Reviews 2.0, and a whole lot more! [Beta]

Wait I’m having the same issue… how did you resolve it? I feel like I’m missing something lol, I read the thread like 3 times and I’m still confused. I’m not seeing anything like this screenshot. I have reviews 2.0 turned on

I am also having this issue:

A screenshot from me on my Beta settings

1 Like

Unrelated to my above post…

How do I study a grammar deck and a vocab deck at the same time? Is my only option to go to the “Deck” page everyday? Any way to add that to the dashboard?

For example, I’d like to study Bunpro Vocab and Bunpro Grammar decks at the same time…

I feel like if you could mark up to 3 or 4 decks as a “main deck”, then I think there’s room on the dashboard to fit buttons for each of your “main decks”

How does one enable Vocab review with all question types? Thanks!

Hello. Can’t find it anywhere. Is there a way to separate grammar and vocab reviews ?

Settings>general>split reviews = yes

1 Like

Oh great ! Thank you !

I never found anything like that screenshot haha! I wanted to try the “fill-in” style (I didn’t even know it existed) so I just selected “cloze” on the vocab deck settings. That worked for me.
But I still don’t see anything like that screenshot, and my beta settings look the same as yours.

Another issue I’m facing is that I selected “sorting order” to “general” but they keep showing in alphabetical order, and default SRS to level 4 but it starts at SRS level 0.

2 Likes

As detailed in my previous post, I have changed the settings indicated here (multiple times), but there is no effect.
I even found a “change all to cloze” setting or something like that, but that also doesn’t change anything to cloze.

1 Like

I can replicate the bug where the input-type gets reset after submitting an answer.
Will look into this and get it fixed!
Thanks for pointing this out

EDIT: Have found the culprit. Will get this fix out ASAP

@chicharron

Vocab for N3 to N1 don’t have the “fill-in” (Cloze) style questions yet! So it is defaulting to the Manual Input style of questions
Should’ve made this clear in the post. Will add this in and also add a warning on the Review Type popout.

Sorry for the confusion!

1 Like

@chicharron

I think I can shed light on the confusion.
If you have the Beta turned on and the Reviews 2.0 option selected, then you are up to date and good to go!

Cram 2.0 explanation

The reference to Cram 2.0 only existed in an old screenshot in my post. Cram 2.0 has since been moved out of Beta, but only after my OP, which is why it existed in the screenshot and not in the settings page anymore

As for the new Review Type menu, it only exists on each the individual Vocab page, and doesn’t exist anywhere inside the Decks system yet. To change the Review Type for a Deck, you must use the old menu, that coincidentally uses the old names – Manual Input, Cloze and Flashcard.

The Decks/Vocab system is pretty confusing in its current state, and we have big plans to give it a makeover. Sorry for all the confusion with this.

How do I study a grammar deck and a vocab deck at the same time? Is my only option to go to the “Deck” page everyday? Any way to add that to the dashboard?

Yes currently you can only have one main Deck at a time, or use the Decks page to manually learn multiple decks.
We are internally spitballing ideas on how to integrate multiple Decks at once, which is part of the ‘Makeover’ I mentioned above.
Not the ideal answer, but hope it helps!

3 Likes

Thank you

Oh, that makes sense now.
Thanks for clearing that up!

1 Like

Tried Reviews 2.0 for the first time today and it looks really nice. I especially love how easy it is to see what you did wrong. Great stuff, keep it up. (Also looking forward to the cram feature at the end of review sessions)

3 Likes

First batch of Vocab fixes are here!

Fixes

• Always show furigana for Translate questions if revealing the answer
    • Now if you are revealing the answer for Translation questions (post-attempt for manual-input, clicked “See Answer” for reveal-and-grade), it will always show you the furigana, regardless of your furigana settings
    • @gapl
  • Added a warning, letting users know that questions will default to Translate questions if Fill-in question data does not exist
  • New Reviews created from a Deck not obeying Deck Settings, and defaulting to Cloze (fill-in) type
    • When learning from a Deck, items learnt should now obey the Review Type set in the Deck Settings
    • @kelth
  • Removed user avatar from Summary header to save space
  • Added the “Your Answer” (あなたの答え) section the the Feedback popout
  • Added input-warning if Kana/Kanji detected where English is required
  • Various either minor tweaks

Next on the List

• Add post-attempt phase to Flashcard (Reveal-and-grade)
    • This in the old Reviews system but not in Reviews 2.0
    • We are discussing internally how this could work in the new Reviews system
    • @gapl
9 Likes

Should “Sorting Order” actually affect the order you learn new words or just change the way the items are visually shown in the list? Right now it’s not affecting the order I actually learn the words. I have the deck sorted by “Novels” but when I go to learn new vocab it’s still in alphabetical order.

2 Likes

This works perfectly for me now, thanks for the quick fix! I’m using “a” to show answer and then either “1” or “2” to progress to the next one. Seamless experience, I love it. Especially with furigana being shown when revealing the answer.

1 Like

Is there a way of reviewing the vocab separate from the grammar?

1 Like

Hi there and welcome to the forums!

In the Settings menu under ‘General’, you should see this option:

If you select this, your Dashboard will now appear like this:

And you can study each type separately :wink:

1 Like

Clicking review under the deck page doesn’t go to your vocab review for that deck it goes to an all the items you learned review. Is it supposed to do that?

reviewdeck

1 Like