New Daily Goal System & Learn Queue

Thank you!! The “no daily goal” is a great quality of life setting. Thanks for thinking about it and adding that nice polish before release!

4 Likes

Good stuff! Will these features be making their way to the Android app eventually?

8 Likes

Hey!
Probably during the weekend or early next week!

Cheers :+1:

7 Likes

Why can’t we go through our reviews by specific deck anymore? I’m really frustrated I can’t do that anymore and I’m honestly surprised more people aren’t upset.

4 Likes

I’ll add Chrome to the list.

1 Like

It’s only been 20hrs. Most probably haven’t even noticed it yet. I used that feature too, but maybe only once a week when I felt like it. Without lurking here I wouldn’t have known about it missing yet

3 Likes

Hi very nice update, would it be possible to please keep the ‘review’ of what you just completed in your Learning?

Before this update, after you finished learning some new grammar it would show you just like you finished reviews with the sentences you just learned. But now unless I’m missing something it just takes you back to the dashboard.

3 Likes

Good point! Will switch the redirect back to Summary.

5 Likes

@orumi @Niclas I have added the Review button back in for each deck.

10 Likes

After finishing the last review I now always have one review left accordings to the review box on top.

@‌Buntebunpou @Pablunpro @Duolingo

This bug is now be fixed!
Thanks for pointing it out everyone :bowing_man:

8 Likes

grafik

That confetti is just lovely smiling_face

5 Likes

Glad you like it!
Gonna be adding it in a few other places pretty soon too :wink:

4 Likes

Two minor bugs fixed:

1. Search state not being reflected properly when typing a different search query and hitting Enter
  2. The JLPT Level and Textbook settings were still on the Settings page :man_facepalming:
    • These have been properly removed
5 Likes

I’m liking the update. I’ve been waiting for something like this for a long time, and this iteration is helpful with pacing my learning automatically, instead of manually having to hop in and out of learning sessions.
If I could make a request, I’d like to be able to “stack” my Batches. For example, today I set up to complete:

• 3 Batches of Grammar, where each Batch is 1 Grammar Point
  • 3 Batches of Vocab, where each Batch is 3 Vocab Points

I’d like if, when I click Learn it would give me a “Combined Batch”; 1 Grammar Point and 3 Vocab Points. Currently I have to click learn->Grammar, then back out to the home page and then click learn->Vocab to achieve the same effect. Not to mention that it makes repeating each Grammar “Batch” a little too easy.

But yes, overall a great update, I’d just like that one thing ironed out to make it perfect!

4 Likes

I can’t wait to try this out! よくやった、みんなさん!お疲れ様でした!

2 Likes

Haha, I love this idea!!! Yay!

:partying_face: :tada:

3 Likes

Totally this, please!!! Great suggestion, @bokudake ! Though, my hope for such a feature might go a bit beyond what you’re asking for, I’m not sure.

I’m currently driving myself nuts by compulsively (:flushed::sweat_smile:) adding manually-selected items to my Review Queue (since that’s the only way to do it) rather than setting them up in some separate Learn Queue (which would be ideal).

(There’s a ‘method’ to my madness (or so I hope!), which is basically “To reinforce learning troublesome items (vocab and/or kanji and/or grammar) by adding in additional related items for additional context/practice”, but right now it’s more ‘madness’ than functioning ‘method’.)

I guess my original thought was to wait for ‘Custom Decks’, and start to handle things that way.

But in the meantime, if perhaps this new Daily Goals and Over-Study (or Extra Study, whatever) could be adapted where there’s a way to collect manual items into some sort of deck-like catch-all heap/queue/collection which you could use with the Daily Goals interface, that would be a life-changing thing, at least for me.

Or, maybe, if it makes more sense this way, I guess you could categorize this as a request to bump up the priority for allowing for Custom Decks. Maybe my situation is not that common, but ‘the sooner the better’ is my desperate plea! :sweat_smile:

Now that Decks are out of Beta (huge congrats, BTW, Team Bunpro! :partying_face::tada:), one can always hope! :crossed_fingers:

Ah! Nice! Maybe this could inspire the Bunpro Team folks on how it might be relatively easily done in BP.

3 Likes

Perfect, thanks!

2 Likes

My review types are set to手 入力but every new batch i recently study comes by default into the
自己評価 for some unknow reason

2 Likes

お疲れ様です

2 Likes