Let's play Kanji Shiritori! 漢字尻取をしましょう

·社会科学·しゃかいかがく - social science​

If everybody’s OK with this, we can christen the game!

3 Likes

Personally I prefer 漢字尻取り.

EDIT: 漢字取り sounds good too.

4 Likes

社会科学 しゃかいかがく - social science

学校がっこう → School

5 Likes

校訓 (こうくん) - school motto/guiding ideas

5 Likes

訓練 (くんれん) = Practice.

5 Likes

練習(れんしゅう)practice!

5 Likes

Matt,

I think you got this thread confused with the regular しりとり one. This one is 漢字尻取り :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

3 Likes

Oops!

3 Likes

You’re welcome to resubmit your entry, of course :blush:.

3 Likes

I wasn’t sure what was going on with that one! :laughing:

5 Likes

OK, well in that case, let’s go with 習字しゅうじ, since it’s kinda my thing.

Calligraphy

6 Likes

字書 じしょ jisho, dictionary of kanji characters.

5 Likes

書店しょてん

4 Likes

·店番·みせばん

4 Likes

番号ばんごう

4 Likes

Just want to point out that I think this is technically not true (I didn’t read the rules until now). If you use the もの reading then you can stick a pluralising suffix onto it, I think. I also am gonna check my kanji dictionary at work tomorrow to see if there are some weird old words which are exceptions and not just my “ackshually teknically” exception here. It also depends what you think counts as a word, I guess, which is an oddly difficult question to answer for Japanese.

3 Likes

While that may be true, I don’t think many people would know that. Even when you go to Jisho, this are all the words you get with that Kanji:

A total of 3 words. I think we should try to utilize Kanji that are easy to follow up, or the game will end prematurely (unless you’re suggesting something that’s common and would truly circumvent this issue, but I don’t know what that would be).

Next Kanji: 号車 (ごうしゃ) = A Train’s number.

4 Likes

車両 (しゃりょう) = a wagon, vehicles

5 Likes

両側りょうがわ - both sides

4 Likes

I could rephrase it to “… as there are barely any words that start with 者”, but I think that we should keep the rule.

(そば) = side (I believe the kanji form isn’t really used that often?)

4 Likes