Let's play Standard Shiritori! しりとりをしましょう!

心(こころ)heart

3 Likes

Lots of first time posters in this thread - @amarde01, @KCunningham, @PvtNoob, @BeerBoar, @Anonymous1, @Oceansea, and @LanguageKat! Welcome to the forum, glad you are all here :slight_smile:

Here’s my word:

労働(ろうどう)labor

2 Likes

占い (うらない) - fortune telling

1 Like

イギリス - the UK

鈴(すず)bell

Learned this one the other day from reading 魔女の宅急便 (Kiki’s Delivery Service).

4 Likes

図体 (ずうたい) Body/frame
learned that one from attempting to watch グリザイアの果実 Vocab seems pretty intricate, but holy moly: Keigo character, kansai-ben character, character with a lisp, need to pause quite a bit xD

2 Likes

いただきます said when you start to eat (but you probably already knew this one… :sweat_smile:)

And welcome to all the first-time posters.

Hmmm, we don’t usually allow verbs, even in ます form, but I think it’s fair to let you off this time because of the usage - on this occasion, let’s translate it as ‘amen’ :joy:

数学すうがく - maths

2 Likes

薬 (くすり) - medicine

利益りえき - profit!

禁止 (きんし) - Forbidden!!

尻尾しっぽ - tail
EDIT: My friend recently opened his own yakiniku restaurant and introduced me to oxtail. As a British person, I’ve never known it outside of soup, but it’s absolutely delicious! It has a bone running through the middle and the meat is quite tough, so rather than using chopsticks, you’re better picking it up by the middle bit and eating around the bone. If you cook it on a 七輪しちりん, which is basically a yakiniku grill with hot coal instead of electricity or gas, it creates quite a violent fire and that makes the fat melt into the meat, which makes it really sweet. That’s my おすすめ anyway :joy: A tail is 尻尾 but in terms of meat, it’s simply テール.

2 Likes

ポジティブ positive

@matt_in_mito Sorry, I had forgotten this rule… :scream:

We’ll let you off this once :rofl:

部室ぶしつ - clubroom

3 Likes

月(つき)moon

2 Likes

奇跡 (きせき) Miracle

1 Like

気象庁 (きしょうちょう) weather agency

鰻 (うなぎ) - eel