JLPT July 2023

Noooooo WTF

1 Like

Yeah in London it sells really quickly. In December it was less than an hour too.

1 Like

Same issue in France … There is only 4 cities to pass the test, some of them only do the JLPT once a year (in Bordeaux&Lyon, only in December, Strasbourg only in July), and even in Paris (twice a year), the maximum in 500ppl … in a few hours (or days if we’re lucky) that’s over …

1 Like

I’m also an atheist, that doesn’t stop me from putting up a Christmas tree. It doesn’t have to be a religious thing, call it sparkly tree if you want one despite your beliefs (or lack thereof) :laughing:

2 Likes

I just found that out personally. I wanted to register but at 10am it was already sold out :cry:

True true! (Though for me December kind of sucks anyway because I don’t really have family.)

:frowning: … If you are still interested (and there are places) there are other universities in UK that do it : Leicester, Cardiff and Edinburgh.
As long as you have friends and / or address in another place, you could try internationally eg Copenhagen / Amsterdam which are quite close-ish to London
The JLPT can be a good excuse to travel somewhere new :slight_smile:

1 Like

Motivation levels have dipped noticeably. Nevermind.

its a shame you need a Japanese address to take it in Japan, I will be taking a trip to Japan during this JLPT but can’t register. I passed N3 this past December and am very confident I will be N2 ready by July.

1 Like

They really need to sort this address stuff.
Not everyone is in one fixed place over the entire period of applying to taking the test to getting results etc.

That said, I believe there are certain “key times” when addresses are actually used: about a week before the test when they send out your test appointment postcard, a bit after results are released online when they send out the results postcard, and if/when you apply for a “certificate”, i.e. insanely expensive folded-up bit of paper with N, a number and some other stuff on it (apologies for rant/off-topic).

There are certain corresponding “windows” during which you can amend your address and so you need to make sure the address suits you for just that particular stage of the process by the end of the particular corresponding window.

Applying for JLPT in Japan doesn’t seem to work … tried many times on different browsers, but every time I try to upload a photo, just get a system error :confused:

1 Like

Luckily worked after about 8 or 9 times of trying :rofl:

2 Likes

I passed N3 in December of 2022 even though I thought that I completely failed it. In America, it looks like they’re not doing a summer test, so I have to wait until December of 2023 to give the N2 a shot.

https://www.aatj.org/jlpt-us/

1 Like

Remember to get your applications in before the application window for your area closes! :+1:

I still have a few days to apply and I’m wondering if I should. I’m basically too busy with a million other things to really prepare this time and the price was recently raised as well. Do I really want to shell out¥7500 on a test which I’m fairly certain I’m going to do poorly on?

2 Likes

I feel the same way you do right now. It has been difficult for me to find the motivation to really buckle down and focus on studying for it lately.

If you’re in Japan, there are some other cheaper testing options you could consider too if you just want to benchmark yourself.

I mostly need to use it for work. So far every ad I’ve seen has been asking for JLPT results. I’m lucky that, in I.T. stuff, my measly little N3 can get me by. But I would like N2 just in case.

2 Likes

Debating about taking N3 this year, want to use it as a benchmark and get familiar with the JLPT.

I signed up for N3 last year and just didn’t show up as I was wildly delusional about my progress. I’m taking N4 this year as a personal tester and to show potential employers I’m willing to learn the language.

good luck to y’all.

1 Like