MAJOR UPDATE! November 24, 2019

I know this has been answered elsewhere, but I can’t seem to find the answer, so any help would be great. How “complete” is Bunpro at each JLPT level? If I recall, N5 is complete, but (clearly) N1 is not. How about the others? And how close are they to complete if they are not?

2 Likes

Hopefully next update will have Shin Kanzen Master paths, right? :wink:

6 Likes

Is N1 expected to be finished within the next 6-9 months? Would love to know ^^

4 Likes

@seanblue @aneeline @Kai @Anthropos888 Thank you to everyone that commented on the new Troubled Grammar algorithm. We feel like Troubled Grammar is in a relatively good place for the time being. Now it is reasonably easy to get into “trouble” at a low streak level, but you can also get out of “trouble” simply by increasing your streak. With this new system, it is relatively tough to get Troubled Grammar at higher streaks as well. That being said, we will continue to look at the data and make tweaks based on what we find to further optimize the algorithm and how you get Troubled Grammar. Adding some additional stats so that it is easier to determine where each grammar point stands is something that we can do. Cheers!

@jomteon After we finish the Tobira Path we will move on to filling in and completing N1. Once N1 is at a good place, we will start adding requested grammar (we already have a pretty lengthy list). We will be releasing new Paths, updated audio and some other features while we work on N1, so it is difficult to say just how “complete” Bunpro is currently or how long it will be before we can consider it “done.” We still have a lot to do and a lot of content to add. We will continue to add new content, features, and improvements for the foreseeable future. Cheers!

@someone2020 We will be finishing up the Tobira Path within the next few days and will be able to shift our attention to N1. We hope to have as much of N1 done within that time period as possible. Thank you for your patience. Cheers!

7 Likes

The problem is that users with an average accuracy of around 90% or more don’t have any possibility to cram their troubled grammar, because the system just doesn’t show any. Would be nice if you could at least adapt the calculation for “troubled grammar” within the cramming section, for example all grammar points that were failed 2 or 3 times, even if they are SRS 12 now.

6 Likes

Oof, if I’d known the calculation was going to change, I would have just reset my troubled points while I had a handy list of them. If the calculation is staying as is, is there any possibility of at least seeing the accuracy/times wrong of specific points somewhere on the site?

Even though it’d be more work to go through them one point at a time to look for problem points myself, at least I could have a measure to judge which to reset.

Edit:
@Pushindawood Any chance of getting this somewhere on the site? Either in the individual grammar points or troubled grammar or anywhere?

3 Likes

Sorry to bring this topic up again, but it really would be great to see on each grammar how many times you’ve done it wrong and how many times right, even more amazing if we could arrange the points in an order corresponding to that so we can tailor our study needs.

1 Like