N2 Grammar Explanations! 10/12/2022

I’m the opposite, lol.

I find that having similar grammar points together helps me learn and understand the fact that they are similar, as opposed to having them spread out all over and finding that out much later in my studies. That way I can look up videos on YouTube that compare and explain in more detail the differences between said grammar points.

8 Likes

Great Update.
Noticed a write up yesterday and I am super happy about it.
All in all we can see again that you, our beloved bunpro staff, take the feedback in the forums seriously. Keep up the great work!

2 Likes

@Asher I very much appreciate how you guys are always putting in the effort to keep making this important resource better and better. The team is always working so hard and it really shows. And you all still find time to connect with the community and offer assistance whenever you can.

4 Likes

The amount of joy I felt reading the notification was indescribable ! Thank you so much for your hard work !

1 Like

BTW, any word on when we can expect the vocabulary for N3, N2 and N1? I know BunPro should be more about the grammar, but those vocabulary decks do help. No pressure though, just asking.

5 Likes

This is great timing, thank you guys so much for your hard work! It’s things like this that make me consider getting the lifetime subscription :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Heh, I just started my revision for N2 last week. Couldn’t have come at a better time!

1 Like

And, it’s also a good strategy for the BunPro team themselves, so that they can get feedback as early as possible, and roll out corrections/improvements in a steady, continuous way, as well! Nice strategy, guys!

Great to get this kind of ‘heads-up’ information about BunPro’s current goals like this! Thanks for letting us know! :smiley:

3 Likes

We have finished N3, and it will be coming soon. The holdup is due to us currently being in the middle of a big overhaul of how vocab works in general. We’ll be announcing more about this change in the very near future!

N2 is also already in development, but can’t give any fixed date yet. :bowing_man:

4 Likes

Very nice! Can’t wait!!

Thanks for all the hard work you guys put into BunPro. I can’t stress enough how much I appreciate it :heart:.

1 Like

Really looking forwards to that :grin:
Currently trying another SRS for starting N3 vocab but looking forwards to having grammar and vocab all in one place soon!
I guess the number of vocab must really balloon as you go up the N-levels though, with probably many (tens of?) thousands of vocab by the time you get to N1 :open_mouth:

1 Like

I love the new vocab decks and cant wait to finish n4 and have the n3 deck already waiting.
Only thing im missing is to have the reviews the other way around too (asking for the japanese word, like anki).
Are there any plans to implement that in the future?

1 Like

Something quite like this will be coming very soon actually! :sunglasses:

1 Like

I’m so glad to hear that! Will that be for grammar too?

1 Like

Hi there, and sorry for the very slow reply! Being that all reviews already ask for physical input of the answer, I am not quite sure what you mean here. Could you please tell me exactly the feature you are looking for?

1 Like

I suppose I mean having a mode for grammar that is recognition only. Bring shown a sentence in Japanese with the grammar highlighted, translating the best you could in your mind, then showing the answer and grading yourself.

I would really like this style of study.

2 Likes

Ah, I see! The team actually have discussed having a style of learning like this in the near future, but rather than it being physical input (of English), it would more just be the pure anki style of reading a sentence, revealing the answer and then grading yourself on whether you understood it or not.

4 Likes

Yes, that’s exactly it! Oh yeah, that would be great!

1 Like

I just tried the Reading mode in the Beta Cram, and it was AWESOME! Is that what you might bring to Review mode?

This is a great idea. Very beneficial for those of us who are more focused on recognition rather than recall.

1 Like