Feedback - Bug Reports

Update: More vocab that are buggy on mobile. 出身 and 台所 are some of those that’re impossible to bypass, too. 以内 can be bypassed with an alternate meaning.

1 Like

Hey, this one is a little weird.
It’s for N3’s lesson of 「の間に」
Being told 3 times to change it slightly is a little bit frustrating, and although I understand why each one should be changed, it seems weird that if you follow the path suggested, you still have to fix it several times.

2 Likes

When I press learn on my almost completed (1080/1100) JLPT N5 vocab deck, it presents me with this.

??

This has resulted in me having to literally go through the deck element by element checking which 20 items are left and adding them manually (yes, they are distributed randomly thru the deck). Speaking of which, it would be really nice to have an option to filter decks to show only learned or unlearned items (maybe even by level of SRS but I probably wouldn’t use that feature as much). It would be nice to be able to get an overview of the items that I haven’t learned in a deck, especially with the scattered nature of the WK integration meaning that I have random stuff mastered in all of the vocab decks.

Thanks!

Edit: I’m on the app with a Pixel 4a, if that helps.

4 Likes

This is as intended!

We only have a few (AFAIR 2 or 3) acronym words in Bunpro, and unfortunately this one shows up quite early.
It’d be rather complicated to support acronyms, and providing support for 3-odd words just didn’t feel worth it.

You’ll have to type えすえぬえす in manually, or just mark it as Mastered :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@Nostreum

I’ve added this infinite “See More” bug to the list.
I’m able to replicate it on my end too.

EDIT: This has been fixed!

1 Like

Oh it’s coming back… in 16 years :eyes:
next_review: "2039-12-12 07:00:00"

Not sure what happened with this!
You’ve got an old account though (thank you for your service), so I’ve just destroyed that Ghost for you. :crossed_swords:

Let me know if anything funky like that happens again :+1:

1 Like

Hi there! Thanks for the feedback.

Sounds similar to what happened with @simias.
Were you able to Learn correctly on the web version?

It’s either a bug with the app or a bug with the Decks system.

Just let me know and I can investigate!

Thanks for the feedback~

@WilliamWonderland I’ll pass this on to our mobile dev!

1 Like

Hey! Thanks for the fast response, I really appreciate the responsiveness and hard work of the mod and dev team! I switched to web (mobile) and it seemed to work fine, switched back to the app and it was still broken, so it looks like an app issue.

1 Like

Unable to login to different devices or browsers due to password not being recognized, and the password reset via forgot password doesn’t seem to land in my email box. Please assist?

1 Like

Welcome~
I’ve DMed you!

@WilliamWonderland
Hey!
Sorry for the late answer, but the issue got fixed, the update should be released for android devices within 24 hours :wink:

@stoag
Looking into the issue!

Have a nice day!

2 Likes

According to my phone the app was updated on December 3rd, but this is still happening. I looked at the 出す grammar point this morning , and the first example sentence is, “彼は答えを言い出す時に、くしゃみをした。” The audio which plays for the example sentence is female, even though “male” is selected in the settings accessible from the sentence itself (and the “use the male lector voice whenever possible” toggle is selected in the main app settings), but when taking the quiz the male voice plays for the same sentence.

On a side note, is the male audio older? The sound quality is noticeably worse than for the female voices (there are at least two), with a sort of “tin can” quality for a lot of the sentences.

So, as I mentioned here:

I couldn’t get new lessons to start for my active vocab deck on the website or Android app.

Since then, the issue has been solved on the website, but I just tried again on mobile and I still get the おめでとうございます message there, telling me that 学習済みます.

I rarely do lessons on mobile, so I didn’t notice that the issue persisted until now.

That’s with the app v0.4.1+122

2 Likes

Hey @adamdschneider
It should be fixed, when you open side menu at the bottom it should say Bunpro inc 0.4.1+122.
I think your data might be out of sync, so try going to settings:
Dashboard → top left icon ->. tap on gear icon → search for reset data and tap it →
Tap on “Grammar Examples Data” and “Quiz Data” I think it should fix the issue.

Have a nice weekend!

@stoag
I have added filter menu to the decks. It will be released with next update.
You can filter by studied/not studied/no filtering.

I think that I will also manage to fix that bug by that time.

Have a nice weekend!

1 Like

Resetting the data seems to have fixed it, thank you.

Now I am noticing that when you start an example sentence’s audio, it has to play out fully before another one will start. Not sure if it’s a bug, but it wasn’t that way before. To explain in a bit more detail: once I press play next to an example sentence, pressing play next to a different sentence will not play that different sentence’s audio at all until the first sentence’s audio has finished. Even if I pause the audio playing, pressing play on a second sentence just resumes playback of the first sentence’s audio. This is not really a big deal but it is a change from the way it worked before.

@mrnoone @veritas_nz
Hey there !
It’s been ten days so I gave it a try, but the app is still in constant loading up state. I’ve been using the website ever since.
I’m on android, cleared cache and all data, reinstall the app, but still nothing.

Edit : and locked here too :

1 Like

In Cram sessions the hint settings are still not respected, and for me it always gives me ALL the hints, which makes cram sessions very unhelpful for me since I will never learn the translations if they are given to me every time. This was reported way back in March 2022 and is still continuing to be an issue.

I’ve worked around it for now by using an ad blocker to essentially remove the hints, but that also means I can’t even get the nuance, so some questions can’t be answered consistently (asking for the conjugation of a adjective, but without the context if it is past tense, or negative, or both). On top of that, I can’t check if I read the sentence right without disabling my adblocker, which requires a refresh which changes the question.

1 Like

Everytime I use vacation mode it throws away my pending reviews. Either all of them or subset. For example I had 53 pending reviews when I turned on vacation mode yesterday. Today I turned off vacation mode and I only have 11 pending reviews. This is pretty annoying because I’m not sure what happens to those pending reviews. Are ALL the reviews just rescheduled? If so, then why doesn’t it appear that my “future reviews” have increased in number by 40+. Let me know. BTW LOVE the app!

Should be fixed now :crossed_fingers:

1 Like