N1 L6 - New Grammar

First batch of N1 L6 is here. We apologize for the longer than usual wait. COVID-19 impacted one of the team and threw a wrench into our progress on this batch of grammar, but we should be back on schedule now going forward.

We hope you and your loved ones are staying safe.

はおろか - let alone, much less, needless to say, not to mention, not only but also

めく・めいた -like, to show signs of, to have the appearance of, to come to a (state) similar to, somewhat, an air of, feels almost like,

といわず - not only A or B but every-; A, B and every-; not only A or B but all over; A, B both, whether a or B

にもほどがある - there is a limit to, you are too …, How …!, How … one can be!

にもまして - even -er than, even more than, more than anything, more than anybody, more than ever

や否や - as soon as, no sooner than, the minute

次第です - because the reason is, therefore, the present situation is like this, this is how (it is), those are the circumstances, this is why

というところ - I would say (about), I guess (about), it could be said that, about, at best

As always,
Happy studying!

21 Likes

Thanks for keeping up the development of the platform!

I hope they are/will be ok. Wishing them good health!

5 Likes

Yep! Luckily everything ended okay and things are back to normal now. :bowing_man:

8 Likes

Awesome. Thank you for the content.

5 Likes

We will also add two additional grammar points to N5, “negative いadjectives” and “past form of いadjectives” (maybe later this week).

Cheers :+1:

10 Likes

Great!

Looks like the はおろか grammar point has a split personality though and half of it wants to be はおるか…

6 Likes

:joy: Fixed it.

1 Like

Also, にもほどがある came with the answer already filled in during the initial review. I can’t get it to work with cram so I don’t know if it was just one time.

2 Likes

Going to be so useful for beginners!

2 Likes

Same thing just happened to me with めく. It didn’t happen the first couple of times though.

1 Like

N1 L6 grammars are not appearing for me. I can access them through the links here but not the regular way.

4 Likes

Yeah they aren’t available via the lessons page yet. They should be on the all grammar page though. They will become available via the lessons page with the next update.

2 Likes

Grammar hype!

2 Likes

I just got out of N5! Oh well, it’s about the journey not the rank. :smiley:

2 Likes