Toggle translation on/off

Hi there, apologies if this has already been raised (I looked through but couldn’t find it). I think it would be a great addition if, rather than having to go into the settings and selecting whether to show the translation or not, there was just a button to do it on the fly.

I find that if I have the translations on, my eye tends to naturally jump to the English and I get lazy about reading the Japanese. So, I find it a much better idea to have the translation off - however, sometimes I come across a sentence that I just don’t understand and want to quickly turn the translation on, check the meaning, and turn it off again.

Is there anyway that could be incorporated into the site?
I know that Bunpro is still a work in progress and the people involved probably have their hands full. But I think this would be a useful addition.

お疲れ様です!

3 Likes

Spacebar is already a hotkey for this

2 Likes

hello, Thanatos13!

well yes, there’s a button already. just where the translation exists, at the very left of the sentence, a “show” button does the job. it could give you a translation, a small hint or nada at all.

2 Likes

Well, don’t I feel stupid. I never actually tried clicking on the show button. I guess I assumed it was a button to reveal the answer?
Thanks for letting me know.

2 Likes

Nice, the spacebar key makes it super easy, barely an inconvenience.
Thanks!

3 Likes

@Pushindawood This is exactly why I think there should be an easily-discoverable (possibly tutorial) page that outlines all the keyboard shortcuts. @Thanatos13 here made it to level 23 without ever realizing there is a hint toggle… :man_facepalming:

It’s important that people know of all the features 文プロ has to offer, especially newcomers!!

3 Likes

I agree @Kai. Have the keyboard shortcuts been documented anywhere yet?

1 Like

Keyboard shortcuts can be found in the FAQ section (direct link to the kb shortcut section provided).

Or here’s a picture -

3 Likes