N2.5 grammar

These points have come up in an N3 practice book (パワードリル) but are listed as N2 in BP.

There are probably more since I haven’t used the book that much. I think BP is probably correct but curious if anyone seen these points in other N3 materials.

Edit: Here is a total list for anyone who finds it helpful:

を問わず
上に
としては
としても
から見ると
に向かって
てならない
という点から考えると
ところだった(1)
ところだった(2)
てからでないと
を通じて
をもとに
際に
はともかく
一応①
一応②
からといって
には
た末・の末
にわたって
を巡って
かねない
かねる
に沿って

4 Likes

I’ve seen differences between Bunpro, other grammar books, and the grammar books between themselves. I think that’s normal across all material. We can’t know for certain what’s going to be on the test, so resources have to estimate the best they can.

5 Likes

It’s probably best to go above and beyond for studying if possible. I knows this happens with kanji all the time.

Now that I actually looked, these two are in the N3 総まとめ series while the other two are not (maybe Kanzen is different, IDK). I haven’t really crossed-checked all other grammar from this book but most it is very looks close at a glance.

4 Likes

@s1212z @conan

Hey :grinning:

Since the change of JLPT exam format (introduction of additional level, and other changes) the official word and grammar point lists are not published.

The textbook authors and us approximate what belongs to which JLPT level based on the pre-current format list. That’s why there are some inconsistencies and some grammar points in one book or on bunpro are considered N3, in another one they are N2.

:bowing_man:

8 Likes

から見ると
に向かって
てならない
という点から考えると
ところだった(1)
ところだった(2)
てからでないと
を通じて
をもとに
際に
はともかく

Here is my current list of N2 grammar points that I’m finding in N3 material. I’ll try to keep this list updated but if anyone has grammar points they are finding, please share - thx!

Edit: Forgot the new ones, definitely saw these.

一応①
一応②

3 Likes

Well, they sometimes throw in vocabulary and grammar in the test beyond what would be typically expected of the level. In the reading sections you’re supposed to be able to read around it, while sometimes in the vocabulary and grammar section it’s used to presumably to stop people memorising lists and getting perfect scores.

6 Likes

@Beghaus @s1212z
By the way, for that reason our first N1 lesson is composed from the most common N1 phrases, so it is good idea to learn those even when learning for N2 level.

Cheers,

6 Likes

True, they may throw out these questions (or at least hope so!) but it’s my impression the N3/2 boundary is not well defined across various resources. I suspect the split in 2009 may have caused
some confusion but IDK. Ideally, I would have liked to have been deeper in N2 material before this weekend. Worth mentioning, this is list is from various N3 grammar only exercises as the focus question I’ve come across and not reading.

Here is another one:

からといって

2 Likes

には
た末・の末
にわたって

3 Likes