Major Update 11/28 - Full Badge Revamp!

These look absolutely gorgeous!

5 Likes

Awesome work @Daru, these are all P :clap:R :clap:I :clap:S :clap:T :clap:I :clap:N :clap:E

6 Likes

Awesome designs, can’t wait to unlock my Fuji x10 and Fujix 50!

Please sir, stop time travelingwhile doing reviews.

6 Likes

Now /set_favorite_badge returns 500 Internal Server Error ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4 Likes

Feel free to blame me on that one x’D

3 Likes

Is it intended to be 文ロ? I don’t understand the pun :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

@HotAirGun
don’t worry bro

8 Likes

I love the new badge designs, it was a pleasant surprise this morning.

Is there a way to change which badge to display on the front page? Previously if i clicked on a badge, it would replace the one on the front page but this does not seem to work now. (I have been on bunpro for a while and I will not have the chance to see them gradually unlock so it would be nice to be able to switch them up every few weeks)

4 Likes

The designs are astonishingly beautiful! And the descriptions are really inspiring :fire:

4 Likes

@kush @Stormblessed A fix has been applied, can you confirm what badges are being displayed for you guys?

@quadban Try contacting our local Streak Gods Priest @Jake about that. The streak gods might have mercy on your soul.

@chantellis Currently we only display the latest badge you’ve unlocked. If you still can’t see the new badges, try refreshing. The update is slowly rolled out to all users and it might take a while.

@anon11044561 Badges are a cherry on top kind of thing. It’s our way to motivate all of our users to push through and do their best to learn and immerse themselves in grammar, which is Bunpro’s ultimate goal. You can keep trying to earn them, or ignore them completely. There’s no penalty as Badge’s rewards are badges themselves!

Yes I did! The team provided all sorts of ideas and feedback, but other than that it was a solo job.

Currently there isn’t, but we’re already discussing a way for it to be added. Stay tuned!

Thank you everyone for your kind comments. :sob: I’m super glad everyone’s liking the new badges and they’re helping you guys feel motivated.

7 Likes

The xp badges are fixed but I also haven’t got the N5 badge yet

Edit:
I now have the N5 badge :+1:

3 Likes

The fix worked for me!

4 Likes

woah i got so many badges!

3 Likes

This might come across weird, but I made a lot of suggestion to Bunpro when the project was in Beta and I didn’t get the supporter badge. How are the recepients for it being determined?

4 Likes

Looks like a favorite badge setting works now, but there’s no way to unset it by clicking again like it was before :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Nice, so that’s why I got so many notifications! They look very good! Though it seems I have a little bug :wink:

2 Likes

Looks like there’s a little kink left: In my succession of streak badges, I’ve got (among others) Streak 100, Streak 200, Streak 500. But Streak 365 is missing. But in order to get to 500 days and beyond, I must have passed day 365, right? Unless time and space are playing tricks on me here, there’s something off here :wink:

EDIT: I just noticed that the bug Brawl mentioned above is probably related, if not the same thing. So, you might consider this posting as a “happens to me, too” :wink:

2 Likes

@HotAirGun @Brawl @HenningK We’re working on fixing those small kinks, please hold on for a bit longer!

3 Likes

Well, it’s not displaying the most recent one I’ve unlocked, but an old one I had selected before. It’s also still the old style badge and not the updated version of the badge. I can see all the new style images of the badges I’ve unlocked if I go to my profile. I’ll keep checking, but so far refreshing hasn’t made any difference. Here is a screenshot of what I mean showing unlocked new badges and old one by my avatar just in case.

3 Likes

Go to badges, double click your favorite to set it. It’s not the best solution but we’ll improve it soon!

3 Likes