Reviews 2.0, and a whole lot more! [Beta]

:dancer: :partying_face: :+1: :grin: :champagne: :ok_hand: :tada: :heavy_heart_exclamation: :dancer:
Great stuff! Thank you!

6 Likes

Love this little chap too:
Screenshot 2023-01-28 12.17.03 PM

6 Likes

Hi! So I see what you did what the alt-answers carousel, but for me the dots are like in the middle of my screen. Seems a bit out of place but not sure if its just me? At first I didn’t realize what it was for :sweat_smile: Also… any way you can make the little dots clickable, I have the urge to click them to change the answers instead of using the “alternatives” button

Side note: Loving the lil ghost slain :sunglasses: :ghost:

4 Likes

Thanks for the latest update, some nice improvements there.
I like that the SRS level change is now shown.

Perhaps the display button should have some kind of hint the first time so users know they can change the mode to their liking?
It defaulted to full screen also on my iPad in portrait mode.

2 Likes

Ok, I checked i. I knew I was not hallucinating!

Reviews 1.0 accepts katakana(at least in first position), reviews 2.0 doesn’t

2 Likes

Thank you for your hard work. The layout feels much better to use on my various setups. Thankfully the spacebar bug has also been fixed. Lots of good QoL changes overall.

One small polish thing is that every button in reviews 2.0 has a tool tip except the magnifying glass icon that takes you to the grammar page.

1 Like

Just tested adding notes during reviews again, the issue with the spacebar is solved, it doesn’t scroll up the screen anymore when adding notes. However, there is an issue with “I” now :sweat_smile: it scrolls up the screen and with “F” it scrolls up a little. Also when typing “P” it plays/stop the audio every time. It seems its an issue with the shortcuts in general?

1 Like

I think there is an issue with the new SRS level indicators. If I get an question wrong, it correctly lowers the SRS level but if I then get it correct in the cleanup part at the end of the review section, it then shows that the SRS increases again which of course is not correct.
If I check the grammar point after the session, the level was correctly lowered.

2 Likes

プチ Day 8.2 update:

• Make alternate-answer dots be clickable
    • Makes sense to just make the dots clickable, so that’s what I’ve done
    • As for their placement, and the large gap that can exist between them and the Japanese question text – basically we secure space/make room for the question translation and hint text at all times, so that if you do toggle them on/off, there is no ugly/distracting layout shift.
    • For the dot-carousel placement, we just used the “leading hint” space (the ‘we are looking for …’ style hint that appears after you enter an answer) – as this becomes irrelevant after answering the Q
    • We can have a think about where else we can place these dots. I’m actually curious to see how many other people do Bunpro with zero hints/translations whatsoever
    • @melisma
  • Allow Katakana input
    • This was a relatively easy fix – it will now convert your input to Katakana after submission.
    • Due to restrictions with Wanakana (the library we’re using) we can’t automatically have it convert Romaji to Hiragana
    • @Maykeye
  • Reviews hotkeys should now not intefer with input elsewhere on the page (e.g Notes)
    • Redid how hotkeys work internally
    • Nice find @chicharron
  • Fix SRS level indicator incorrectly showing increases/decreases during Wrap-up

As always, thanks ya’ll for the feedback, and the positive reception to the layout changes has been great :relaxed:

7 Likes

From my point of view at least, the layout issues are now solved and everything looks great :smiley:

2 Likes

Ive been thinking about the position of the answer dots the last few days and I can’t really think of anything better for now, and I’m satisfied with the dots being clickable :slight_smile: Haven’t found anything else to mention either. Thank you all for the AMAZING changes & really REALLY quick turnaround time on all the fixes!

3 Likes

プチ Day 8.3 update:

• Implement ‘Wrong Answer’ feature
    • If you input the wrong answer, you can also get a prompt telling you as to why you are wrong.
    • This was already a feature of Bunpro, but I totally forgot to implement it the first time around, because there aren’t many uses of it throughout all of Bunpro’s questions
    • A screenshot for context:
  • Fixed bug where the playback wouldn’t switch back to 1x speed switching to Slow speed
  • Match alt-answer carousel height with the leading-hint height
    • (There was a slight change in text placement before)
9 Likes

@Saimin I found a little workaround for now, at least. If you set the study mode to Focus Mode, the extra text is hidden, and the Yomichan grabs sentences as expected.

3 Likes

Very small issue, but I could not remove the furigana from the numbers.

2 Likes

Good catch! Created a ticket for this one

2 Likes

The padding around everything is making it hard to see everything on my little iPhone SE.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback!

1st or 2nd gen iPhone SE?
We no longer support the 1st gen SE’s screen width (320px)

On the Reviews page or the Grammar Point/Vocab pages?
We are planning an updated mobile layout for the Grammar Point/Vocab pages, as indeed there is too much padding on them on mobile.

1 Like

Great to see the stats page is back! :partying_face:
Info on number of ghosts slain would be much appreciated on there :eyes:

1 Like

**Hi there. **
===
Previously, clicking on text with a Grammar/Vocab popout would simultaneously open the popout and toggle the furigana on/off. To address this, we’ve created a new furigana/grammar point pop-out tooltip (‘Reader’ is the working name – any ideas are welcome!)
===
This is not working for me. It’s doesn’t do anithing if I click on the word.

1 Like

What us your furigana mode set to?
If it is set to “Off” and the word is not linked to a GrammarPoint/Vocab, then nothing will happen when you click on a word!

1 Like