Update - Sept 13th [All Questions have Kanji Answers]

In general settings: Log in | Japanese Grammar SRS
You can choose to turn off auto highlighting of errors during reviews. It is on by default.

@rwmleach @mooire @sam @SteveB @anon11044561 @Lyrith @ko_pp @MZa @gyroninja @Haruka @FredKore @evadethebook

15 Likes

thanks a lot, this was an essential setting for me

2 Likes

I did backspace and correct my answer, as I always do. The behaviour I described occurred regardless.

1 Like

Perfect! Thanks for getting on that so quickly

1 Like

Thank you so much for all these updates. I love them so much. As soon as I saw my first highlight I thought “oh that’s specifically what I got wrong” and it allowed me to think about why I messed up. Kanji support is also greatly appreciated!

1 Like

Forcing kanji usage onto grammar that is more commonly found written in kana is counterintuitive and forces checks using another website (動きっぱなし being shown as 動きっ放し is a good example).

5 Likes

I have mixed feelings about this. While I originally thought this would be implemented by showing only the kanji that is commonly used, I, myself, am not totally against seeing the rarer kanji just to know what they are.

forces checks using another website

I’m not sure what you mean by this. Wouldn’t this be instead saving checks you have to do since you know both the kana and kanji versions of grammar points?

3 Likes

Thank you! You guys are awesome, keep up the great work.

2 Likes

Is it intentional that this converts hiragana into kanji even for grammar points that were taught as hiragana in the lessons? It’s a little confusing when it converts in those situations. Otherwise this is super cool!

3 Likes

Thanks for your quick implementation of this feature!

2 Likes

I definitely think that Kanji answers should only display by default if they’re actually commonly written that way. In cases where you’ll sometimes see them but ususally it’s in kana I think it’d be better to have them as alternative answers.

2 Likes

@HotAirGun The header has been adjusted to have a little more personality to it rather than just the pic. Thanks for speaking up about that because I think we did indeed go a little overboard on simplifying it.

6 Likes

Awesome! But I do have a question, previously while using the WaniKani option for Furigana you could toggle the furigana on or off by touching the Kanji but I’m not able to do that anymore (I’m using my phone) will this be fixed?

2 Likes

Thank you for this adjustment! Actually, the old round progressbar had a feature that it was easy to guess is it 25% or so, 50% or so and so on, but a straight progress bar is fine too. Thank you again!

@DawsonTate I have the same bug on my phone. I use Gecko-based Firefox. What browser do you use?

2 Likes

I use Chrome on my android. It was working say about a week ago. But the stopped. I like the WaniKani feature, but when I see Kanji I may of forgotten it’s nice to see the furigana with just a touch. But sadly this bug is kinda a problem lol

1 Like

Looks like there’s something with touch events. I remember there was some furigana and touch events related bugfix recently, looks like it causes a new bug.
Despite that, I still can toggle furigana in the Readings section. Is it working for you? Maybe this could help @Jake to pinpoint the cause of problem.

The reading section is fine with the furigana on my end. But when I do reviews I can’t toggle the furigana on any of them.

1 Like

I can’t toggle furigana in reviews on my phone either. Is this getting fixed?

Also why is this thread still linked as “What’s new”?