I LOVE These types of Grammar Sentences!

This is no reference or meme, but I really appreciate these examples who fuse different grammar points. Sometimes I have no good foundation in one of them, so it’s hard, but it’s really valuable because it’s way closer to how they actually appear outside the learning bubble.

Review of ておく + たほうがいい

5 Likes

I can’t imagine a single parent who would say that so calmy to their child if it did that… unless… they’re Dumbledore :thinking:

3 Likes

With BunPro, not only can you learn Japanese, but you can also learn things to say to your significant other:

:heart:

7 Likes

You could say they’re… Bunpro love experts

4 Likes

Another one from today:

“Even the Speed of Light is nothing compared to the size of this Universe.”

Totally agree!

Fun fact: The Speed of Light is actually the speed of Causality, which is what the letter “c” in Einstein’s famous E = mc^2 equation represents. I guess it’s just easier to think about light since it’s something we can see.

4 Likes

IMG_20240120_181452

ジャー、ラスタファーライ!

5 Likes

6 Likes

Why? :joy:

3 Likes

He heard about one punch man and wanted to just as strong :rofl: instead of growing hair for super Saiyan where it flops uselessly in the wind getting in the way, it sucks back into his head where he can use it’s energy. It’s the ultimate technique

5 Likes

That looks terrible :joy:.

4 Likes

Indeed it is. But if you want a truly evil English challenge for your 日本人 friends, get them to say “Squirrel”.

6 Likes

Man I can’t even say squirrel right. I’m American English native and half the time it comes out as scroll. The other half it comes out as “that tree climbing rat”

Skawhirl is the best I can do on a good day

7 Likes

If it makes you feel any better, I speak Australian English and when I speak to non-Australians I have to physically restrain myself from cutting out 700 vowels and a handful of consonants from every sentence. :rofl:

6 Likes

Bahahahaa I love that😂

5 Likes

Is Bunpro trying to tell me something?

7 Likes

grafik

Seems like a good plan, I’ll try that the next time my TV doesn’t turn on!

4 Likes

I love these references/quotes in reviews because they are honestly a really great way for someone who gets the reference to internalise the associated grammar. Like, I knew the お前はもう死んでいる quote from ages ago, and when it came up in my reviews it’s like my brain just went “ooohhh” and the associated grammar instantly clicked.

5 Likes

This one always seems like quite a personal jab to me :joy:

Edit: Hey @NeoArcturus! Nice to see you over here on BP as well as on WK! :partying_face: Hope your studies are going great :heart_decoration:

3 Likes

@rachiewru Nice to see you too :smiley: Thanks a lot!

Indeed, they are! I just finished the last N4 lesson, 4 days before my free trial ends :joy:

Next up is reading, I’m already excited! Let’s see how it goes :wink:

I wish you the best with your studies as well!

3 Likes

5 Likes