Let's play Kanji Shiritori! 漢字尻取をしましょう

側女 (そばめ) = Mistress.

5 Likes

女神 (めがみ): Goddess

5 Likes

神社 じんじゃ

5 Likes

For sure - I meant what I said more as a “fun fact” or like “isn’t this interesting” kind of thing rather than a suggestion to change the rules.

No need to even rephrase it. Part of my brain is always trying to find a way to break rules or find exceptions. As I say, I just thought it’d be interesting to mention. It’s a good rule so no need to change it.

I think it’s also technically possible to end the game with a number of different words as there are plenty of kanji that are used in one specific way only and therefore would only appear at the end of a word/phrase. I would guess 山葡萄 would end a game, for example.

5 Likes

社宅 (しゃたく) - housing provided by your company, quite common in Japan for larger companies to provide housing for workers and some towns are dominated by one company even

5 Likes

宅配便 たくはいびん express home delivery, brought to you by your favorite discount seller.

5 Likes

This is exactly why when I first suggested the rule, I said for 者 and 々 that few or no words begin with these Kanji, just incase there were those sneaky exceptions. I’ve learned in life that there are few absolutes, besides death and taxes.

3 Likes

便乗 (びんじょう) = Getting a ride.

5 Likes

•乗客•じょうきゃく

5 Likes

·客室乗務員·きゃくしつじょうむいん

imageimage

6 Likes

員外 いんがい non-member.

5 Likes

The picture you put up is a caption competition waiting to happen. Those people clearly hate being around that woman with the evil grin on her face.

Hmm, for the latest one, let’s go for 外食がいしょく - eating out.

5 Likes

食料 (しょくりょう) = Food/Groceries.

4 Likes

料理人 りょうりにん

5 Likes

人形 (にんぎょう)- Doll

3 Likes

Hi! Pardon me for bringing out this point again.

I really don’t mind the shape it finally takes but, wouldn’t it be more suitable to name this game with a full-fledged jukugo!?

It ought to be a name that does not forfeit the game, though. :wink: Either 漢尻取 or 漢字尻取 would do.

4 Likes

Ah, sorry, I forgot :sweat_smile: I leave the decision to you folks, I’m fine with both :slight_smile:

4 Likes

形跡 (けいせき): trace, residue

5 Likes

I like 漢字尻取 best!

跡 (あと) = Footprint.

4 Likes

とびら

:ok_hand:t2:

4 Likes