Missing grammar list

For the sentence in that link, Bunpro has explanations for all of those, but it puts たって as a separate grammar point.
たって | Japanese Grammar SRS
としても | Japanese Grammar SRS
って | Japanese Grammar SRS
…where たって is a contraction of ても instead of としても. (different nuances)

p.s. Btw, I think this is one reason why Japanese is so difficult – many constructions don’t fall neatly into logical buckets, so you get different interpretations depending on the source.

1 Like

Just came here to verify if the imperative really doesn’t have an entry; I just wanted to add it to my reviews and couldn’t find it anywhere. A whole conjugation seems to me like kind of a big gap…

3 Likes

This thread needs a wiki entry and a google sheet so we can track what has been requested, recommended N range, who is adding it, if already in BunPro, definition, ect. Can even make anki decks while BP considers making entries.

6 Likes

Yesterday I came upon the following sentence:
在留資格が「留学」の場合は昼間部のみ入学可能です

I had never seen this のみ before so I looked it up on bunpro, but only found a grammar point about のみならず. I don’t know if it should be granted a grammar point by itself, but I thought maybe you guys would want to add it to the list.

4 Likes

@richardovalle
It will be added for sure :slight_smile:

1 Like

There are quite awesome lessons for honorific verbs conjugation in the end of N4 section. But now I realize that I don’t know anything about which of them are suitable for 内 and which for 外.
Is it possible to add some additional grammar point explains it? With questions something like これを彼に______ください [渡す、内].
It looks like now Bunpro doesn’t explain what @gyroninja explains here:

1 Like

I think this wasn’t mentioned yet:

んとする — old-fashioned version of ようとする

1 Like

〜たことにする

3 Likes

I couldn’t find this:
~もしない

3 Likes

~とする
meaning - What does verb+とする mean? - Japanese Language Stack Exchange

2 Likes

Came across ~そうになった “almost did, nearly did” on satori reader, which I don’t think is entirely intuitive from its parts.

2 Likes

Not sure if it’s been mentioned yet, but I came across ゆえ in a few articles recently.

2 Likes

(From Stack Exchange)
So, how do you translate 「行くとする」? Pretty much anything that reflects your understanding of the nuance “proceeding to perform a new action (by quitting what one is currently doing)” would do.

“I think we should get going.”, “We really hafta get going.”, etc., perhaps?

Although we could possibly do another grammar point for this, I would just like to point out that is has to do with the control factor that I mentioned in a post recently. The English translations presented there also have the feeling of ‘to try to start something new, but not have full control’, that’s why it comes off as

“I think we should get going (but maybe something is stopping us).”
“We really hafta get going (is it ok if we leave?).”, etc., perhaps?

It’s not just ‘quitting what you’re doing’, it’s usually looking for some kind of approval from someone, or hinting at that it is not easy to start the new thing due to some feeling/hindrance.

1 Like

One year after this comment this N2 grammar point or AIAJ chapter 13 path is still missing…
The usage is not simple as in the quote above…

Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 10.16.16 PM

3 Likes

After watching this video on だけ (verb + だけ + same verb), I tried to see if this grammar was on here, and the closest I found was だけは, which seems different than what was described in this video.

Mentioning it here jic.

2 Likes

AとはいいながらB would be a good one to add for N2.

2 Likes

An awesome grammar point for the planned JLPT0 grammar group.

3 Likes

っこ - doing together; doing to each other; contest; match​

(There is っこない | Japanese Grammar SRS, but it seems to me it’s insufficient to cover the topic.)

3 Likes

とばかり

2 Likes

Maybe split 〜に対して and 〜のに対して into separate grammar points?