New Bunpro Mobile Apps! - v0.4.0+71

I would like to get access to the app please

2 Likes

Here is some feedback on the vacation mode on mobile.

Ordinarily I use my browser to go on vacation mode. However while on a prolonged weekend trip I forgot to enable it in my browser. So I decided to activate vacation mode via the app on my phone.

When I came back home and wanted to deactivate vacation mode I was unable to do so in my browser. But it finally deactivated once I did so via the app. Weirdā€¦ It keept on ā€œhangingā€ in the browser.

Now for my biggest regret. Just after deactivating vacation mode, I went ahead a did my reviews and a lesson. Only to find that my ā€œstudy streakā€ had been reset to 1 (should have been about 80), but my ā€œdays studiedā€ was at it was supposed to be (120).
Now, maybe it is just a coincident. Maybe I just forgot to study something new on the day I activated vacation mode. Or maybe it is the mobile app that does not preserve the ā€œdays studiedā€ counter.

I would appreciate a clarification on whether my broken streak was due to my own forgetfullness or due to a bug in the mobile app. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@onimitch
The app is not abadoned!
We are working on it right now!

@Flammen
I will look into this!

3 Likes

Iā€™m a new Bunpro user (and Japanese beginner!) and I am finding the Android app very helpful, as I do most of my reviews ā€œon the goā€. However, Iā€™ve noticed some slightly strange behaviour, with the appearance of the app dashboard changing. I think Iā€™ve narrowed this down to if I return directly to the dashboard view at the end of my reviews. If I do this, the dashboard appearance changes from the app ā€œblack and redā€ appearance to the ā€œblack and blueā€ appearance (and different features) you get with the mobile optimized browser view.
At first I thought I was crazy and was just getting muddled between using in the app and in my browser. However, this is definitely just the appā€¦ screenshots attached!
For what itā€™s worth, I prefer the ā€œblack and blueā€ look and functionality. I think this would be good as the app default.

1 Like

A new version was released with cram, bookmarks and some bug fixes. :bowing_man:

5 Likes

Awesome, thanks!

2 Likes

Hi, the app and web page shows radically different data in regards to items in each SRS, are they using different metrics for grouping?

1 Like

On the website, our newer method of segregating the levels is live. The app has yet to reflect this, but itā€™s mostly about how itā€™s being calculated rather than giving off numbers! We will update this in the near feature, thank you for your patience with our alpha. :bowing_man:

4 Likes

I havenā€™t use bunpro or the app in quite some time. I recently reseted my progress and made some lessons, I have 33 pending reviews I see on the web, but app says 0 reviews. I tried to uninstall the app and go back from beta to standard app, but still no reviews shown on the appā€¦

Hey!
It is because the reviews are not native, and it is possible to ā€˜escapeā€™ to website while reviewing/sutyding or cramming. This will be fixed in next few weeks.

1 Like

Ah! Thanks for the response :grin:

1 Like

hello! iā€™ve seen people mention this before so iā€™m not sure if this is a bug or the functionality hasnā€™t been implemented yet, but i canā€™t access reading practice. basically every time i tap on any lesson, iā€™m hit with a gray screen. the app does not crash and i can swipe back, thereā€™s simply nothing on the screen. iā€™m using the ios app and i updated to the latest available version. other than that, the app has been working fine and i find it very nice, so thank u !

3 Likes

Version 0.2.1+14

Long tap:

Long tapping on vocab/grammar will open a respective grammar point/vocab information, just like on the website.

SRS levels

Change dashboard SRS levels to match new level naming conventions and make them clickable to see a breakdown of each.