Onomatopeia Deck

Since The Bunpro team is investing more effort into creating a variety of decks. Could we have a deck that focus solely on Onomatopeia words?

25 Likes

I second this. This is a great idea for a deck

3 Likes

You’ll be able to make your own decks and share with other users soon so I’m sure that’ll be available at some point

2 Likes

Roger that, one onomatopeia deck coming right up!

29 Likes

ドキドキ

I can’t wait <3

3 Likes

Great news. I don’t know whether this falls under onomatopoeia but it would be great to also have adjectives like しっかり, きっちり, … and adverbs like きちんと, …

2 Likes

I would also love to have this! Would be great to have something ranked by popularity of use. I’ve been thinking about this a lot recently because there’s so many and they’re used so frequently… And many have the same meaning and are similar, so those could be introduced at the same time, similar to the variations of the same grammar pattern. Like the ばかり、ばっかり、ばっかし、ばっか grammar point does.

2 Likes

Hi!

May this serve as an interim while we wait.

じーっと… :yum:

1 Like

The thing that confuses me about onomatopoeia when reading is the sheer amount of definitions some random onomatopoeias words have lol. Hard to memorise all definitions for them

2 Likes

OH, yes, please! They’re one of my weakpoints! I’ll be very glad to be able to study them through bunpro.

1 Like

Here is a very extensive list of onomatopeia (811 items :sob: ).
We will still make some small adjustments and improvements to it in the coming days.

It is grouped so the most common/useful entries are in the first chapters and then following chapters are grouped by sound with a little information about what the sound signifies.

https://bunpro.jp/decks/onoma/onomatopoeia

15 Likes

Nice!!
イソイソとしてお疲れ様でした。 :bowing_man:t2:

1 Like