Option to set Bunpro to Grammar only after initial setup?

Hi, I’m new here because I am (finally) trying to tackle grammar in a deeper way. So far I’m really enjoying it and plan to buy lifetime access during this christmas sale.

However, I have one problem: When I first set up the app I chose “Grammar and Vocab” when asked what I want to use Bunpro for. Now, I realized doing extra vocab is quite overwhelming in addition to WaniKani, so I would like to turn it off for now. I have already removed vocab from the lesson queue but I’m still fed the reviews (from my WaniKani imports as well).

Thanks for your help in advance!

I’m not sure if there’s a better way, but in your settings there should be an option for “split reviews.” Set that to Yes if it’s not already, and on your dashboard the review option should have a drop-down menu that lets you do grammar only (essentially ignoring your vocab reviews instead of getting rid of them).

1 Like

Welcome to the community :tada:

Go into profile>settings>reset

Scroll down to vocab options and select wanikani or all. This will nuke all vocab progress and review queue. They won’t appear

Careful not to reset your grammar instead

1 Like

You might need to remove the vocab deck from your Learn queue to prevent learning new content from it.

You can expand the learn dropdown like this:

Then open the vocab deck with the three dot menu.
Then remove the deck down at the bottom here:

2 Likes

Thank you! I am curious about one thing though: I have WaniKani set to sync daily and would like to continue using it for furigana. Will it re-import my review deck progress everyday?

Probably? But I can’t say, I don’t use wanikani. hopefully someone who uses the function can answer your question (⁠. ⁠❛⁠ ⁠ᴗ⁠ ⁠❛⁠.⁠)