I noticed the old Shiritori thread died over a year ago, after lasting for like 6 months (rest in peace 🪦), so I figured I would start a new thread here.
Shiritori (しりとり) is a Japanese game in which the players are required to say a word which begins with the final kana of the previous word (shameless wikipedia copy pasta).
If you say a word ending with ん the game ends (and you lose), since no Japanese words start with ん.
- If you can only think of a word ending in ん, go ahead and type your word ending the game and type a second word to start a new game in the same post.
- No verbs or い adjectives since they all end in う sounds and い.
- Please add whatever words you are comfortable with for your vocabulary level, we don’t want to exclude anyone from playing.
- Don’t repeat the same word within the game (or you lose).
- Feel free to add the reason for choosing your word if you would like, such as why it’s unusual or why you like the word!
- Person 1 - 倉 （くら）warehouse
- Person 2 - 落書き （らくがき）graffiti
- Person 3 - 曲 （きょく）tune
- Person 4 - 訓練 （くんれん）training
- Person 4 loses and starts a new game.
Fun fact - The newest Pokémon series has a shiritori game at the end of each episode!
Let’s learn some vocabulary together! I’ll start with something we all love: