Yearly Recap 2023

Thanks, it works! And I would spend that money on extra rabbit ears for all Bunpro members! :rabbit:

(I say “would” … but … ding-dong :bell: … quick, better clear some space for the delivery driver :hushed:)

4 Likes

What a plesant suprise to check this! I love seeing these years in review across the many platforms I use.

4 Likes

Well for one, seeing the amount of reviews against the amount of ghosts really surprised me since I experienced it as much worse :see_no_evil: so it’s quite heartening to see!

Also 13525 yen with the inflation is a bit sad, but I’d probably use it to buy… Somnium Files Nirvana in Japanese for switch? And some other game I’ve yet to think of lol

Thank you for your hard work Bunproers, throughout the year, of course, but also for this lovely feature :relieved:

12 Likes

It seems to be missing some days, mine says I only studied 358 days in the year, but as we all know a year would be 365 days and my streak is currently 642. I assume this is because it’s counting to the end of this year, but shouldn’t it be counting since the end of the last wrap up?

12 Likes

For the next year’s recap I would love to see additional statistics, such as: studied days streak and average accuracy of all reviews. Maybe earned achievements too?

Anyway, nice roundup!

9 Likes

Recap time :eyes: :sparkles:

• Only ~26 hours? Maybe not so weird considering I added all the lessons last year, so I didn’t spend as much time scrutinizing the detail section this year. It has become a routine for me to just quickly do reviews while eating breakfast before going to school. (And usually I’m in a rush, ngl :joy: )
  • 11% ghosts after switching settings from ‘minimal’ to ‘on’. Honestly thought it was going to be a higher percentage for some reason.
  • I’d buy pocky with that grammar money :eyes: :chopsticks:

• Excited to have mastered so many grammar points! :bunprogold:
  • Still got a few grammar points in the carousel going Expert → Seasoned → Expert → Seasoned. At least they’re not bouncing all the way to Adept anymore.

Very satisfying to see how much progress I’ve made this year displayed like this! Shows that consistence is key and no matter how gradual it can feel like, it’s still progress over time.

My recap from 2022. I’m looking forward to next year’s recap! :fireworks:

9 Likes

Look at those reviews! :flushed: And all of those hours on Bunpro alone!

Well, I’m obviously going to hit up a bookstore and buy a ton of manga that I still can’t read yet. Surely I could buy all 100+ volumes of One Piece!

11 Likes

Today I Learned: アヒル means ‘domestic duck’!

Plus some bonus rarely-used kanji conjured up by my “10ten Japanese Reader” plugin in Firefox:

家鴨, 鶩 [あひる, アヒル] (n) (uk) domestic duck

1 Like

I don’t know how to feel about the amount of ghosts :skull:

9 Likes

Normally I shy away from posting this kind of thing. But I guess I’m feeling less shy today, so here goes!

Lots of vocab studying for lots of reviews!

Slow and steady wins the race makes the progress!

Screenshot 2023-12-23 112710 - BP progress

I did notice a bit of a layout scaling issue, though. Normally I have BP in a half-screen-width window so I can have two browser windows open on my screen at the same time. But the third Recap page doesn’t quite fit. See below…

Layout scaling issue

8 Likes

This is my recap:

I am very happy with my steady progress. This year I successfully established a routine of studying Japanese every day and am close to my 365 day-streak. Currently I am doing Grammar on Bunpro and Vocab on Anki. Already looking forward to what next year brings.
9 Likes

37k reviews! That must be up there with the most

2 Likes

Even though I used BunPro for most of the year, I didn’t accomplish much. Should’ve been done with everything by now, but been slacking instead :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. Anyway, here it is:

6 Likes

よろしくね :duck:

2 Likes

I reset N4 and N3 multiple times this year, just recently in fact haha. I don’t think my yearly recap is accurate thanks to that. :sweat_smile: For example, I studied 218 days according to the dashboard but the yearly review says 103 days. In any event, it’s been a good year here.

3 Likes

This year i’ve completely reset my level and stats starting down from Level 0 all the way to level 88.

I really love bunpro and the wonders it did to me and my japanese language skill.
Please keep improving bunpro even further.
I will be cheering the team forever on

9 Likes

Oh I think this years recap format is very cool!
I’m gonna post my numbers now C:<

I’ve actually had a kind of busy year and haven’t had much time to add new items. So I’ve only added vocab this year I think

7 Likes

I’m so grateful for Bunpro, it just works for me and has made studying grammar so incredibly accessible and rewarding. Thank you for this wonderful recap feature and all that you guys do 来年が楽しみだ!

9 Likes

Does the yearly recap still update, like if you check back later will the numbers change at any point?

I’ve checked back a few times so far and still the same numbers.
Just asking to avoid getting RSI from pressing F5 yet more times :laughing:

3 Likes

Progress reflection: Being 100% new to Japanese, I’m happy with my progress. :slight_smile: My main focus has been on WaniKani since I started back in June. I’m guessing my reviews would be much higher if vocab was included. Right now I am focusing on vocab (& kanji) while going slower with grammar. I was very happy to be able to read a sentence or two on a Japanese snack package earlier this week. :partying_face:

Next year goals: Continue putting in effort on both Bunpro & WaniKani daily, even if only a 5 minute review to keep my streak going. Also continue acquiring Japanese snacks. Plus some reading attempts from various free resources such as Tadoku’s free books.

What I would buy with my 4127 円: Yuzu Dorayaki :yum:

5 Likes