 instead. It’s really annoying to plan a batch of reviews on the hour, only to finish with like 10-15 minutes until some stragglers pop up. At least with a bit more info I could plan around half hour better to do them all at once.

Then again, I don’t know why I’m complaining. I obsessively refresh my SRS platforms for no reason throughout the day :flushed:

6 Likes

Congratulations on the WK progress. That is no small feat.

2 Likes

9 days later, the review have indeed drifted but it seem it won’t be that big of a problem. This is still a (minor) annoyance though, but well…

I do agree at the very least the reviews forecast needs to get the hald an hour precision.

2 Likes