New Bunpro Mobile Apps! - v0.4.0+71

I’m not getting them either

2 Likes

I am interested in helping test the Android app if you are still giving out alpha invites.

3 Likes

You can sign up straight with the link now: Sign in - Google Accounts

2 Likes

Oh awesome! Thank you for the reply!

2 Likes

Still waiting on a mascot for my bunpro app -.-""
Personally I would (for no particular reason) like to have a possum mascot. Trust me this is vital for the app to work.

2 Likes

We will take your opinion into the consideration :sunglasses:

@smearedink
The notifications has been fixed, and will work in the next version!
Sorry for the inconvienience. :bowing_man:

5 Likes

@Superpnut
I also feel that for some reason possums are very important for the app :thinking:

4 Likes

I still haven’t been able to install the +10 version, so please next release try to do 0.2.1 instead and see if that way google pushes the update?

3 Likes

Version 0.2.2+11

Dark Mode :vampire:

You can now enable dark mode in settings to make reviewing and learning more pleasant at night (or anytime you please!)

Readings

All reading passages available on the website are also available in the app now.

Vocab

All vocab available on the website is now also available in the app.

Search Improvements

You can now quickly search not only grammar points, but also vocab using not only kana, but also kanji and romaji. We have also added filtering functionality.

Changes

• Changed community posts to use a better method of displaying time.
  • Added an indicator for which grammar points have been studied in Grammar and Search
  • Added support for listening mode
  • Added support for more settings (font size, color blind assistance) still a work in progress.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed bug when user data persisted in memory after logging out and logging in on different account
  • Due now notifications show up correctly (if enabled)
  • The appbar icons no longer blink
  • Hanko (studied stamp) shows properly in the related grammar point tile
  • Adjusted app permissions

Thank you all very much for providing feedback! Because of you all, we have been able to fix bugs faster and add new interesting features. The app is still a work in progress, but as you can see, we are doing our best to make it fully functional!

Please keep sending us all of your feedback as often as you like, we look at all of it, and are using it to make the app more user friendly by the day!
:bowing_man:

8 Likes

can’t wait to try this dark mode! thank you for all the effort your putting into this!! I also really like the mascot idea. :grin:

5 Likes

I’m sure others have mentioned this (it is a long thread), but just to add my voice into the mix, being able to see Ghosts on the app dashboard alongside the rest of the SRS stage counts is of vital importance, as I use a certain metric to determine if I should take on new lessons or not, for the sake of my own pacing:

(((# items in SRS 0~2) + (# Ghosts)) < 10) → Take some lessons

2 Likes

I don’t know what’s going on but I’m not able to move out from the 0.2.0+8 no matter how much I try.

Edit: I tried leaving the program and rejoining and now I can’t even install the old version. It’s just listed as pre-registration. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Edit 2: Also hope you don’t mind, I have updated the title of the thread to match the new version.

1 Like

Regarding how slow updates have been to push out to Android:

It’s mostly the Google Playstore’s fault. It’s a common thing for Alphas/Betas to take ages to post the update, and at seemingly random times too.

To me, it seems like they have their resources allocated in such a way that free Betas/Alphas have the lowest priority to update, since it doesn’t make them all that much money, and uploading an app to the Play Store is free.

In order to even try and register yourself as a developer on the App Store there’s an upfront fee, but at the same time better infrastructure and less congestion. That’s why iOS is updating faster than Android.

We’re very sorry for any inconvenience this might cause to you guys. :bowing_man: We’re still looking for a way to speed this up.

4 Likes

@mrnoone @Daru

I have used for the second time my Google One privilege to contact support. They told me there’s something wrong with the update being pushed, as it’s only updating the website listing but they don’t see an app update. Can you please double check that the updated APK is being sent properly for review?

Still it would be also cool to have access to the APK, to be able to test it while this gets sorted out or found what’s the problem.

1 Like

Bugs found on Android 0.2.2+11:

Content → Reading Practice → Selecting any levels brings a white screen. This also happens by going to the side menu and selecting "Reading Practice", but this time you don't even get to be able to select the level or content before reaching the white page. Maybe it's not implemented yet?

The notification time popup is cut on my window despite having plenty of space. Also it doesn't match with the dark theme.

A way to filter the non added to reviews with the ones already learning

→ In Dark mode, some screens flash white before going dark for a brief period of time. It would be nice if there was a way to avoid this flashing in transitions and launching app.

If I find more things I’ll let you know.

Thanks for the great work!

2 Likes

There’s an issue with vacation mode on 0.2.0+10 for iOS. Needless to say, when I disabled it yesterday I had more reviews that what I was supposed to have.

1 Like

I’d like to test the android app, please.

1 Like

Should I be expecting to see +11 in TestFlight yet? It’s been quite awhile and the latest still appears to be +10.

4 Likes

Same here as well

1 Like

For the android version you can sign-up with your google account directly here:

https://play.google.com/apps/testing/bunpro.jp.bunpro_srs