The goal of this tread is provide you with a way to see the updates we make to Bunpro in real time. Since we only tend to post on the site or send an email out for major updates, an update thread will help quench your thirst for progress between those major announcements.
We will update this thread weekly/bi-weekly.
Update! March 18, 2019
10 New Grammar Points
どれ - Genki I Chapter 2, Page 62・Bunpro N5, Lesson 6
どの - Genki I Chapter 2, Page 63・Bunpro N5, Lesson 8
だれ - Genki I Chapter 2, Page 64・Bunpro N5, Lesson 3
たくさん - Genki I Chapter 4, Page 112 ・Bunpro N5, Lesson 8
好き - Genki I Chapter 5, Page 134 ・Bunpro N5, Lesson 3
嫌い - Genki I Chapter 5, Page 134・Bunpro N5, Lesson 6
何か・何も - Genki I Chapter 8, Page 196・Bunpro N5, Lesson 9
Adjective + の(は) - Genki I Chapter 10, Page 233・Bunpro N5, Lesson 8
の Pronoun “one” - Genki I Chapter 10, Page 233・Bunpro N5, Lesson 9
かに・にも - Genki I Chapter 10, Page 235・Bunpro N5, Lesson 10
March 8, 2019
N2 now has 12 sentences and 12 review questions for every grammar point in every lesson!
All N2 Updates
Dates when 12 sentences and 12 reviews questions were added:
Lesson 1 - November 23, 2018
Lesson 2 - January 11, 2019
Lesson 3 - January 18, 2019
Lesson 4 - January 25, 2019
Lesson 5 - February 4, 2019
Lesson 6 - February 10, 2019
Lesson 7 - February 18, 2019
Lesson 8 - February 22, 2019
Lesson 9 - March 1, 2019
Lesson 10 - March 8, 2019
December 25, 2018
The second edition of みんなの日本語 II is now available in Paths!
December 13, 2018
Study what you learn in your textbook right alongside Bunpro.
Make a textbook your primary study resource.
Add an entire chapter or choose individual grammar points from each chapter to study and add to your reviews.
Your Bunpro level now updates instantaneously on the forums when you level up on Bunpro.
December 4, 2018
N4 Audio - All N4 example sentences and review questions have now been updated to include audio.
Discourse Links - All of N5 grammar points are now accompanied with links to the forums so that you can discuss grammar points in greater detail.
December 3, 2018
- Track how many days in a row you have studied.
- Get motivated to make progress by earning XP, leveling up and collecting badges.
- Block out distractions and focus during reviews.
Study Streak - Bunpro now tracks the amount of consecutive days you have signed into Bunpro and have done at least one review.
XP - Everyone will now earn experience points from reviewing grammar on Bunpro. Every time you put in a correct answer for a grammar point in reviews, you will receive XP.
Levels and Badges - You can now level up in Bunpro and be rewarded with badges, medals and other achievements.
Focus - You now have the ability to hide the heads-up display (HUD) in reviews. This includes the top menu bar, your remaining review count, percentage, SRS and ghost review indicators, and your XP progress bar.
November 23, 2018
N2, Lesson 10 is now available!
November 14, 2018
November 12, 2018
N2, Lesson 9 and Cram update!
October 18, 2018
N3 is now populated with over 600 related grammar points!
October 12, 2018
N2, Lesson 8 is now available! 24 new grammar points!
October 7, 2018
N2, Lesson 7 is now available! 20 new grammar points to further your studies!
Go to Account, Settings, Site Theme, and choose Modern Dark to try it out.
N5 and N4 lessons have now been populated with over 900 related grammar structures.
Compare and contrast similar grammar structures, nuances, and example sentences side-by-side, all in the same window.
September 14, 2018
N3 Lesson 10 now has 12 example sentences and 12 review questions! All N3 grammar points are now accompanied by 12 example sentences and 12 review questions.
September 11, 2018
N3 Lesson 9 now has 12 example sentences and 12 review questions!
September 3, 2018
- N2 Lesson 6 is now live!
- N3 Lesson 7 & Lesson 8 now both have 12 example sentences and 12 review questions.
- Bunpro is now scaleable. Simply change “Font Size” in your user settings.
The Study button now takes you directly to the grammar to be studied.
Based upon feedback the community has provided, we have made various small changes to the size/spacing of elements across the site as well as to how some parts of the site work to improve your overall experience.
July 12, 2018
Choose Ghost Review Aggressiveness
- When Ghost Reviews are set to ‘ON’ in settings, a Ghost Review will be created for a sentence if you miss it once in your reviews. Set Ghost Reviews to ‘Minimal’ to only add a sentence to Ghost Reviews if you miss the same sentence more than once.
