Lifetime Membership

I find Anki expensive. It cost time to learn…

1 Like

How sweet was it? I only heard of either 200/250$ sale prices for WaniKani lifetime

2 Likes

It was a long time ago through email, so I may be off on the details, but I believe it was US $100. I wasn’t thinking to go lifetime, but the price shocked me a bit and so I grabbed it. I’m a big fan of Anki, so I’ve just recently actually started using WK to supplement Anki and BunPro (which are both already sweet prices IMHO.)

I’m always trying to think of way to support Anki more, as I think this tool is like a Swiss Army knife that can be tweaked to fit different learning styles, and the founder is very generous with his monetization model.

3 Likes

Took the jump. Lifetime activated.

13 Likes

@Aleithian
Hey and welcome on the community forums :partying_face:

And thank you for the purchase on behalf of the team :+1:
We hope it will be useful.

PS
Kill la Kill :heart:

6 Likes

Thanks! It’s good to be here - I think this is what I need to reestablish my Japanese study, among other things.

5 Likes

If you take a look at the prices that language schools are charging for teaching Japanese, then this is very affordable.
I probably don’t need lifetime since I already finished N3 in 6 months. But buying it is also a way of supporting the developers.

7 Likes

This :100:

2 Likes

well… what if they will start doing stupid things? I can stop giving them my 3$ and they will starve to death, what about you? xD

I prefer to have control over them :joy:

2 Likes

ありがとう開発者様😊

3 Likes

Lifetime is definitely the way to go.

2 Likes

Does anyone know whether there will be an announcement before the price goes up? Once my trial is over I’ll probably go month-to-month until I’m sure I’ll use it, then bump up to annual/lifetime, but I’d be inclined to buy lifetime sooner if I’m about to miss the discounted price.

2 Likes

I thiiink I vaguely remember them saying that they’d announce a price change beforehand.
Let me see if I can find the post…
Yup, here it is:

4 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

For those that have already supported us, any amount that you have donated will be available as a credit toward your subscription and will be deducted from whichever plan you choose should you choose to subscribe.

Does it still work? Can I expect that if I buy a yearly subscription for $50 then I will be able to extend it to a lifetime subscription for an additional $100 instead of $150?

Hey there!

Whenever you upgrade your subscription, we will prorate any leftover subscription time as a discount for your Lifetime purchase.

So if you bought a year of service and then immediately bought Lifetime, you’d have almost $50 worth of credit.

If half a year has passed, and you decide to make the purchase then, you’ll get somewhere around $25 worth of credit towards your lifetime subscription.

Hope this helps!

4 Likes