New Bunpro Mobile Apps! - v0.4.0+71

Can we get the match system theme setting in the app sometime soon-ish? Please and thanks!

Iā€™m not sure if this is already known/reported, but the ā€œMain Deckā€ functionality seems to be bugged in the Android app. I have the Genki I 2nd edition deck (vocab + grammar) set as my main deck and, as expected, the study button pulls from the deck in the web app. However, on the android app, it seems to just be pulling from the default Bunpro path.

Let me know if I can provide any other information to help with this since I would really like to be able to use the Android app for adding new material, but at the moment any new lessons have to be done from the web app. Thanks!

1 Like

Also a separate issueā€“I have the ā€œDue Notificationsā€ option toggled on, but I am not receiving notifications when new reviews are available. Just to confirm, I have emptied the review queue to 0 multiple times.

1 Like

Loving the app so far, actually think it really helps with my productivity. :blush:

Just a couple of things to report:

• Iā€™m also not getting any review notifications through.
  • When using Native Reviews on my iPad (12.9), it doesnā€™t seem to scale properly. Iā€™ll send through a screenshot after my next review session.

As usual thanks for all the good work!

Edit

Attached view of the native reviews on the iPad:

2 Likes

Is there any way to make Native Reviews the default when you click the Review button?

@mrnoone

Also, the frame that contains the progress bars and charts resizes based on what you are viewing. So if you swipe left to view the charts, the frame shrinks and the content below the frame moves up. What are your thoughts on ensuring the height of the frame regardless of the contents so the rest of the content does not move?

1 Like

I donā€™t know if others have the same experience but on iOS, the app never syncs the reviews properly without login out and then login in again and the pull to refresh does nothing. Even after logout (which syncs the reviews) the other values master, ghosts etc never match with the main ones.

Otherwise itā€™s looking great :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@daleksbride
Hey!
This bug will be fixed in the new version of the app!

5 Likes

Native reviews donā€™t work for me at all :frowning: I canā€™t get pass this screen

2 Likes

Just updated to the latest version of the iOS app. I did my reviews and noticed that I was seeing furigana for every kanji (instead of just the ones I havenā€™t learned in Wanikani yet). Started troubleshooting by logging out and back in. Except now when I try to log back in it says, ā€œYour authorization token has changed. Please log in again.ā€ I am now unable to log in on the app.

Also, I use dark mode on my iPhone but now the keyboard changes to the light mode keyboard for some reason when Iā€™m using the Bunpro app. Also, when I am typing in my email and password on the log in screen all the characters I type are invisible!

Edit: Just tried closing the app and relaunching it and now I am logged in. Iā€™ll leave this post here in case it helps someone else.

Update: Did my reviews for today and I still see furigana for every kanji (when I should only see them for kanji I havenā€™t learned yet in Wanikani). Also, I got that message (about downloading data the first time I use the app) again, even though it did that yesterday. For the people stuck at that message, try clicking ā€œokā€ then refreshing the screen by pulling down, and then see if you can access your reviews.

3 Likes

Same here on Android.
Iā€™ve tried everything, resetting data, completely removing the app and deleting app data, then reinstall it. But I keep getting this.

4 Likes

Could we please add something to the native reviews where you can just click and show the translated sentence after answering. It can be bothersome having to cycle through the various levels of prompts.

5 Likes

Havenā€™t noticed any major issues on iOS! One minor thing:
Could we have the keyboard match the current bunpro theme (or the iOS system setting) for native reviews? My phone (and Bunpro) are in dark mode, but I always get a white keyboard (instead of the black one I have when using the webview). Thanks!

2 Likes

This please! Itā€™s rather glaring when doing reviews at night, when Iā€™m in dark mode and I get almost half the screen popping up white.

I know I asked before and was told you were working on it, but could we get native system matching for dark mode in the app, please?

Hey! Iā€™ve been trying to use the app and itā€™s great. But I do have some problems.

Firstly, how can I access decks in the app? I canā€™t find the new lessons anywhere, but the vocab reviews show up in the dashboard.

When I study grammar points, I always prefer to read atleast 3 or 4 articles/videosā€™ mentioned in the resources section. However, after reading the article, Bunpro takes me back to the dashboard (if I click back, or the back arrow button) instead of the grammar point I was currently studying.

Iā€™ve stopped using the app for now due to this reason because itā€™s quite a chore to keep going back and forth. Please let me know if Iā€™m doing something wrong.

Thank you!

Is this still the right place to report issues with the mobile apps? I just got back into Bunpro after a long break and while the recent updates look good, the text in reviews in the Android app is too small for me to easily read, especially the furigana. The text was much larger before these updates. Example of what it looks like currently:

Iā€™ve gone into the style settings and increased the font to ā€œBigā€ but it didnā€™t change the size at all.

Thanks!

2 Likes

@algebro
Hey,
If you increase the font size in the android settings, it should also increase the furigana size and font size in the app.

Cheers :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the workaround, but is there any way you would consider increasing the scaling so users who canā€™t read the small characters donā€™t have to globally change the font size on their phone? Or at least add a ā€œbiggestā€ option to allow further increasing the size without breaking the existing scaling? It doesnā€™t show well in the screenshot but there is a lot of empty space on the screen and the text is far tinier than it used to be

1 Like

@algebro
Of course it will be implemented, the font setting will be functional again :slight_smile:
It is on my priority list since I have a bad eyesight myself.

Cheers

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks a lot! I just wanted to make sure it wasnā€™t ā€œworking as intended, wontfixā€ :smile:

Bunpro just gets so much better every time I come back. Thanks for your hard work.

2 Likes