Tweaks to Ghost Review SRS
- Ghost Review intervals are now 4 hours, 12 hours, 24 hours, and 48 hrs, meaning that you will see your Ghost sentence four times over the course of the next four days.
Ability to remove all Ghost Reviews
- You can now remove all Ghost Reviews from your review queue by clicking on Profile, Reset and selecting Ghost Reviews from the dropdown menu.
- You can now reset your Bunpro reviews! Click on Account, Profile, Reset and select the reviews that you would like to reset. Select Normal (All), Ghost Reviews, or a JLPT level and click reset to remove reviews from that particular category. Reset reviews will behave as if they have never been added to your review queue; there will no longer be any statistics or SRS level associated with them. Think of resetting your reviews as a way to wipe the slate clean and start anew.
*Resetting your reviews will not affect Self-Study questions.
N3 Lesson 6 - N3, Lesson 6 now has 12 example sentences and 12 review questions!
Update - July 6, 2018
Introducing Ghost Reviews
Ghost Reviews are reviews that you have gotten incorrect and come back to haunt you (leeches). If you get an item incorrect, that particular sentence will automatically be added to your review queue in addition to your normal reviews.
Ghost Reviews utilize a separate SRS so that you can devote extra attention to a specific sentence/nuance while you continue to receive new sentences and progress in your normal reviews.
You will see your Ghost Review sentence six times over the course of one month. The SRS intervals for Ghost Reviews are: 4 hours, 8 hours, 24 hours, 2 days, 4 days, 8 days, 2 weeks, 20 years. *Intervals will be shorter if you get the sentence incorrect.
With the implementation of Ghost Reviews, you will no longer get stuck in a review loop where, if you miss a sentence, you go back and see old sentences again. Instead, whether you get a grammar point correct or not, you will be able to further advance through the sentences on Bunpro! *Grammar points will still drop an SRS interval if incorrect.
The navbar has been removed on mobile for Reviews, Cram and Study quizzes to give you a more seamless and intuitive study session.
The summary page has a new look!
June 28, 2018
Page numbers for the remaining chapters (8~12) of An Integrated Approach to Intermediate Japanese have been added to Bunpro.
Autoplay Audio You can now have audio auto-play in reviews, study, and cram after submitting your answer. Just go to your settings and change Autoplay Audio to “On”. If you get a sentence incorrect, it will not auto-play until you click or press ‘a’ to show the answer.
N3 - N3, Lesson 5 now has 12 example sentences and 12 review questions!
June 26, 2018
Page numbers for the first seven chapters of An Integrated Approach to Intermediate Japanese have been added to Bunpro. Very special thanks to @conan for taking the time to provide us with these resources and making Bunpro more accessible to everyone!
June 21, 2018
You now have the option to choose what you study in Cram. You can choose to study all of the grammar and sentences from a particular JLPT level, only the grammar points that you have studied or only the sentences that you have reviewed.
Cram now also has a dedicated summary page where you can review your previous session data or all of the cramming that you have done in the past day.
Notes now have a more modern look.
Bunpro is now more intuitive about how you take notes and will let you know if you have any unsaved changes to your notes so that you never forget to save again!
N3 Lesson 4
- N3, Lesson 4 now has 12 example sentences and 12 review questions.
- Introducing Cram!
With the July JLPT less than a month away, we wanted to give you a way to brush up on your grammar separate from your regular reviews.
- Cram allows you to review random example sentences from a particular JLPT level.
- Cram draws from every available study question in our database to cover a variety of situations and nuances.
- You can cram for as long as you like without affecting your normal review SRS.
Happy cramming and good luck on the JLPT!
- Audio fix for latest chrome update that messed up the default html audio player.
- You will now begin seeing nuance information during reviews.
June 1st, 2018
- N3 Lesson 3 now has 12 new Example Sentences and Review Questions.
- We have begun adding nuance tags to grammar points that are difficult to differentiate. We hope that these will aid in your grammar studies.
May 31st, 2018
Audio now available during reviews. Click ︎ or press the “p” key to play the audio.
Not all sentences have audio yet but we will continue to add more when it becomes available.
Changes to notes:
- Notes now show roughly one line of their content .
- The note toolbar has been condensed into a one line, scrollable space on mobile to prevent it from taking up so much space. This will be replaced with a side-scrolling toolbar in the next update.
May 25th, 2018
- Added more stats to the stats page! You can see info about your reviews.
- Added a “slow” button on audio to allow you to play back at 75% speed.
May 24th, 2018
- User Stats Page - Some basic stats. We plan to add more, like total reviews, percentages, correct/incorrect and more.
- Fix for notes in reviews
*Audio for all of N5 and some of N4
*N3 Lesson 1 and Lesson 2 now have 12 sentences and 12 review questions