JLPT July 2021

The window for JLPT on July 4th 2021 will open this Friday (March 26th) and close on Friday, April 16th.
Here we go again!

2 Likes

I’m going to take my N1 this time. I don’t expect to pass it this time around, but the percentage of practice questions I’ve been getting correct is increasing, so you never know! What’s everyone else doing?

7 Likes

I am going to be attempting the N2 but I might decide to do it in December just to be extra safe. I find it hard to remember the grammar for this level. I don’t really see it in real life to help understand it more.

If you can afford it, my advice would be to go and do it even if you don’t expect to pass. Because however many practice questions you do with your self-study, the pressurising environment of the exam room is a really good experience to have for future attempts. That’s what I did - I took it 3 times but the fact that I knew what to expect on my third attempt helped me relax and concentrate more.

5 Likes

Meanwhile in my country:

7月 2020: Cancelled
12月2020: Cancelled
7月 2021: Cancelled

9 Likes

Pretty much in the exact same spot. It’s nice to a deadline to motivate you to study harder.

In America, they only give the test once a year, in December.
So, I’m going for N2 in December! :blush:

6 Likes

yoo i’m also planning to take N1 this July

I finally reached lv 60 on Wanikani recently, so I’m hoping i won’t need to spend much more time on Kanji
Bunpro has helped a lot in really solidifying the grammar points from the lower levels and I’m currently still making sure I really master N2 grammar.

一緒に頑張ろう!

4 Likes

Cancelled in scotland until 2022 :frowning:

4 Likes

N1. Hoping to improve on my 54 lol.

2 Likes

In France the registrations for the July session are already closed. So I want to try N3 in December, or maybe N2 if I think I progressed enough since then to do so (will see in August).

2 Likes

I have to wait for December. Would prefer to take N1 but I’ve never taken any JLPT before and I might do N2 to be safe. I wish they had 2 a year in the states, it puts so much pressure on it when you only get one chance a year.

1 Like

Question for those of you who have taken the JLPT (outside of Japan), is it administered completely in Japanese? I was thinking I might visit my brother in Chile this summer (obviously only if it is safe to travel) and they offer a July test. My Spanish however is less than basic.

The examiners would give oral instructions in the local language. The test paper that you fill in have instructions that are always in English and Japanese.

4 Likes

It might be difficult to get your certificate in that case? Since it usually takes two months to issue the certificate it is usually sent from Japan to the test center where you took the exam, and then they post it to your home. I wonder if the test center will want to send it internationally(to your home) or to your brother.
Really not sure how it works. Probably depends on how far you live from Chile.

2 Likes

I’ll try to take N3. Up until this year, I just studied Japanese without thinking about the JLPT and never used textbooks or had any lessons so it will be my first time trying the JLPT. Based on the official practise tests and raw numbers I already know more than enough kanji and words and can read fast but my grammar knowledge is really sloppy so I’m only worried about the grammar section and my mind wandering off during listening. :sweat:

4 Likes

I’m going to take my first JLPT this year so I hope It doesn’t get cancelled in my country.

4 Likes

I’m giving my N5 for the first time :sweat_smile:

The last two JLPTs were cancelled in India just like they were everywhere else, but the one in July will be taking place in most cities this time.

5 Likes

I heard some people say that the summer one is easier than the winter one but not sure if that is true. Or why it would be a thing lol

1 Like

They don’t offer the July tests where I am, but I might still take a practice one just to gauge where I’m at.