Update - July 13th, 2021

Thanks for resetting me again! I really liked how simple and straight forward it was. I’m not sure what choosing your Japanese level does(if it affects english/furigana/etc). But if it does change stuff maybe you can have it say under the box when you select it? just an idea.

I made a separate post about the textbook pathways and my feelings on them. I think there should be a disclaimer that textbook paths may use example sentences with out of order grammar, and bunpro order is recommended, but that is probably a discussion for the other thread.

Also the last page I saw the recommendations again, so I still would recommend having a box to choose your study group amount may be a good idea for new users. But just have it limited so they can’t choose a number too high from the onboarding.

Also, I think the WaniKani integration is a great feature, so maybe having a section on the last page to put your key in would be helpful, and a checkbox to hide furigana for known wanikani vocab under/next to the key entry box. Or maybe just a note saying you can do that in options later.

I also really like how it goes straight into the lesson afterward too so they get familiar with the explanation and see it in action right away.

Overall a really nice feature and I think it’s great you added it! Thanks for letting me try it (twice). And thanks for constantly putting work into the site!

7 Likes

Could I take a look at the new onboarding too?